• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tugg links deleted on FaceBook as spam.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I the Fb group "Bluegreen Condo Marketplace" I was trying to direct someone to the rental ads in the TUG marketplace.

The first link I provided was for the region Fl East Coast and Keys. It got deleted and I got a notification of such.

I then tried to link the Timeshare Marketplace home page, same thing.

I finally posted "So check TUG 2. Com without spaces" That post is still up.

This is really making it hard to spread the word.

I have no idea if someone is marking it spam or if FaceBook is doing it.

If the admin of the group didn't like it he could just delete it without going through FB.

I'm going to try putting the link in a private FB group I belong to.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I decided not to try to post in the other group right now. I have a unit for rent on FB and do not need to be put in FB jail at this time. I will try once that week is rented or used by me.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its definitely the admins that are deleting your links not facebook...happens quite often in a number of facebook groups.

heck TUG has its own facebook page https://facebook.com/timeshareusersgroup

sad really as we certainly dont do that to them. just makes you wonder why an administrator of a site created specifically to help timeshare owners....would delete links to TUG =)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a link in the same post to the last minute rentals offered and that stayed.

The admin doesn't need to alert FB of an ad they think is spam, they can just delete for no reason at all, that is why I think it's FB. I tagged you in the post.

I still haven't heard back from FB on my appeal of the posts being spam.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
usually someone is simply "flagging" a post as spam or otherwise...and I believe fb simply errors on the side of caution and will remove an ad flagged like that while they "review" it etc.

we went thru that quite a bit even in our facebook posts for months where someone was just flagging each and every one as "violating community standards" etc. we disputed them all and they were all restored, but it was more of a headache and a time waster than anything.

plenty of folks out there LOVE to hide anything TUG related. the industry as a whole would like nothing more than for us to disappear.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think facebook "reviews" ones flagged as violating something, in some cases they just delete anything that's flagged by another user, unless that flag/deletion is challenged by a party, and then, maybe. It can take a lot of time and effort to have something reinstated as OK for fb, as mentioned by Brian, but in some cases is done successfully. fb isn't necessarily consistent in policy. In other cases it's the admin of a specific group, and the same inconsistency applies. Good luck!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They sent me a notice that my deleted post violates their community standards for spam, what do I want to do?

Accept that decision

Appeal and have someone review it .

I asked for a review because I want to be able to share those ads with interested parties

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, we had to click the link to indicate "this isnt spam" or whatever the terminology was used to request a review from facebook.

it was ridiculous for almost a month, ever post we made would get flagged by someone and we would have to appeal it and it would be reinstated later that day etc.

some folks just have nothing better to do than waste other folks time it would seem.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
It happened to me recently as well in one of the Wyndham FB groups too.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you know you are doing something right when shady folks want to prevent you from spreading the word of TUG to other owners!