• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV - current incentive for “owner update”

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
current incentive for “owner update” is:

1) 15,000 points (but was offered special 20,000 pets)
2) $100 resort credit
3) sunset sail for 2 on Teralani
4) Photo package credit at Blink Photography
5) $100 spa credit + additional day pass
6) Mauna makai dining experience for two
7) $100 credit towards golf
8) 2 for 1 helicopter adventure

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC

2) $100 resort credit

20,000 pets, wow! Ha ha ha :whooopie:.

Which option did you get? We will be there this month and wondering if we should schedule the update or not.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

2) $100 resort credit

We'll be there in March/April. That 15,000 points offer is not going to do it. That's the equivalent of 5,000 SPG Starpoints. My last two Vistana offers were 15,000 Starpoints in March 2018, and 12,000 Starpoints in July 2018.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
20,000 pets, wow! Ha ha ha :whooopie:.

Which option did you get? We will be there this month and wondering if we should schedule the update or not.
We are not going. We shall see what the Marriott incentive is tomorrow

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
My last three experiences at MVCI and Westin:

July 2018 @ Manor Club (Williamsburg), $150 Amex card or 15,000 MRP. It was a "meh" weather day so we went. Out of there in about an hour.

August 2018: Westin Cancun, 6,500 SPG points (pre-conversion so basically 20K points) plus 25% off all resort purchases, which would up being about $100 as we ate there a few times. We really wanted to hear the perspective of Vistana re: the merger...they really didn't have any clue but were really honest about it. This was probably the best timeshare presentation experience we've had.

December 2018 @ Grande Vista (Orlando), $250 Amex card. Definitely bit at this one, out in 75 minutes.

Going forward, less than $200 worth of value isn't worth my time unless the weather is terrible.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
That 15,000 points offer is not going to do it. That's the equivalent of 5,000 SPG Starpoints. My last two Vistana offers were 15,000 Starpoints in March 2018, and 12,000 Starpoints in July 2018.

+1

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Took the 20,000 points and did an owner's update at Nanea last week. Nothing much to report - we said up front we were only interested in information about the combined programs, and had no intention of buying. They still pitched the "flex" program, but gave up pretty easily after we said "no". After that, we had the gentleman who comes in to "survey" us to see how we were treated during the update process, and to see if he could interest us in buying a package to come back to Nanea. Two packages - one was $1,495 and came with 100K points and was for 6 days/7 nights, the other was $995 and came with 50K points and was for 4 days/5 nights. Told him that we were not interested, and at the 3:1 devalued rate for points, the 100K was not really worth that much. He somewhat condescendingly said that "those days are behind us now and we would all be better off letting go". So we did - we left!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Took the 20,000 points and did an owner's update at Nanea last week. Nothing much to report - we said up front we were only interested in information about the combined programs, and had no intention of buying. They still pitched the "flex" program, but gave up pretty easily after we said "no". After that, we had the gentleman who comes in to "survey" us to see how we were treated during the update process, and to see if he could interest us in buying a package to come back to Nanea. Two packages - one was $1,495 and came with 100K points and was for 6 days/7 nights, the other was $995 and came with 50K points and was for 4 days/5 nights. Told him that we were not interested, and at the 3:1 devalued rate for points, the 100K was not really worth that much. He somewhat condescendingly said that "those days are behind us now and we would all be better off letting go". So we did - we left!

Question for clarification. You say they pitched the "flex" program. Are you saying they pitched Nanea or the Westin Flex program? I was under the impression they still weren't licensed to pitch the Westin Flex program in Hawaii.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I'd do it for the resort credit. We spend that much on meals. Some places maybe not, but here we do.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Just left Lagunamar. Offering $100 hotel credit but will go to $125 if you say no first.

Same for the Westin hotel conversion.

