• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We WON the beach this year!

mindy35

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c42.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c3e.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5c3f.jpg

Just got back from our fabulous week at WKORV-N.

We love traveling and exploring the world but there is definitely something to be said for being familiar with a location, ready to relax the moment you arrive. I hear us saying "hit the ground running" and "we got this down!" to our guests the moment the plane touches ground.

We are beach, rather than pool, lovers but MUST have shade from the sun. Like most of you and from the beginning, we have perfected our "packing list" routine. This has always included chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling equipment, etc. Our "Vacation in a Box" supply has it's own special space in our garage. Each year, we see more and more people doing the same.

This year, we found a GAME CHANGER! We WON the beach with our new set up and thought we just had to share!!!!

People were so impressed that they were walking by all day asking us where we got them and taking pictures.

Each comes in a small, VERY lightweight bag (approx 4 lbs each and we fit both tents in a small duffel), easy to set up (10 mins going up/5 to break down) and with appropriate amount of securing in the sand, they were able to withstand the trade winds even on the windiest day! They come in multiple sizes/colors and really great for families with small kids that need covering from the sun.

View attachment 10333

View attachment 10334

View attachment 10335

51vhzChIhJL._SL1000_.jpg

Next year, we should come with a couple of cases of them and set up a booth at the "crafts fair"......we would make a killing! Easily get-able on Amazon though:

https://www.amazon.com/Neso-Anchor-Portable-Canopy-Sunshade/dp/B015LUM5C4/ref=sr_1_7?crid=25VR7YAHEBBXA&keywords=beach+tents+sun+shelter&qid=1549834833&s=gateway&sprefix=beach+tents,aps,203&sr=8-7&th=1

I also recommend these screw anchors for extra security in the wind:

https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Screw...FEGK038T20Z&psc=1&refRID=X2VJAVFTBFEGK038T20Z

ENJOY!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
The same happens to us with our Sunsail cabana. The nicest thing about our shades is that you can set them up anywhere. They make for a comfortable day at the beach don’t they.

9557206B-C88F-4391-94AC-3B8812900A0F.jpeg

A285F387-2FD0-43A5-B5B4-E9868D0E5FFB.jpeg

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
COOL! I'm surprised I have not seen tents like that here on our beach yet. I'm looking into this!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
How much suitcase room does it take up.We always pack 2 sets of snorkel gear and a blow up beach lounger.

mindy35

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much suitcase room does it take up.We always pack 2 sets of snorkel gear and a blow up beach lounger.
we were able to fit 3 chairs + 2 tents + 1 snorkel set plus filler in a small duffel. If you look at the video on amazon, they show how small the tent bag is in relation to a girls' back.

triangulum33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2005 WKORN
Those look great.
The afternoon sun is brutal and we are always trying to find was for shade.

mindy35

TUG Member
Reaction score
What kind of chairs?

https://www.rei.com/product/765270/rei-co-op-camp-stowaway-low-chair

more comfortable, lighter weight, and easier to transport than the costco Tommy Bahama chairs we used to bring. 5.6 lbs. each. Various colors go on sale often at REI and they also have even smaller/lighter foldable chairs available online.

I prob would consider a medium size duffel with the 3rd chair but we had 2 chairs + tents + etc. in our small bag this year with some space to spare. The beach tent only contains of nylon bag, nylon/lycra sheet with strings and 2 aluminum 4 part poles so they are lightweight too. Both options of duffels would be appropriate weight for 1 check-able bag.

triangulum33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2005 WKORN
The thing Tommy chairs have is a recliner and beverage holder, though...

The shade looks fantastic.
Adria and I have 2 kids, do you think the regular Neso or the Grande is an appropriate size?

Last edited:

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
We are at the north property now. The beach is almost gone due to the storm. The pool team in the shack said it will be quite awhile before it comes back. They have also closed of the access in front of the north, though you can get to some beach at the south.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I might just need to try this out. Daughter lives in Hawaii so we are doing a lot of our vacation there. This year we are planning on 6 weeks. A lot of the timeshares provide chairs, but getting an umbrella is a different story. This looks like it would be easier than an umbrella. Then I can leave it with my daughter till the next visit.

triangulum33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2005 WKORN
We ended up buying this brand.
https://www.otentik-sa.com/

Some folks have said they are better quality (I know its subjective) over Neso. I liked how the corner ropes were tied like the gathered end of a hammock instead of with an eyelet that has reportedly torn for some people on the Neso.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice pics! I am a bit shocked at the extent of the beach erosion in front of WKORV. Very different from when we were there in 2011 and 2013 and not for the better.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Nice pics! I am a bit shocked at the extent of the beach erosion in front of WKORV. Very different from when we were there in 2011 and 2013 and not for the better.

Can you please post some pics?

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Love this beach tent; thanks for sharing. I ordered it right away, so we could bring to Cayman. We used it on Governor’s beach today.
C5CD7A9F-D94C-4DCE-A577-8A1C4C83FA95.jpeg

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Looking South from the Sheraton at Black Rock

Looking north toward WKORV

Kaanapali Beach at sunset near WKORV

Thanks. I was worried that it looked worse than March of last year but looks about the same. Worried about the statement that beach access at WKORVN is blocked. It was not that way last year.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Great suggestions and pix. Thank you all. I'm going to try to persuade DH we should get a tent.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We ended up buying this brand.
https://www.otentik-sa.com/

Some folks have said they are better quality (I know its subjective) over Neso. I liked how the corner ropes were tied like the gathered end of a hammock instead of with an eyelet that has reportedly torn for some people on the Neso.

Thanks for sharing. I looked at it online. What are the dimensions when it is inside the carry bag? I am wondering if it will fit inside a suitcase for ease of air travel.

Thanks.

Mike

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
4903CCEB-CB79-4DC8-8D88-0B93C9006AF6.jpeg
In front of the north property. Currently blocked off. 5:00 pm yesterday.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Neat sun canopies!

When I'm feeling lazy I just bring my Kelsyus chair with a built in sun shade and hang towels off the top as needed for shade. But for an entire day in the beach those canopies are the way to go!

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone ever had something like these canopies shipped directly to the hotel? Amazon?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Has anyone ever had something like these canopies shipped directly to the hotel? Amazon?

Not canopies but twice I've had Amazon packages delivered to WKORVN to the attention of My Name (Guest). Haven't had any problems.