• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waterside by Spinnaker

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waterside - Hilton Head South Carolina

Completion of the final phase of all 198 units
Interior Refurbishments (55 villas) 2018

Source: Southwind Management

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
+1 looking forward to my next visit next summer

Last edited:

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. Is there a place I can see the refurbished rooms? We own a three bedroom at Waterside and have a week in August. We are the last building at the end of the beach street, I forgot the number of the building, although we have owned almost 15 years lol

Thanks.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some YouTube videos off their dated March and April 2018.
Plus, their website looks to be showing the new refurbished rooms. We do not own at this resort.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures. We really enjoy our stays at Waterside. We own a three bedroom and
for what we paid (practically nothing) and the maintenance, IMO, it is very worth our week visit to HHI.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Thank you for the pictures. We really enjoy our stays at Waterside. We own a three bedroom and
for what we paid (practically nothing) and the maintenance, IMO, it is very worth our week visit to HHI.

I KNOW!!!!

a 3BR at Hilton Head!!

and it's a very large villa, usually an end unit with extra windows, located in a great spot within a 3-4 block walk
(or shuttle) to the beach, and two nice pools.....and walkable to Coligny.

We own two 3BR floating weeks (they are mostly fixed weeks and units), and can reserve any week of the year,
and it's easy to book anything, even July 4th week.
I paid very little for it about 6-7 years ago, and after the recent renovation and refurbishment of all the buildings,
it's gorgeous. Great lagoon views too. I think it's one of the sleeper resorts at HH for sure. We use it for extra time at HH,
and it's just down the street and one left turn from our home-away-from-home, Marriott's Grande Ocean.
But don't tell anyone.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on the Spinnaker management company Southwinds Management? Are they easy to work with and relatively consistent?

Does anyone have recent experience on how long they take to transfer ownership?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Don’t know about transfers. But you know you have to prepay annual fees (which I like bc it keeps out bogus transfers). As for mnmgt, I think they do well. Keep annual fees on the lower end. Our W fees are $200 less than hhi coral reef 2 br. Also No special assessment for refurb.
Also the most honest salesman ever encountered. When we went to owners update in which they offered upgrades to blue water, they were giving full price paid for waterside as credit to new purchase. We bought resale and when salesman saw what we paid, he said you got a great deal and he did not recommend upgrading (“not worth it for you guys”).
How often does anyone ever hear that?

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Elaine! That helps.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
WOW awesome pictures.... We stay at Island Links trading in through RCI.... how many can a 3 bedroom have it it.... thanks Dave

Jolson

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a fixed summer 3 bedroom unit at Waterside. The master has a king size bed (sleeps 2), the 2nd bedroom also has a king size bed (sleeps 2), the 3rd bedroom has two single beds (sleeps 2) and the living room couch pulls out to a double (sleeps 2). Total occupancy of a 3 bedroom unit is 8 people. It also has 3 full size bathrooms which is pretty sweet when everyone is trying to get ready.

We do love the resort as it's very laid back and an easy stroll down a nicely shaded street to get to Coligny Plaza or the beach.

Reactions: jme

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a fixed summer 3 bedroom unit at Waterside. The master has a king size bed (sleeps 2), the 2nd bedroom also has a king size bed (sleeps 2), the 3rd bedroom has two single beds (sleeps 2) and the living room couch pulls out to a double (sleeps 2). Total occupancy of a 3 bedroom unit is 8 people. It also has 3 full size bathrooms which is pretty sweet when everyone is trying to get ready.

We do love the resort as it's very laid back and an easy stroll down a nicely shaded street to get to Coligny Plaza or the beach.

I own a fixed August week and believe the second bedroom also has a pull out couch.
Love the resort and cannot wait to go back in a couple of months!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Waterside by Spinnaker
(new video highlighting renovations)

(old video above in POST #6 "no longer available", per YouTube)

Photos from post #6 (above) revisited BELOW:
You can scroll down these PHOTOS below----- some of the early pics show the renovated rooms.
(the early kitchen photo with red wallpaper is NOT the newly renovated kitchen)

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x88fc790f450c957f:0x12595267acb794dc!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPt0CbX88VdKAVO3t9SSykJ_TF__hCROuQHfvwv=w426-h320-k-no!5swaterside by spinnaker - Google Search!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPt0CbX88VdKAVO3t9SSykJ_TF__hCROuQHfvwv&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwioi8bvo-niAhXQ1lkKHevcB2wQoiowEHoECAoQBg

Last edited:

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the video!
I own a fixed August 3 bedroom in 5800 (the very last building at the end of the road).
Has this building been refurbished? Although my unit always looks clean and not worn, it could use an update on colors and tiles in the kitchen.

Thanks.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Thank you for the video!
I own a fixed August 3 bedroom in 5800 (the very last building at the end of the road).
Has this building been refurbished? Although my unit always looks clean and not worn, it could use an update on colors and tiles in the kitchen.
Thanks.

All buildings have been renovated and refurbished.......they did a great job, too...very attractive and very comfortable.
Because of what we spent initially to purchase, and what they've done with the superb re-do,
we feel it's the best deal we've heard of at HH. Very glad we own there (two 3BR floating weeks for any week of the year).
Hate to hear about the expiration of the golf perks....didn't use it ourselves, but it was definitely the best golf deal on the island....
not anymore, but now it's more like other plans at other resorts.

https://www.spinnakerresorts.com/images/pdf/waterside-site-plan-spinnaker-resorts-hilton-head.pdf