• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Polo Towers Villas -- How Well Do They Trade in Interval International

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts US Collection
If I bought a deeded used 2 bedroom lockoff during high or peak season, how well does that trade on Interval International?

Destination Exchange shows what I could do with it.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I bought a deeded used 2 bedroom lockoff during high or peak season, how well does that trade on Interval International?

Destination Exchange shows what I could do with it.
I don't think it would trade that well in Interval. Las Vegas is pretty easy to trade into. You also have to find out from Diamond how their deposits work for deeded weeks - whether they let you pick the week, or if they assign it randomly. If the latter, the trade power will be lower. I just checked II, and New Years Las Vegas weeks are just sitting online. Also, Diamond charges resort fees for exchangers at their resorts - so many people choose not to exchange into Diamond.

I think the only Diamond resorts that would be good for exchanging in II are the Southern California Coastal resorts, Hawaii resorts, and Myrtle Beach resorts. For SoCal and MB, you would want to make sure you could deposit a prime summer week.

Dunes Village Resort is an affiliated resort that is in Destination Exchange. Summer weeks would exchange very well in Interval. I have never looked for one of these, so I don't have any idea what they might cost. I also don't know how affiliiated resorts work with Diamond. Your best bet for ensuring that a week works well in both Destination Exchange and II is probably Riviera Beach and Spa, and Riviera Shores. But make sure you can make summer week reservations if you purchase a week. Summer weeks in SoCal trade extremely well in II. A deeded Lake Tahoe week that floats in summer is also a good bet for II. I don't know if there are any 1 bedroom deeded weeks there, but they get a Tier 4 if you reserve specific weeks, and any summer week there should trade well in II.

It's hard to find a unit that trades well in II and is also good for Diamond... When you have more vacation time available, you might want to look into getting a non Diamond unit for II trades, and a Diamond unit for Destination exchange trades. Since you have only a few weeks a year now, you might want to focus on getting a week just for II exchanges or just Diamond exchanges.

For II, I think the best week to get is a good Marriott trader. Those are amazing. Marriott Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Shadow Ridge, and some of the Florida units (I have less experience with those) in Platinum season are great traders. You can lockoff the 2 bedroom units and get 2 weeks vacation in Marriott resorts. We have been able to get Kauai summer and Caribbean spring break weeks with Marriott trades.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Have you looked at the DRI In-house program for trading Deeded Weeks of DRI Property for stays at other DRI resorts?

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts US Collection
Yes. Destination Exchange tells you what kind of tier your property is and shows you what you can trade for with the other tiers. When I asked about a Beachwood week for trading power, somebody had mentioned buying something that could trade well with both Destination Exchange and Interval International to give you the best options.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Destination Exchange tells you what kind of tier your property is and shows you what you can trade for with the other tiers. When I asked about a Beachwood week for trading power, somebody had mentioned buying something that could trade well with both Destination Exchange and Interval International to give you the best options.
A Beachwoods summer week would trade well in both. If you are looking for a Diamond deeded week with great trading power in Diamond (Tier 5 or Tier 6) as well as good trading power in Interval International. I suggest you look at a summer East Coast beach week at Beachwoods in OBX, or one of the Virginia Beach properties (Ocean Beach Club / Oceanaire).

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would trade that well in Interval. Las Vegas is pretty easy to trade into.

For II, I think the best week to get is a good Marriott trader. Those are amazing. Marriott Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Shadow Ridge, and some of the Florida units (I have less experience with those) in Platinum season are great traders. You can lockoff the 2 bedroom units and get 2 weeks vacation in Marriott resorts. We have been able to get Kauai summer and Caribbean spring break weeks with Marriott trades.
Why are you saying that a resort in Vegas is not a good trader but MGC in Vegas is an amazing trader ?
Is it because the trading power for M to M exchange is not used (you can get any M unit size with any M unit size and based on that, the M resort with the cheapest MF is the best M trader) ?
Does it mean that MGC to non M resort is a poor trader based on your first declaration ?
Thanks

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are you saying that a resort in Vegas is not a good trader but MGC in Vegas is an amazing trader ?
Is it because the trading power for M to M exchange is not used (you can get any M unit size with any M unit size and based on that, the M resort with the cheapest MF is the best M trader) ?
Does it mean that MGC to non M resort is a poor trader based on your first declaration ?
Thanks
The Marriott in Las Vegas has the elite resort distinction in II, so that may be why they trade so well. I don't have any of II's secrets, so I can't say for certain what is or is not the best trader. II trade power seems to have much to do with resort quality. I was just giving information about resort availability. Typically, if a resort is difficult to trade into, then the trade power increases. There is much available in Las Vegas, so I based my words on the evidence I saw. I could obviously be incorrect. The only real way to know is by doing a trade test with a Polo Tower week. If anyone has one that could be used for a trade test, it would be the best way to know how Polo Towers compares to other weeks.