• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cheapest Marriott 1-Bedroom that could pull a 1 bedroom ski week?

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
100% in Vistana Network currently ... want to expand my timeshareportfolio to have a reasonable chance at pulling a Marriott ski week 1-bedroom.

Would be willing place an OGS in II way ahead of time.

Thoughts?

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
Where do you want to go skiing?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bet a 1BDRM Plat Custom House would do the trick I bet and would be a good trader otherwise for less than $2k.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
the $2k maintenance fees probably make this out of my hopeful timeshare budget.
This is true. We own a EOY plat CH and really love Boston. The unit does trade well. I picked up a 3BDRM Surfwatch HHI for a friend for mid August, which isn't super red but a very solid trade nonetheless.

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
What about Grande Chateau, two bedroom that can be locked off selling for about $2000 with the maintenance fee a little over $1200. I would think with the two bedroom you could get a one bedroom and if the one bedroom gets a one bedroom, then you have the studio to trade.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am laughing a little as I read this -- thinking of the Tug mantra of "buy where you want to go". But nobody wants to do that -- the maintenance fees are too high.

The not so funny part for me, I did buy where I wanted to go -- but still can't book a summer week at Newport Coast.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am laughing a little as I read this -- thinking of the Tug mantra of "buy where you want to go". But nobody wants to do that -- the maintenance fees are too high.

The not so funny part for me, I did buy where I wanted to go -- but still can't book a summer week at Newport Coast.
Do you do it right at 6am PT/9am ET?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The cheapest Marriott trader that works for the Marriott resort in Breck and the ones in Vail (for me) is Marriott's Willow Ridge, Branson. The studio sometimes gets great last-minute inventory, but the one bedroom trades as well as the two bedroom.

Bill4728

Reaction score

Sorry Newport Coast has such a sorry excuse for a use calendar. We only go there in the non summer months so our gold weeks work great for any week in the first 1/2 of the year and can often trade into the fall most years.