• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ko Olina Parking

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've scheduled a return to Ko Olina for next January, five nights will be one of those special promotional packages that we purchased on our last visit and the remainder of the stay using DC points. This morning the person handling the booking mentioned to my wife that there is a $37.50 per day charge for parking. Neither of us remember that from our last visit a year ago. I was wondering what anyone who has been there recently might be able to tell us about their experience with parking there.

Kapolei

Reaction score
We've scheduled a return to Ko Olina for next January, five nights will be one of those special promotional packages that we purchased on our last visit and the remainder of the stay using DC points. This morning the person handling the booking mentioned to my wife that there is a $37.50 per day charge for parking. Neither of us remember that from our last visit a year ago. I was wondering what anyone who has been there recently might be able to tell us about their experience with parking there.

One parking comes with a timeshare week. My stays have been though II trades. Second parking with week has been $20.

$37.50? I guess that is the hotel rate.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
I take it you are returning via an Encore package you purchased, and you are using DC points to stay the remainder. When you purchased the package, it must have stated somewhere in the docs you signed whether it includes parking.

If your stay was purely on DC points, you would not pay for parking. I assume Encore packages also cover parking, so I'm thinking you just got the wrong person on the line. I would call again (making sure you got a different person) and start by confirming if your stay under DC points includes parking. When they say it does, casually mention that part of the stay is under the package you mentioned and get confirmation that the whole stay will include parking. If they balk, state how confusing this is for you as a DC owner, no one mentioned it when you purchased the package, etc, etc, and ask to talk to a supervisor, or the person who sold you the package. They will probably not want to deal with you and may just say parking will be comped. Once you get a satisfactory answer, ask for an Email to be sent to you confirming that parking is covered. Note that they may end up moving you for the extra two nights, so it's possible they will make you pay for parking for as many as 5 nights, but I doubt they will put you through that.

Even as a weeks owner, my confirmation explicitly says that there will be a charge for parking - even though I have never paid a dime for parking. I have stated so many times how confusing and misleading this fee is on their confirmations.

Those who pay parking fee:
  • ANYONE who uses valet parking (even owners)
  • Those staying on an II exchange
  • Those who booked as non-owners through some travel site (including Marriott)
Those who do NOT pay parking fee (one car max):
  • Weeks owners staying at resort
  • Those who booked using DC points
  • Those staying as a GUEST of the owner on a reservation (this includes renters)
  • Owners who extend their stay through Marriott (i.e purchasing an extra night). This was the case for us a couple of years ago when we were renting two weeks that had dissimilar arrival days so we purchased a night as a connector.
Not sure if you pay:
  • Those staying on a package, but it should be explicitly stated in the papers you signed

Kapolei

Reaction score

Those who pay parking fee:
  • ANYONE who uses valet parking (even owners)
  • Those staying on an II exchange
  • hose who booked as non-owners through some travel site (including Marriott)
Those who do NOT pay parking fee (one car max):
  • Weeks owners staying at resort
  • Those who booked using DC points
  • Those staying as a GUEST of the owner on a reservation (this includes renters)
  • Owners who extend their stay through Marriott (i.e purchasing an extra night). This was the case for us a couple of years ago when we were renting two weeks that had dissimilar arrival days so we purchased a night as a connector.
Not sure if you pay:
  • Those staying on a package, but it should be explicitly stated in the papers you signed

There is no parking charge on an II exchange.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
The Encore visit is the only part that should incur the parking charge, and if you get a nice front-desk rep and she/he knows you are an 'owner' via DPs extending your stay, they might waive it. It's been known to happen. ;-)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Parking fees are charged for booking through marriott.com and encore packages. All other bookings have free self parking for one vehicle. Unless you are in a 3br which will provide you with free self parking for two vehicles.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
We were there in Nov on an exchange. We decided to extend a few days and made a "hotel" reservation. They not only kept us in the same room, they waived the parking fee since it was linked with our exchange.

We're returning on an Encore package next month. When we cheked out from our Nov stay, they told us they waive parking for hotel/Encore if linked to an exchange...so we did :) We're spending 13 days there with free parking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
The lady at the Aloha desk reminded us to add at least one night so that we would not have to pay for parking.
One of the boxes you initial states that parking will be charged.

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just stayed at Kauai Beach Club on an encore package and paid for parking, despite being Chairman's Club owners. We asked about the possibility of waiving it, but we were not sucessful.

Johnsp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe, Marriott, Worldmark
We have combined an encore package with a DC points stay several times at Ko Olina and parking fees have always been waived. This has also been the case on Maui.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
We stayed on an encore package at Waikola for five nights just last month (Feb 2018). There was no charge for parking.

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
  • Brian and all - thanks for sharing your experiences about parking fees with the encore package. It appears that sometimes you're charged and sometimes you're not. At the end of the day we decided to abandon the encore package altogether and eat the $99 upfront fee and simply enjoy the twelve nights we had booked adjacent to the encore package and spend a few extra nights on the big Island. The package sounded like a good idea last year when we were there, but looking at it now and then being hit with the "mandatory" parking fee and an afternoon eaten up with a presentation, we came to the conclusion that we'd be happier simply moving on.
  • We did do due diligence and try again to clarify the matter but whoever we spoke to even the second time insisted that the parking fee would remain in place despite our additional stay and Chairman's Club level.
  • We also promised ourselves never to be tempted by another encore offer. Did that, been there, don't need to go back.
Again, thank you all for your responses.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a confirmation for an II exchange into Marriott Ko Olina. It does say on the confirmation I received: "Parking charge USD 36.65". So have others received this parking charge notice on the II confirmation, but then when they got there, they were not charged it? The consensus from this thread seems to be that II exchangers do not have to pay for parking for their first vehicle. Does this still hold true in 2019 as far as we know? Is the II parking fee $36.65 notice on the II confirmation still incorrect for the first vehicle?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I just got a confirmation for an II exchange into Marriott Ko Olina. It does say on the confirmation I received: "Parking charge USD 36.65". So have others received this parking charge notice on the II confirmation, but then when they got there, they were not charged it? The consensus from this thread seems to be that II exchangers do not have to pay for parking for their first vehicle. Does this still hold true in 2019 as far as we know? Is the II parking fee $36.65 notice on the II confirmation still incorrect for the first vehicle?
No parking charge on an II exchange. Btw 2br transient accommodation tax is now $16.85 a night.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

amyhwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Ko Olina
We own at Ko Olina, but weren’t charged for parking when adding on cash nights. As an owner, you shouldn’t be charged for parking, no matter if using points, your week, or an encore package.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3

I would not worry about the parking fee. Even as an owner, when I receive my confirmation from Marriott, it warns of a parking fee. I have never, ever understood this. You would think Marriott would be at the point where they know which reservations will pay for parking and which will not - but these are same great thinkers that came up with "Bonvoy" (great use of time, guys). It makes renting the week that much more difficult, as it always sounds like a scam when you try to tell the renter they won't have to pay for parking (when it says they will on their confirmation).