• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

melclark1

Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
Photos of the villa would be great?
Do you know how to post them?
Not hard depending on their source.

Was there ever a colander or baking sheets? (I’ll let Robin know...).
Was the new ferry (non-Westin) running from Crown Bay Harbor running?
Any work on B33-34?
Carpet? Our floors were tile. Did they go back to carpet?

Sorry for the delay in replying! I didn’t take any photos of the villas...sorry!

Yes...we always had a colander and baking sheets. I always used the colander to drain pasta, wash produce, etc. It was a convenience, but it’s not necessary. The baking sheets were always nice if you have younger kids and want to make French fries, chicken fingers, etc. There was also only one spatula and no other cooking utensils including the grilling utensils. Again...not a big deal, but we were always used to having them. And this may vary from unit to unit. It may have been an oversight and we mentioned these things at checkout.

Speaking of check out, the process to check in and check out was incredibly slow! The computers were down at the airport when we arrived so we had to officially check in on St. John. It took us at least 20 minutes and we were first in line. Check out was a little better, but still very slow. I’m not sure if it’s because the computers are slow or they have new employees that are still learning. Luckily, we are very patient people. But the folks behind us waiting were getting annoyed. We also checked out a couple days early which I told them 3 times. My husband even called them the night before to confirm and they told us to put our bags out at 9:30. On the day of our check out they acted surprised we were checking out and did not have us scheduled on the ferry. Luckily, my husband flagged down one of the guys collecting luggage and they were able to add us and run up to grab our bags. Not sure where the communication failed on that.

The new ferry was not running and we didn’t see it at all. We took a ferry similar to the one that always ran from Crown Bay on the way over and on the way back we took the Island Time boat that I believe is used for tours. It is a smaller boat and I definitely was getting sea sick. Ocean was rough and they let a little kid steer which was not helping my situation...lol. Thankfully it was only 20 minutes!

My husband walked up to buildings 33-34 and said they were working on them, but not close to being done like building 32. He said there were still tractor trailers with materials and dumpsters. Building 32 was having furniture delivered the last couple days of our stay. The 3 bedroom units below us were also still under construction. A lot of activity, but still seemed like they had a lot of work to do.

Our floors were always tile in the entryway and kitchen with carpet everywhere else. We own a 2 bedroom townhouse unit in building 31. Friends of ours stayed in building 32 several years ago and their unit was all tile. So I guess they may all be different. It was nice to have new furniture, but being new it was stiff and uncomfortable. I’m sure that will change with more use. The pull out sofa mattress was rock hard and even my 14 year old who can sleep anywhere was uncomfortable and ended up sharing a bed with his older brother(which was fun to deal with...lol).

I also forgot to mention that the gym was not open during our stay...unless they moved it and my husband went to the wrong location(which I suppose is possible). Anyway, he said the equipment was still in boxes.

I hope this helps. Many of the things seem a little nit picky and considering their circumstances we didn’t complain. They are trying really hard to get back to normal so I hope everyone tries to be patient.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
The pull out sofa mattress was rock hard and even my 14 year old who can sleep anywhere was uncomfortable and ended up sharing a bed with his older brother(which was fun to deal with...lol).

Thanx for sharing this info. I have a guest that will be using the sofa. I had already mentioned bringing a blow up camping style mattress pad, and she is bringing it.

We also checked out a couple days early
We usually do this too, but I haven't gone to the desk the morning of departure.

There was also only one spatula and no other cooking utensils
I hope this gets fixed we usually eat in for breakfast and some dinners.

We own a 2 bedroom townhouse unit in building 31. Friends of ours stayed in building 32 several years ago and their unit was all tile. So I guess they may all be different.
We have a 2 BR TH in bldg 32. I thought we had carpet in the living room area:shrug:. I will have to check my pictures. We stayed in our unit the first year(2016), but not the 2nd year, and 2018 didn't happen, so it's been a while...:ponder:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for the update.
We have a 2Bd TH in B34.
There was carpet (on main floor) until the refurbish, then it was changed to tile.

