• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the exact same thing. I went to apply for missing credit for my 10 day stay in St John and got the same garbage back.
I emailed how frustrating this is. The reservations show up in our pending stays in Marriott ap and then we go through this. My number was on the stay too.
It is really frustrating to have to follow up on so much with Marriott. It told them that too in the email. Also waiting 5-7 days for stays to post is annoying, with SPG it was next day.
They obviously need to get this figured out.

Another pet peave is what they give you marriott points on. It is frustrating to have them exclude so much...they should reward you for EVERY dollar of spend on property.

blondietink

Reaction score
Finally, after using the customer care email posted I received this within 3 hours of sending my problem to that email address:

Thank you for contacting Marriott.

I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando. I apologize that credit for the stay did not post within the ten business days after checking out of the hotel as it normally would. Marriott Vacations Worldwide owner week stays do not earn points or miles for the actual stay, but do earn credit for the qualified incidental charges billed to your room as well as Elite night credit. I apologize that owner week stays do not qualify for challenge or promotional credit.

I have manually posted the stay credit for you to your account. You are now showing the elite nights credit for the three nights stayed.

If you have additional questions, we are happy to assist you. Also, please remember that a link to our terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of most pages on our website. There you can find the answers to most questions as well as general information on our program and a link to our program FAQ's.

We appreciate you, and thank you for choosing Marriott.

YEA! All we wanted was the elite night credit, which we finally received almost 4 months after check out and numerous times using the missing stay link on Marriott's website. It shouldn't be this hard.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Finally, after using the customer care email posted I received this within 3 hours of sending my problem to that email address:

Thank you for contacting Marriott.

I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando. I apologize that credit for the stay did not post within the ten business days after checking out of the hotel as it normally would. Marriott Vacations Worldwide owner week stays do not earn points or miles for the actual stay, but do earn credit for the qualified incidental charges billed to your room as well as Elite night credit. I apologize that owner week stays do not qualify for challenge or promotional credit.

I have manually posted the stay credit for you to your account. You are now showing the elite nights credit for the three nights stayed.

If you have additional questions, we are happy to assist you. Also, please remember that a link to our terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of most pages on our website. There you can find the answers to most questions as well as general information on our program and a link to our program FAQ's.

We appreciate you, and thank you for choosing Marriott.

YEA! All we wanted was the elite night credit, which we finally received almost 4 months after check out and numerous times using the missing stay link on Marriott's website. It shouldn't be this hard.
Thanks. Good to know that this worked. I have a stay I will be emailing to them.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, lots and lots of people reporting problems getting their elite night credits!

Has anyone been getting their elite night credits without a hassle? Has the problem seemed any better with more recent stays, rather than those shortly after the SPG/Marriott Rewards merger? And, has the problem mostly been with stays that didn't show up in the Marriott app, or does having the reservation show up not seem to help at all?

Also, does anyone know if Marriott owners are having the same problems?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Wow, lots and lots of people reporting problems getting their elite night credits!

Has anyone been getting their elite night credits without a hassle? Has the problem seemed any better with more recent stays, rather than those shortly after the SPG/Marriott Rewards merger? And, has the problem mostly been with stays that didn't show up in the Marriott app, or does having the reservation show up not seem to help at all?

Also, does anyone know if Marriott owners are having the same problems?

MVCI owner here - no problems getting nights/points credited on a DC points stay at Grande Vista last month. Haven't tried staying at a Vistana resort yet..

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

I had no problems at all with two stays (one home resort, one SOs) but both were shortly after the Aug merger (at which point I had merged my accounts), next one isn't until late Mar, so will keep my fingers crossed on that posting smoothly.

All have shown up in the hotel list...

I've also had pretty much no probs with hotel stays posting correctly, etc (I pretty much travel every week), and annual and lifetime status correct. I will consider myself lucky given the things I see here and on FlyerTalk.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a stay at WPORV a few weeks ago and the elite night credits posted in 3 days.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
No email or explanation from Marriott but our 2 night Elite credits for our stay at the Westin Resort and Spa have been posted in our account. Now if we could just see the 14 nights from Lagunamar!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I had a stay at WPORV a few weeks ago and the elite night credits posted in 3 days.

No email or explanation from Marriott but our 2 night Elite credits for our stay at the Westin Resort and Spa have been posted in our account. Now if we could just see the 14 nights from Lagunamar!

