• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Microsoft Will Stop Supporting Windows 7 One Year From Today (Jan. 14, 2020)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The best update I every made was replacing the boot drive with an SSD. I'd never buy a new computer without one, desktop or laptop.

I did all mine a few years ago, SSD are crazy cheap now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a simple man so let me say it another way. I think it is outrageous that Microsoft abandon the 40.3% of Windows users (Aug 2018 numbers) who are using Windows7. But I guess I shouldn't really care as I switched to a ChromeBook about 6 months ago...

George
They are not abandoned, there is a free upgrade to windows 10 available. Also Windows 8.1 still has years of support left.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I did all mine a few years ago, SSD are crazy cheap now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How true. I paid $55 for a 500GB Crucial SSD. Will never have a desktop or laptop again without one.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Because I really don’t use them often and really don’t care, I upgraded our laptop and two desktops to Windows 10. But, just last week I finally upgraded one of my desktops to a refurbished HP i7. Dropped an SSD into it and cannot believe how fast the thing is. May start using it more often now.

So these are the same SSD cards we used 10 years ago in our digital cameras which were about 1 gig Right?

And you can change your startup setting to boot from one of these?

TIA

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
So these are the same SSD cards we used 10 years ago in our digital cameras which were about 1 gig Right?

And you can change your startup setting to boot from one of these?

TIA
The cards for cameras are SD cards (Secure Digital). SSD (solid-state drive) is a disk drive replacement. I can come in the same size enclosure as a small SATA drive, or as a M.2 PCI Express SSD, which is about the size of a stick of gum and plugs into a slot on one of the newer motherboards. SSD's are much faster and much larger capacity than most SD cards.

SSD-S.jpg
$

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
thanks

I didn't realize that the image on the left was 2.5 x 4 inches in size I first thought it was maybe 1 x 1.5 (or the size of a big SD card) which was why I thought they were like a SD card

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
thanks

I didn't realize that the image on the left was 2.5 x 4 inches in size I first thought it was maybe 1 x 1.5 (or the size of a big SD card) which was why I thought they were like a SD card
The only reason it's as big as it is, is so it will fit in existing mounting brackets of old computers. They even have adapters so it will fit in the space for a large hard disk drive.