June 2016
cf7ead55fa7bad13420c43eb0b9f0872.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ferndale

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in reading reports from anyone who has visited WSJ since it opened. We decided to cancel our WSJ exchange into WSJ and sail the BVIs for a week, followed by a stay at Ritz Carlton Residence Club in St Thomas. I hope to take the ferry over to St John and see WSJ. I have been on the fence about purchasing there. I have an owner who is interested in selling me a week 50 in a 3 BR pool villa at a fair price as well as giving me week 50 in 2019 wo reimbursement. But I am not sure if I will love it there since I will compare it to our stay at Caneel Bay a few years ago. Even though we stayed in a hotel room in Caneel Bay, it was ocean view and about 100 ft from the beach. That trip was one of the favorites of my life. I fell in love with St John but I think it was the location on St John and the 7 beaches that I fell in love with.
Travel time, we own a 3br pool villa and absolutely adore it!!! I highly recommend buildings 43 and 44, as I never thought I would use a hot tub on St. John, but since we spend so much time in the ocean and I end up chilled, we use the hot tub every day. Also having 3 1/2 bathrooms is so much nicer for guests upstairs to each have their own bathrooms. We own second week of June every year, so not sure about December.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Travel time, we own a 3br pool villa and absolutely adore it!!! I highly recommend buildings 43 and 44, as I never thought I would use a hot tub on St. John, but since we spend so much time in the ocean and I end up chilled, we use the hot tub every day. Also having 3 1/2 bathrooms is so much nicer for guests upstairs to each have their own bathrooms. We own second week of June every year, so not sure about December.

Thank you. What is different about B 43 and 44? I was wondering if anyone has been back to Westin St John since it re-opened earlier this month. Probably not, since it has not been very long yet.

ferndale

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. What is different about B 43 and 44? I was wondering if anyone has been back to Westin St John since it re-opened earlier this month. Probably not, since it has not been very long yet.

Travel time,
building 41, 42 have a totally different upstairs from 43,44. in 41,and 42, the upstairs has 1 bathroom and a non permanent, moveable dividing wall between the 2 upstairs bedrooms. I haven't seen these, just know the description. In 43, 44, the upstairs is 2 totally separate bedrooms each with an ensuite bathroom. Downstairs we have a half bath, and the master with an ensuite bathroom. Also in 43 and 44 there is the small private pool, and bbq grill that all 4 buildings have, but there is also a hot tub for those 2 buildings which 41, and 42 don't have. We don't go back till June, and I am hoping our actual condo is ready!!!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Caneel is not WSJ - never was, and... well...
(personally - I will take a kitchen, W/D, pool, but looks like it was a great Honeymoon place).

Definitely shoot for B43-44.

The HOA tried to convert to a fixed wall in B41-42 to be funded by SVO (now VSE), but needed 100% of owners agree - didn’t happen.

Hi Joy! We hope ours is ready as well.
Looking forward to June.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Just received this:

The Westin St. John Resort Villas reopened in January after undergoing restoration to repair damage caused by Hurricanes Irma and Maria in September 2017. While the resort is welcoming Owners and Guests, there will be ongoing construction through May 2019that may affect your upcoming stay.

As a follow-up to the e-mail you received in December, here are the most recent updates:
  • Villa Assignment: Some villas are unavailable for occupancy due to ongoing work. Owners who are entitled to a specific villa number may be placed in a different villa (and potentially a different phase than owned). Our Owner Services team is contacting affected Owners prior to arrival.
  • Swimming Pools: While the main pool and lower Iguana pool reopened in January, the upper Iguana pool will reopen when buildings 33 and 34 reopen for occupancy in May 2019. Please note that the Iguana pools are only available to the Guests and Virgin Grand Owners who are currently staying in the Virgin Grand Phase.
  • Tennis Courts: During the renovation, the tennis court area is being used as the container lot for the resort. Four tennis courts will reopen April 30, 2019. Additionally, two former tennis courts are being converted into a single multi-use court.
  • WestinWORKOUT™ Fitness Studio: The workout area is equipped with cardio and weights. We are still waiting for the final install of our new TRX program.
  • Spa Services: Massages can be scheduled for the beach gazebo, pool cabanas or in the privacy of your villa. We anticipate that massage rooms in the Spa will be available in February.
  • Sun Terrace: The former reception area is being converted to an open-air sun terrace with umbrellas, tables and chairs, and Wi-Fi. The terrace is anticipated to open by end of February. Until then, this area is not available to Guests.
  • Private Westin Ferry: We invite you to utilize the beautiful new private Westin Ferry and enjoy the exclusive services that come with it, including unlimited trips to and from St. Thomas for shopping and exploring, and air-conditioned transportation (with Wi-Fi) from the airport to the Red Hook ferry dock directly to the private Westin dock. Click here for ferry prices and times.
  • Dining: Snorkels Bar & Grill is open and currently the only restaurant on property offering daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mango Deli has reopened in its former location in the administrative building, offering breakfast items, light all-day takeaway food, and a variety of sundries. A new restaurant will open later in the year in the space formerly known as Lemongrass. If you prefer to prepare meals in your villa, the local markets are fully stocked. We anticipate launching a grocery pre-stock service for villa delivery out of Mango Deli by the end of February.
  • Transportation: Both taxi service and car rentals are available on St. John and at the resort. If you plan to rent a car, we recommend that you do it on St. John as the car barges running between St. Thomas and St. John are fewer and smaller than prior to the storm. Wait times may be more than two hours to board the car barge, especially during the peak periods of travel.
  • Additional Bedding: Please note the resort no longer offers rollaway bedding. Villas are equipped with a sleeper sofa that can be used for additional Guests.
To provide a smooth, quick and easy check-in experience for you, please fill out and submit our Diamond Lane pre-arrival form at least seven days prior to your arrival date.