At Westin hotel/timeshare your concierge has a new offer. Stay at any Mexico Adventuras resort for 4 days/5 nights plus 15000 Marriott points for $399. You must attend a 90 minute presentation. Small down payment with balance due at time reservation is made. I think it was good for 12 months but might have been 18 months. I thought it was a reasonable offer. Owners are included for the offer I was told. They start selling 2/21/19.

I didn’t ask if Laguna Mar will have it too.

Last edited:

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score

2) $100 resort credit

I'd consider living through that somehow. Just remember the 15,000 points is really only 1/3 of what it was only months ago. The 2-for-1 helicopter ride is absolutely worth it!!! A must do!

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is nothing new with Vistana, same old stuff, just trying to get you to buy points now.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
We sat through the owner update for $100 resort credit yesterday, but I doubt we will do it again in future years. I really wanted to hear the pitch on Flex, and we told the salesperson that we had no intention of buying and only wanted to learn about Flex. She said she had to keep us there for 90 minutes anyway, and sure enough, she did. It was a rare day of sun, so I should have said no and been done. We were in a windowless room with no Internet. Oh well, live and learn. I usually enjoy these updates and try to learn something, but this one was not very educational.

justJT

TUG Member
Reaction score
We sat through an owner's update too at SVV for 15,000 plus 2 toys for the kids and 2 free rides at Orlando Icon and promise it would be an hour. Wished we would have skipped it. Very hard sell and scare tactics on how our SVV resale doesn't count for SPG points or now the new Marriott Bonvoy. (We understood this already) They were selling at a special price for us at 39 cents to the dollar for flex points.

One thing interesting is that they said they had been trying to reach us because our current resale had points that weren't used. Never got a call, but now had equity (?) between our other ownership which is the Adventuras program. So they were trying to entice us by saying they were offering the locked in price of 39 cents versus current pricing of 45 cents, and to seriously consider it because of the increase pricing of Marriott. See pic for details. The closer also offered us to return for another 5 day stay in 2 bedroom with presentation for 100k loyalty pts for 1k.

We clearly walked away, but this was the strongest hard sell we have experienced. Definitely would not go to anymore at current incentives.

Attachments

• 15413.jpeg
    15413.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 123

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
Heading in for our WKORV owner update tomorrow, and they told us they'd be showing us Nanea, which we've stayed in for 1 night, but never received a tour of. We'll be homeless while changing units so not worried about killing time. Let me know if anyone has specific questions we should get the answers to and then I'll post them here. We have no intention of buying anything, just earning our Teralani cruise for 2.

Thanks to all for the great information we've learned on TUG over the past 10 years. We bought 8 weeks but only the very first one was from a developer ;)

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Heading in for our WKORV owner update tomorrow, and they told us they'd be showing us Nanea, which we've stayed in for 1 night, but never received a tour of. We'll be homeless while changing units so not worried about killing time. Let me know if anyone has specific questions we should get the answers to and then I'll post them here. We have no intention of buying anything, just earning our Teralani cruise for 2.

Thanks to all for the great information we've learned on TUG over the past 10 years. We bought 8 weeks but only the very first one was from a developer ;)
Enjoy your cruise!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

As a datapoint, what was the points offer in lieu of the cruise?

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
Same as the top post above. The card says 15,000, but the concierge immediately offered 20,000 from the beginning. Does anyone remember what the points offering usually was before the Marriott merger?

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember ever receiving less than 6000 SP (equivalent to 18000 MR) and almost always taking less than 30’ ~ 40’. I think we received 8000 SP at least once.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Same as the top post above. The card says 15,000, but the concierge immediately offered 20,000 from the beginning. Does anyone remember what the points offering usually was before the Marriott merger?

Before the merger, in June 2017 at Westin Riverfront I received 12,000 Starpoints and then again in March 2018 I received 15,000 Starpoints at Nanea. So those amounts would equal 36,000 and 45,000 Bonvoy points post-merger.

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY

We're going to be at WKORV in a few weeks. Interested in what you think about the cruise - worth it for the time lost in a TS sales pitch?

