• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Well as of this morning I am no longer Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite and am now Lifetime Titanium:

upload_2019-2-13_7-42-39.png

Ray

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Same here... Lifetime Titanium. I am surprised it really happened today.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Lifetime Titanium Elite, but thru the hotel side, not timeshare side. . I don't have any Marriott timeshares. I have stayed at many of their timeshares on exchanges and enjoyed them all. I have stayed in MANY Marriott HOTELS over the years and enjoyed them too.
I don't like the name Titanium, but it's the benefits that count;)

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I show Titanium, but they dropped the Lifetime?? Hopefully that sorts its self out. (over 1100 nights and 6 million points.)

Tom M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Marbella Beach Club

formerly:
Marriott Sunset Pointe
Have those of you who have qualified for Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite by end of 2018 seen your status updated? Mine still shows as Platinum Elite. When I called the Reward line, the associate was clueless and kept saying Platinum Elite was the highest Lifetime Status. Anyone has an old Marriott web-page link about qualifying for Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite through Dec 2018?

Before yesterday I was indeed labeled as Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite.

Yesterday I became Lifetine Titanium Elite.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yep! My status is shown as Lifetime Titanium Elite now. Hope it’s worth something...:)

scpoidog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina
I show Titanium, but they dropped the Lifetime?? Hopefully that sorts its self out. (over 1100 nights and 6 million points.)

Keep scrolling down, it should show the lifetime. Also if you see the infinity sign, that designates lifetime status as well

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Lifetime titanium here too. Wonder if we'll get a new card in the mail.

Anyone else taking advantage of the 2 night stay bonus through April?

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
What exactly is the "two night stay bonus thru April" ?

Thanks.

Received this online:
"Stay at any of our 6700 participating hotels...now through 4/30/19.
Get 7500 bonus points after one stay and 15,000 additional points after your second stay.
Registration required...maximum 22,500 bonus points."

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received this online:
"Stay at any of our 6700 participating hotels...now through 4/30/19.
Get 7500 bonus points after one stay and 15,000 additional points after your second stay.
Registration required...maximum 22,500 bonus points."

Mine was a little different - - 3 nights, still 22,500 points, good thru May 31.

• Stay at any of our 6,700 participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 05/31/2019.
  • Get 6,000 bonus points after one stay*, 7,500 additional points after your second stay and 9,000 more points after your third stay.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
My wife qualified Platinum for 2019 and did not receive the special promotion in her account. I'm Lifetime Titanium Elite and was able to sign up for the promotion. Our goal this year and every year going forward is to get her to Titanium Elite status. We may miss out on a few points this year (50% vs. 75%) but believe she will get better treatment (promotions, etc.) from Marriott when she travels on her own. We enjoy Marriott and the timeshares!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I looked at Promos and didn't have any offers. Strange.

Check to see if you opted out of promotions on your account at any point.

I didn't get the promotion so I called and apparently opted out recently on "all promotional emails".
I subsequently opted back in. Looking forward to the nice SMALL but easy reward.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Check to see if you opted out of promotions on your account at any point.

I didn't get the promotion so I called and apparently opted out recently on "all promotional emails".
I subsequently opted back in. Looking forward to the nice SMALL but easy reward.

Even so, even if you opted out of all promotional emails you still should show a promotion on your promotion page if you were in one of the targeted groups.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Even so, even if you opted out of all promotional emails you still should show a promotion on your promotion page if you were in one of the targeted groups.

Problem is, nobody knows for sure if they were in a targeted group or not, as seemingly some high-level individuals got it and some didn't.
It just so happened that I didn't because of my opting out of promotions, but perhaps somebody deserving could still get one sent to them
if it was simply an oversight or if equal members didn't get one due to a random non-selection.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Problem is, nobody knows for sure if they were in a targeted group or not, as seemingly some high-level individuals got it and some didn't.
It just so happened that I didn't because of my opting out of promotions, but perhaps somebody deserving could still get one sent to them
if it was simply an oversight or if equal members didn't get one due to a random non-selection.

I understand as I'm one of the non-targeted people. I was just saying that opting out of promotion emails should not be the same thing as opting out of promotions.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I understand as I'm one of the non-targeted people. I was just saying that opting out of promotion emails should not be the same thing as opting out of promotions.

Yes, totally agreed, very different, but they gave me that specific reason for not receiving "THE" email.
Made no sense, but lately not much makes sense with them on phone calls anyway.
I didn't get into it, but just said "fix it".

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Yes, totally agreed, very different, but they gave me that specific reason for not receiving "THE" email.
Made no sense, but lately not much makes sense with them on phone calls anyway.
I didn't get into it, but just said "fix it".

It is a total mess! No customer service. Properties not knowing what the benefits are or the membership levels. IT, well what can I say that hasn't already been said. Yet, according to executive management everything went well!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife qualified Platinum for 2019 and did not receive the special promotion in her account. I'm Lifetime Titanium Elite and was able to sign up for the promotion. Our goal this year and every year going forward is to get her to Titanium Elite status. We may miss out on a few points this year (50% vs. 75%) but believe she will get better treatment (promotions, etc.) from Marriott when she travels on her own. We enjoy Marriott and the timeshares!
My wife is Titanium Elite because of our MVC membership. She received the offer for the 2 night credit. I am Lifetime Titanium.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili building, Lawai Beach Resort
My wife is Titanium Elite because of our MVC membership. She received the offer for the 2 night credit. I am Lifetime Titanium.
Is the 2 night credit the same as suite upgrades???