If you or anyone in your party has a medical condition that may require attention during your upcoming vacation, we encourage you to consider an air ambulance plan. The island’s health services are not fully recovered. Please Contact Owner Services for the names of independent providers.

Thank you for your support as we continue to recover. We are enjoying seeing the resort come alive with Guests and know that you will enjoy your time back on the island.

Sincerely,
z6rJGEY6fM9a-NcmLHcNB9_X7uKOi5jliJPh0_44elIrDKQ9GNrkBqaWTexBfd8THPAzL-Lplvrv09D0vvvJ37K5WQa3L6gJ7UTdHrFj1FDhP51hsI0IbUEwY1lNLivR3y8GNcYB2us=s0-d-e1-ft

Sam Hugli
General Manager

ferndale

TUG Member
Reaction score
(personally - I will take a kitchen, W/D, pool, but looks like it was a great Honeymoon place).

The HOA tried to convert to a fixed wall in B41-42 to be funded by SVO (now VSE), but needed 100% of owners agree - didn’t happen.

Looking forward to June.

plane reservations made! See you in June!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

Looking forward to June.

What I loved about Caneel Bay was the 7 beaches and feeling like you are on the private island. The rooms were not that great. I knew that, even back then. If you were evaluating Caneel Bay on rooms, it would have been 3 star at most. The ambiance, beaches, dining and exclusivity made it 5 star. If Caneel Bay ever re-opens, it will be an instant hit and I am sure they will be charging $1000+ per night, even on the minimalist rooms.

sailor536

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're looking to book a 2 room unit in early March at St. John. Based upon the recent forum messages, it sounds like many of the restaurants, stores, tours and entertainment venues are open for business again, is that right?

Thanks,

Jim

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We're looking to book a 2 room unit in early March at St. John. Based upon the recent forum messages, it sounds like many of the restaurants, stores, tours and entertainment venues are open for business again, is that right?

Thanks,

Jim

Correct.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
FYI, someone posted on FB yesterday that there is a resort wide hairdryer shortage. Only reason it caught my attention is our friend that is traveling with us specifically asked me about a hairdryer at the resort, I told her that the units all have them. Oops. Plan B.

melclark1

Reaction score
FYI, someone posted on FB yesterday that there is a resort wide hairdryer shortage. Only reason it caught my attention is our friend that is traveling with us specifically asked me about a hairdryer at the resort, I told her that the units all have them. Oops. Plan B.

Hi Gina! We had hair dryers in both if our upstairs bathrooms. I didn’t check the bathroom on the first floor. I suppose that could vary from unit to unit OR maybe the units that are just starting to re-open are missing them. Either way I think I would be prepared if it’s a necessity and people are saying there is a shortage.

hanksdl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks,

Jim
Are you looking to rent a 2BR unit in July or do you own?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Received the notification about the VGV association annual meeting. The meeting is happening during our upcoming vacation. Would you attend the meeting if given the chance? (We don't have any set plans for that morning.) If you have attended, how long did the meeting last?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Has anyone used Verizon successfully since the storms? The Verizon Map shows coverage for StJ and StT, I have a AT&T go-phone I can activate if I need to, but would rather not.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for the reminder.
VOTE by 6pm est March 3rd!!!

Abbreviated version:
Vote Larry and Phil.
IMO

Just received the annual proxy request. Any thoughts on who we should vote for. Thanks!