Mahalo!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We're going to be at WKORV in a few weeks. Interested in what you think about the cruise - worth it for the time lost in a TS sales pitch?

Mahalo!
The first year we did the cruise we loved it. Last year we weren't that impressed with the food or drinks and it was very crowded last time. We will skip it this year. Maybe it depends on the crew or specific menu or they just had an off cruise last summer. I'll be interested in hearing what others experiences are

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Since we've done about 12+ of these owner updates and many Teralani cruises I decided to push back on the point incentive, using the data you all provided here re: used to be 15,000 SPG so should be 45,000 MR now. I opened the conversation by telling the concierge/owner's update booking agent that I wanted to cancel my update because I was very annoyed that they were offering a lower value point incentive than in the past. The concierge/update booking agent who allegedly has been here since opening insisted they had always only offered 4,500 SPG or 5,000 SPG so that's now 13,500-15,000 MR and they were being generous now to offer 20,000 MR. I challenged her using data you all provided but she would not budge. She slightly relented and said "occasionally" in the past they had a special incentive for 7,500 or 8,500 SPG points so that's what I must be referencing. They stuck with their 20,000 MR incentive despite my insistence that it was downgraded from the past and I expressed my extreme disappointment at the lower value incentive. I even called her out on the fact their owner incentive visual aid says 15,000 SPG, not MR, but she waved her hands and mouth to try and convince me these were actually MR. So I caved and said I'll just take the $100 resort credit (to cover our nightly occupancy taxes). Please see the picture below that I took in Jan 2019 and maybe you will be able to use it to your advantage. Note the 2018 copyright on it which says 15,000 SPG points so it's clearly not MR.

Owner's update was actually entertaining due to Steve, the 6'3" Australian. He talks a mile a minute so I only got about 60% of his jokes. If you're going to do an update, I recommend you request Steve. I learned some Hawaiian language I didn't know, some interesting architecture and symbolism at Nanea I didn't know, and laughed every 90 seconds or more. It was a decent way to kill the time between moving rooms. It was pretty painless and at the end they realized they have nothing to offer us except maybe an Encore package. We declined and left in slightly less than 90 minutes.

My husband met and chatted with the owner of Trilogy while playing at the Royal Lahaina tennis ranch so we investigated taking a Trilogy sunset cruise vs Trilogy dinner cruise vs Teralani sunset cruise vs Teralani dinner cruise. FYI - there are several useful discounted gift cards for Teralani and other activities/restaurants available at Costco, pictures below. We did some research using my husband's more discriminating post-culinary school palate and he determined the best value would be the Trilogy sunset cruise, even though it is $12 more than the Teralani sunset cruise. We are a bit tired of the Teralani sunset cruise menu. After we take the Trilogy sunset cruise I will report back. Regardless, I still think the Teralani cruise for 2 is worth the pain and suffering of the 90 minute owner's update, especially if you get Steve the Australian/stand-up comedian, and if you haven't already been on too many Teralani sunset cruises.

Should you be interested in other freebies, we did choose to subject ourselves to the Marriott timeshare presentation in order to get $125 in restaurant coupons good for use at Roy's, Hula Grill, Lahaina Grill, Longhi's, Merriman's, Gannon's and many others. See attached picture of flyer. We also signed up for a Hyatt presentation to get a $150 Visa gift card. We scheduled that during another room move.

Sorry about the long post, just trying to share potentially useful info.

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 20.09.41.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 20.49.37.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 20.49.28.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 20.49.23.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 20.49.18.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 20.49.12.png
IMG_7688.JPG

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Well I could disproved that concierges theory by showing her my activity on my awards account. Definitely got 45,000 MR points as a VSE Tour Incentive. I’m not subjecting myself to a tour this trip but I almost want to stop by her desk next week while there to prove her wrong, lol! It really drives me nuts how they lie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk