• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

16 Marriott Resorts are in the top 25 rental resorts

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to see 3 out of 4 resorts I own on the list! I am not willing to rent mine though, I want to use them myself. Maybe when I'm old and unable to travel which is MANY yrs from now then I rent them. ;)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Glad to see 3 out of 4 resorts I own on the list! I am not willing to rent mine though, I want to use them myself. Maybe when I'm old and unable to travel which is MANY yrs from now then I rent them. ;)

Yep, that's nice....
I've got 3 on the list. The great thing is that when you do rent one, it brings 2-2.5x the maintenance fee,
so that pays for two mfs and some cash left over.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's nice....
I've got 3 on the list. The great thing is that when you do rent one, it brings 2-2.5x the maintenance fee,
so that pays for two mfs and some cash left over.
I have never gotten two to three times my maintenance fees on my Marriott Rentals. Which resorts rent for that much? The Hawaiian timeshares? The SC timeshares in season??The Park City Timeshares in season?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never gotten two to three times my maintenance fees on my Marriott Rentals. Which resorts rent for that much? The Hawaiian timeshares? The SC timeshares in season??The Park City Timeshares in season?
For me its the Maui and Myrtle Beach units and from a previous ownership Aruba. I know Grande Ocean does and I own there but own gold OF that does not get 2x+ but does get me a solid uplift over MFs. I've heard Mountainside does. There are probably many others that on a given special week get that amount like something over Xmas or NYE.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you add in the Vistana resorts, now owned by Marriott, you have 9 of the top 10 and a total of 19 of the top 25 are Marriott.

You’re right about the Former Starwood Resirts but can we actually reserve them with Destination Club points?

Will we be able to reserve them using an exchange and with II priority.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

Grande Ocean summer weeks, all day long.

I have 6 of them, and this year I'm renting three (and using three). We usually don't rent out that many.
Already rented two, both within two days of listing 8 days ago, one still listed and turned down 2 offers on that.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
Aruba Platinum is known for renting for double the MF, sometimes 2.5 like the person above said. That's why they sell for so much though, you don't find those on Ebay for $1 or $500..so it takes much longer to recoup your 'investment' (if that's what you are buying them for).
I got my Grand Vista gold 3 BR for $2k and MF went up to $1850 this year. But I used my FL Club and got a 3bd OF unit at Ocean Point and rented it for a $400 profit within 1 month of listing. Not bad, if i did it for 5 years, i'd have recoup'd my entire investment. (though I bought it so I could break it up and get multiple trips later in life as my child gets older)

but if you get an OF Aruba Gold, you can still get a nice little profit every year and not have to lay out $10k+. Just make sure you live near an airport that offers non-stop flights frequently if you plan to use it. Otherwise, there are better options that don't involve super high plane costs and layovers.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The best ROI comes from MOW Plat OF, next I'd say probably MOC OV and then Newport Coast. Aruba Surf OV might be a top one as well. These are units that you can get for $14k or less and their rental profit is amongst the highest. There are others that may secure a higher rent or even profit but the cost to purchase is twice as high.

I bought a MOW OF plat for $10k and others at $13k and they rent for $1700-$1900 profit. Same numbers for MOC OV purchased at $13k. NCV you can buy for $8k and rent at $1k profit.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The best ROI comes from MOW Plat OF, next I'd say probably MOC OV and then Newport Coast. Aruba Surf OV might be a top one as well. These are units that you can get for $14k or less and their rental profit is amongst the highest. There are others that may secure a higher rent or even profit but the cost to purchase is twice as high.

I bought a MOW OF plat for $10k and others at $13k and they rent for $1700-$1900 profit. Same numbers for MOC OV purchased at $13k. NCV you can buy for $8k and rent at $1k profit.

I'm assuming those acroynms refer to Marriott Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach and Maui Ocean Club in Hawaii?

I guess I shouldn't have passed on those Newportt Plats for $5k-$6k on ebay a year or so ago :-(

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
MMOC Lahaina Villas, 3-BR, ocean front, high floor, winter and summer: $5000-$5500 profit per unit.
Not getting as good an ROI as others are getting, but I really enjoy the view when I stay there.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas, 3-BR, ocean front, high floor, winter and summer: $5000-$5500 profit per unit.
Not getting as good an ROI as others are getting, but I really enjoy the view when I stay there.

$5k over MF is not good profit? Sounds amazing to me..unless it cost you like $50k+ out of pocket? Still would be a 10% return, better than the multi-families I'm selling down here in S Fla :)

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
$5k over MF is not good profit? Sounds amazing to me..unless it cost you like $50k+ out of pocket? Still would be a 10% return, better than the multi-families I'm selling down here in S Fla :)

Most likely cost well over $50k.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Most likely cost well over $50k.

Several 3 Bed Ocean Front Lahaina Summer weeks/platinum for under $50k on Redweek. August and some others. MF are just over $3k/year so I'm assuming he's getting over $8k a week? ($1100+/night).
I see 2 bed villas renting on marriott. com for $720/night+ in August, no 3beds available. Then you have to pay tax on the 7 nights which would be a lot.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Winter 3BR OF Lahaina/Napili weeks are generally $55K+, assume you can find one. Most in the asking $65-75K range, but so rare the prices are all over depending on floor, week, broker or owner sale, etc.
Redweek and Vacation Candy reflect $6K-$10K/week rents for the 3BR.

Summer weeks have historically sold for less, but still aren't common. Definitely seeing some late summer, spring/fall weeks at a 'good' price, if you are shopping in that price range.

Generally speaking, if you don't use them, they will probably net a 6-8% return....or rent the studio for $3K to cover MF and enjoy the week. ;-)

Last edited:

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
Winter 3BR OF Lahaina/Napili weeks are generally $55K+, assume you can find one. Most in the $65-75K range, but so rare the prices are all over depending on floor, week, broker or owner sale, etc.
Redweek and Vacation Candy reflect $6K-$10K/week rents for the 3BR.

Summer weeks have historically sold for less, but still aren't common. Definitely seeing some late summer, spring/fall weeks at a 'good' price, if you are shopping in that price range.

Generally speaking, if you don't use them, they will probably net a 6-8% return....or rent the studio for $3K to cover MF and enjoy the week. ;-)
You are right on. You know your stuff.

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
Revenue and Taxes (Owners and Hotels/Resorts):
There is rent collected by an owner, or hotel charges collected by a hotel, plus occupancy tax (TSO Tax or VOCC Tax-Marriott) collected by the resort from the occupier of the room and submitted to the State; Transient Accommodation Tax of 10.25% (TAT) and General Excise Tax of 4.167% (GET), is collected and submitted to the State by the owner for rentals, or by the hotel/resort for hotel/resort stays.