I finally got the mailing. I thought these had also been sent via email.
If only by mail - this benefits VSE as turnout could be lower.

As to voting...
Philip Schrag has been our Owner HOA Rep since SVO (now VSE) allowed Owner-Reps to be elected onto the HOA by not using their rightful vote (that effectively allows ultimate control).

The original WSJ thread (we are now on #3) discusses (and documents) what was happening at the time that allowed 2 Owner-Reps to be elected to the VGV-HOA BOD (Phil and Bob).
Still unique after all these years!!!
And, the WSJ thread was main driver to get Bob and Phil on the BOD - as well as fight the ‘Owner’ lawsuit.
Interesting read... ;)

For those reading this Thread - VOTE!
by March 3rd

I am voting for Larry Pelletier (new Owner Rep who took over for Bob) to control our votes.

Checking...
VOTE
GENERAL AND LIMITED POWERS

Re-Electing Philip Schrag

I strongly urge others to vote this way as well. Owners are at a major disadvantage when it comes to voting power - this is our only voice.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Here are the profiles of the VGV HOA Candidates:
(Note: looks like only Phil wrote his own profile. Or, at least wrote in the first person)

Joseph “Joe” Giorgio
Joseph “Joe” Giorgio takes a goal and makes it a reality through practical strategy development andimplementation. He is a natural leader unafraid to be hands-on, delegate or deflect accolades to the most deserving. He is hard-working and a talented team member while at the same time grounded in business operations, human resources and finance. He utilizes resourceful thinking which is a product of his own background and experience. Sincere and straightforward his drive is focused on continuous professional and technical development aspiring to be recognized as knowledgeable and informed as a member of the Board.

Previously, as Global Vice President of Human Resources, Joe led the Medical Supply sector design and implement innovative programs which resulted in consistent performance improvement and employee engagement. After retiring in 2016, Joe transitioned to an operations role for Year Up, a nationally recognized non-profit organization. For his efforts Joe was awarded a Certificate of Special Recognition from Rhode Island Governor Gina M. Raimondo in 2017.

Currently, Joe is President of Concert Human Resource Advisors. A small consulting business that he started in 2016. In addition, he serves on the Board of the Federal Hill House in Providence and recently elected Chairperson of the Governance Committee. He played a key role in the recruitment and selection of seven new Board members. Joe earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Connecticut and his MBA from the University of Rhode Island.

Joe and his wife Lynn are St. John Vistana Villa owners for almost 10 years. Joe is passionate about the Vistana Signature experience to deliver personalized travel experiences that are exciting, unique and memorable. His goal as a member of the Board Proxy is the continuous operation one of the most financially successful resorts in the most sought-after vacation destinations in the world. “I want to ensure that our owners and resort visitors areprovided with a world class experience.”

Philip Schrag
I am a professor of law at Georgetown University, and I own four unit-weeks in Virgin Grand, two on the hillside and two in pool villas. I have served since 2010 as an owner-elected representative on the Virgin Grand Board. Along with Bob Werbel, who was an owner-elected representative from 2010 until this year, I sent more than 30 reports to owners and responded to hundreds of e-mails from owners, obtaining answers from management when I was unable to answer a question. I have a good working relationship with General Manager Sam Hugli and with other members of the Vistana senior staff who work with the property, as well as with the management-appointed members of the Virgin Grand Board. I bring a consumer advocacy perspective to the Association (in fact, I was the first official Consumer Advocate of the City of New York). I successfully advocated for numerous improvements in the resort and how it relates to owners. In particular, Bob and I were responsible for suggesting the hurricane insurance deductible reserve fund (which saved us from a special assessment after Hurricane Irma), the freecycle shed, the water fountains and shade sails at the hillside pools, tiling in the living rooms of the pool villas, and more than a dozen small improvements ranging from additional towel hooks in the one-bedroom bathrooms to sturdier garbage bags and kitchen tools. With management's help, we also were able to reduce the maintenance fee for six years in a row, and only this year will the fee finally go up a bit. I want to provide continuity as changes come at us from four directions. First, there will inevitably be some glitches as we move into units that are all being rebuilt following the hurricane. I want to make sure that the contents of the units and the quality of the common areas are as good as or better than what we have come to expect. Second, there are huge changes in the management structure, with Starwood spinning off SVO as Vistana, ILG taking over Vistana, and Marriott taking over ILG. There will be some changes, for better or worse, in how these new entities deal with owners. I want to advocate against reductions in the services to which we are accustomed.