Did these reservations show on the Marriott.com site and the app or did they show only on Vistana's website?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The SPG app is being shutdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. It seems some stays are posting, but there is no rhyme nor reason why others are not. I'm very interested in updates on people's experiences, good or bad. Hope everyone can get there stays posted soon!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Internet Customer care was able to post our October stay for us.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
Just got off the phone with Marriott's customer service and they are going to manually add our 14 elite night credits for Lagunamar. Took quite a bit of time for the agent to look at our file and she didn't seem to know too much about SPG and staroptions. She feels the issue is that the resort is not coding the stay correctly. Previously I had been told that it looked like we had booked through booking.com. I thanked her but also said that I hoped Marriott would work this out for its SPG customers.

blondietink

Reaction score
It seems like Internet Customer Care has the best response rate so far.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked into Sheraton Broadway Plantation a few days ago and gave my rewards number at check in. When I logged into my Marriott Rewards account the evening of check in it was already showing under my booked trips. :). I am sure there will be no problem with it posting after my stay. And I don't own at Sheraton/Vistana/Marriott. Received my status thru mostly many hotel stays, and Marriott exchanges over the years.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Just a note on my experience with getting Elite night credits.

We had a stay at SDO in early January (it was a resale home resort reservation for those interested). No nights elite night credits had posted, so I contacted them approximately 20 days after the end of our stay. The initial response I got back was: you can only receive credit for room per night (we had a 2BR LO unit). I responded that I was not requesting 14 nights - only the 7 and that no nights had been posted. The response came back that they would give us the points for the stay and all nights we were "eligible" for.

My 1000 plat bonus + our room charges points posted; however, still no elite nights after one week so I wrote back again requesting the nights.

The response was now that the reservation was made from a third party site so no points could be awarded.

I then wrote back with an explanation (again) that this was a timeshare stay (not third-party booking like Expedia) and under the new Marriott system these were supposed to qualify as elite nights. I also attached a copy of the announcement e-mail from last August.

Early last week Jennifer from the Salt Lake customer care center contacted me and apologized for the confusion and not posting. She needed to contact the resort to get copies of the folios for both rooms (I had just sent in the one with our room charges). Today she e-mailed me back and said that the seven nights should now be showing up in my account (and they are!). She was fantastic to work with :thumbup:.
I have another week booked for the end of March here, so hopefully that one goes smoother. The good news is that I'll have hit platinum for 2019 by the end of this month:banana:. Now to go for Titanium!

My guess is that you need to be persistent but not rude - most agents do not know much about the timeshare side of things and they are still not well integrated. Including a copy of the Vistana e-mail from last August seems to have been the key to getting it directed to the right person.

Seattlenerd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went through the same entire frustrating mess again after a January stay at the Westin Kierland Villas. Eventually, Marriott Bonvoy's customer care took care of it and credited the elite nights accurately. The earlier "missing stay" representative kept coming up with what almost appeared to be random reasons to deny crediting anything about the stay, even with the folio.

I think this remains a teachable moment for the Marriott Bonvoy front line staff that handle missing stay requests. And for those of us who are legitimately trying to get the elite stay night credit, a wonderful test of our patience.

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree - they do resolve the issues. However, how frustrating. Think of the hundreds of people who know no different. It is embarrassing for them to promote these "benefits" and then have you fight for every last one of them. It took me nearly 2 months to get the points I was entitled to for my St John spend. It amounted to about 10,000 points. We only spend about $600 (that was eligible) but with the multipliers that amounts to meaningful points.

I have literally had to follow up on over 50% of my stays for credit and points. Yes it gets resolved; but it is so frustrating. It has gotten a bit better; and the hotels have been great to work with. I guess for the time being you have to be your own advocate while they work through these embarrassing hiccups.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i checked my Bonvoy account and we did not get any elite night credit for any of the 19 nights we spent at Lagunamar in the last 6 months. I hope this will be fixed soon

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I am going to have to contact them. My week at WSJ has not been added.

I am curious, I had nights in my SPG account but nothing was transferred to my Marriott account. Were the SPG nights supposed to transfer as well? My account only shows the one night I stayed in PR before our week long TS stay at WSJ. So I am literally back to square one.

Edit: I do see lifetime nights in my account. But my WSJ stay has not been added.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I am going to have to contact them. My week at WSJ has not been added.

I am curious, I had nights in my SPG account but nothing was transferred to my Marriott account. Were the SPG nights supposed to transfer as well? My account only shows the one night I stayed in PR before our week long TS stay at WSJ. So I am literally back to square one.

Edit: I do see lifetime nights in my account. But my WSJ stay has not been added.

At what point in time we’re these nights in your SPG account?

Vistana timeshare stays did not count prior to August 18.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland

Same here posted within days from Princeville

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
At what point in time we’re these nights in your SPG account?

Vistana timeshare stays did not count prior to August 18.

I stayed at WSJ March 1 -8, 2019.