• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Historic" storm hits Hawaii

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I wonder if this storm has undone some of the road/bridge repair on northern Kauai?

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t that bad or as bad as they predicted. A lot of trees blew over and some roads on the north shore got damaged, but I didn’t hear about anything being closed.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this storm has undone some of the road/bridge repair on northern Kauai?

The report I received from a resident of the area said no, as there was minimal rain.
The Hanalei Bridge did not close.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t that bad or as bad as they predicted. A lot of trees blew over and some roads on the north shore got damaged, but I didn’t hear about anything being closed.
There were reports on Sunday on some minor road closures in low lying areas, not due to the rain but the high surf and wind pressure.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
It snowed on Haleakala and it was closed as of Monday night. I read that at least six boats were damaged in Lahaina near Aloha Mixed Plate and the Old Chart House. Maui definitely got some strong winds and rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flash Flood Warning for the Island of Maui extended to 6:00 am HST Friday 02/15

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
We saw two beached boats while we were driving along Front Street. That was from the beginning of Front Street at the old Chart House to Aloha Mixed Plate. Big boats, too. Just sitting there in the sand.

DianeG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Significant coral damage reported by a diver friend, esp. along the Kona Coast.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We saw two beached boats while we were driving along Front Street. That was from the beginning of Front Street at the old Chart House to Aloha Mixed Plate. Big boats, too. Just sitting there in the sand.

I will add that when I went to Aloha Mixed Plate for lunch, I was told that four boats were beached along that area of Front Street. Two of them were right in front of the restaurant.

Also, the sandy beach in front of WKORV, WKORVN and Nanea has moved to the Marriott. There were a lot of exposed rocks and huge pieces of beautiful, broken off coral were in the surf. Just walking at the edge of the water without booties, we got hit hard by large pieces of coral and cut instantly. Plus, it was hard to walk on the rocks. We didn't even go into the water at the resort, which is very rare. Usually we spend the whole week in the ocean. We ended up taking the shuttle to Black Rock and snorkeled there.

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to the Hyatt Residences next week. How is the beach up there? Was there any storm damage up there? We have never stayed there but we are using an Explorer pkg. I wonder how it will compare to our home resort of WKORVN.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The beach at the Hyatt looked fine. Less sand than at the Marriott, but nice. I had never seen so much sand at the Marriott. The people I spoke with at WKORV said that the beach had only just changed from that recent "historic" storm, right before our arrival. First time since we've owned at WKORV that we were unable to snorkel there. Due to the storm, the visibility was poor and entry/exit was choppy. Then another storm came while we were there. Hopefully, the beach will be back next year.

Kikster1961

Reaction score
I will add that when I went to Aloha Mixed Plate for lunch, I was told that four boats were beached along that area of Front Street. Two of them were right in front of the restaurant.

Also, the sandy beach in front of WKORV, WKORVN and Nanea has moved to the Marriott. There were a lot of exposed rocks and huge pieces of beautiful, broken off coral were in the surf. Just walking at the edge of the water without booties, we got hit hard by large pieces of coral and cut instantly. Plus, it was hard to walk on the rocks. We didn't even go into the water at the resort, which is very rare. Usually we spend the whole week in the ocean. We ended up taking the shuttle to Black Rock and snorkeled there.[does

Kikster1961

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the beach is still gone at Nanea? Heading there in about a week and wondering if our beach vacation will be impacted.
Thanks!