Third, Larry Pelletier is my new owner-elected co-director, replacing Bob Werbel, and I want to serve for a term with Larry to help him to understand the budget process and how we work with and respond to owners. Finally, we need to devise new mechanisms for working with the 3 other boards on the property.

William Singer
Bill Singer is a principal of Kenwood Management Company, a Washington DC- Baltimore metro area commercial real estate owner/manager. Since joining Kenwood in May 2002, Bill has been actively involved in acquisitions, debt placement, equity raising, construction, asset management and property management. Currently, Bill oversees a commercial real estate portfolio valued in excess of $100M with annual operating budgets totaling over $12M in revenues and $4M in expenses.

In addition, Bill currently sits on two Real Estate Association Boards – one involving over 50 other property sites/owners (White Marsh Business Community Owners Association) – and the other is a mixed use urban commercial project which consists of hotel, office and retail spaces (B&O Condominium Council).

During his career, Bill has developed construction specifications, negotiated contracts, supervised contractors and successfully completed various building replacement/improvement projects well in excess of $50 M including roof replacements, fire alarm systems upgrades, HVAC replacements, energy studies, garage deck rehabilitations, lighting retrofits, parking lot resurfacing, and tenant improvements.

He has been actively involved in the real estate industry since 1985. Prior to joining Kenwood, Bill worked for such notable firms as The Archon Group (subsidiary of Goldman Sachs), Spaulding & Slye, PREMISYS Real Estate Services (subsidiary of The Prudential Insurance Company of America), and The Oliver Carr Company.

Over his career, Bill has attained numerous licenses and designations including a Certified Property Manager(CPM ), a District of Columbia Property Manager’s License, and a Maryland and District of Columbia RealEstate Broker’s License. Additionally, he served on the District of Columbia Real Estate Commission, PropertyManagement Committee.

Bill holds a Masters in Real Estate degree from The Johns Hopkins University and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree from Union College (NY).

Bill, his wife Karen, and their family have been traveling to St. John since 2011 and love their unit at the Westin/Virgin Grand Villas.

Thanks for the reminder.
VOTE by 6pm est March 3rd!!!

Abbreviated version:
Vote Larry and Phil.
IMO

I finally got the mailing. I thought these had also been sent via email.
If only by mail - this benefits VSE as turnout could be lower.

As to voting...
Philip Schrag has been our Owner HOA Rep since SVO (now VSE) allowed Owner-Reps to be elected onto the HOA by not using their rightful vote (that effectively allows ultimate control).

The original WSJ thread (we are now on #3) discusses (and documents) what was happening at the time that allowed 2 Owner-Reps to be elected to the VGV-HOA BOD (Phil and Bob).
Still unique after all these years!!!
And, the WSJ thread was main driver to get Bob and Phil on the BOD - as well as fight the ‘Owner’ lawsuit.
Interesting read... ;)

For those reading this Thread - VOTE!
by March 3rd

I am voting for Larry Pelletier (new Owner Rep who took over for Bob) to control our votes.

Checking:
VOTE
GENERAL AND LIMITED POWERS

Re-Electing Philip Schrag

I strongly urge others to vote this way as well. Owners are at a major disadvantage when it comes to voting power - this is our only voice.

Last edited:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Do we have any new updates on the $25/night USVI fee?? Is there ever a chance of a repeal or modification??

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Do we have any new updates on the $25/night USVI fee?? Is there ever a chance of a repeal or modification??

$25/nite is still being charged.

Is there a chance of repeal/modification?
IMO - Yes, because at it’s core - it is unfair.
An ‘environmental’ fee that unfairly punishes lower occupancy units over higher occupancy units.

Reactions: Tia

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
$25/nite is still being charged.

Is there a chance of repeal/modification?
IMO - Yes, because at it’s core - it is unfair.
An ‘environmental’ fee that unfairly punishes lower occupancy units over higher occupancy units.

Are you aware of anything going through the system now that leads to a repeal/modification or are we will at the “hope it changes in the future” stage?? Who could bring about said change?? When we were at STT recently, we ate out less and patronized local business less and cooked in more at our resort and laid on the beach and relaxed more. That meant less business for local businesses still recovering. It’s very unfair and will do nothing but hurt the local economy.

Last edited: