• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking Florida Gulf and Plantation Beach Club online is here!!!!!

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
you can now book Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort and Florida Gulf online...Availability is very slim as you can see

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Yea!
I noticed that, for some resorts, they list each unit individually.
We must pick the unit up front w-no "Can I get a better view?"
The cynic in me says that's so locals can avoid selection-work.

Now, if they only had availability for Sanibel-Captiva.

Last edited:

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave up a May week at Casa Ybel that includes Memorial Day weekend just a few days ago, and it looks like it's gone already. About the only availability is for 2 day segments, which can't be booked because of the 3 day minimum. Guess they will have to be booked as open season. Since those resort have fixed weeks and are given up in 7 day segments, I imagine a lot of orphaned days are created.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
you can now book Plantation Beach Club at Indian River Plantation Resort and Florida Gulf online...Availability is very slim as you can see
Thank you for the heads up. I got one at Regency at Marco Island beachfront 6 days. :banana: Never been there and heard the beachfront building is the way to go. Have to read how to walk the reservation because another day was available but not until tomorrow.

Grabbed it, if I waited doubt it would be there tomorrow, as the word gets out less and less will be available. Now if I match with II for a Key West week might give it back, I think, not sure.o_O

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We are staying a few nights at the Marco Island Hilton later this month. I've never been to Marco Island and will sniff around some of the properties.

Charter Club is just a quarter mile away and off season resales are pretty cheap.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are staying a few nights at the Marco Island Hilton later this month. I've never been to Marco Island and will sniff around some of the properties.

Charter Club is just a quarter mile away and off season resales are pretty cheap.
Curious what you will think about Charter Club versus Surf, Regency and Eagles Nest. Let us know.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Curious what you will think about Charter Club versus Surf, Regency and Eagles Nest. Let us know.

One thing that stands out already is the free usage of the beach equipment. I would never get off the paddle board.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It is enlightening to visually see how little availability there is, but I suspect that since owners who are not planning on using their week that are also enrolled in HGVC have no incentive to turn their week in for points until 30 days out, the best availability will be in the 60-30 days out range.

But I am seeing an anomaly -- Both Club Regency and Eagle's Nest have availability in just about all room types for the 3rd week of August. Is that week somehow not available to owners? Just seems weird.

Kurt

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I'm sure there are still some bugs to work out. If you scroll forward with Charter Club, the column gets longer and longer and longer and there are only two view types.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are still some bugs to work out. If you scroll forward with Charter Club, the column gets longer and longer and longer and there are only two view types.

But if you clink on the view resort link, it takes to the next page where I was able to see all 19 room types. Some times you only see the room types which are available during the month which was selected. I see 19 room types in December, but only 4 room types in April.....

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
So does anyone know what all those room types mean?

If you click on the little, faint "i" next to the room code, you'll get a description that is almost helpful.
Example: For Club Regency, BD is standard, BH is beach-front, and PL is pool-view.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you click on the little, faint "i" next to the room code, you'll get a description that is almost helpful.
Example: For Club Regency, BD is standard, BH is beach-front, and PL is pool-view.

But many of them are exactly the same - except -12, -13, -14 and so on (Eagles Nest is a good example)

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So does anyone know what all those room types mean?
But many of them are exactly the same - except -12, -13, -14 and so on (Eagles Nest is a good example)
I called hgvc and was trying to figure out the codes for Surf Club at Marco. They couldn’t provide more info but did give me room numbers where there were a few weeks available for a week. My first thoughts were the codes were based on room numbers but it looks more like slots where the units can be placed. Will keep trying to figure it out. If I do will post.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called hgvc and was trying to figure out the codes for Surf Club at Marco. They couldn’t provide more info but did give me room numbers where there were a few weeks available for a week. My first thoughts were the codes were based on room numbers but it looks more like slots where the units can be placed. Will keep trying to figure it out. If I do will post.

Thanks for both threads!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Wow!
It’s about time.
Now to get my charter club ressies for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up. I got one at Regency at Marco Island beachfront 6 days. :banana: Never been there and heard the beachfront building is the way to go. Have to read how to walk the reservation because another day was available but not until tomorrow.

Grabbed it, if I waited doubt it would be there tomorrow, as the word gets out less and less will be available. Now if I match with II for a Key West week might give it back, I think, not sure.o_O
Definitely want the beachfront building at club regency.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Definitely want the beachfront building at club regency.
It is a beachfront unit but second guessing whether I should keep it.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

I was in the beachfront building but had no view. The foliage blocks the view on the first floor units.

There are stairs to these units if that’s a concern. No elevators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh keep it, fantastic lanai overlooking the gulf, covered lanai with padded loungers table and chairs. We had the non gulf front and would not do that again. There are a lot of stairs. The first floor is above the garage, and the second floor is above that. Climbing those cement stairs to top floor did my knee in last year. Within a few days, I was limping badly, had to have my replacement pushed up.