• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Exchange - Occupancy Limit & Fees

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Okay Guys, I had a waitlist in for a (4) night stay at Hyatt Coconut Plantation for a 2 bedroom for 8 peeps. So would need the lock off room. I would have rather stayed the week but trying to avoid the expensive Point Saturday I just entered a 4 day reservation.

I also had a OGS in II using a WM generic trader. One of my choices was HCC for same timeframe but for entire week.

3:00am Monday my OGS got filled for the Hyatt. It shows sleeps 8 / 6 privately. The email confirmation doesn’t show room # but the exchange history II shows it being unit 5364... My Hyatt map as a Hyatt Owner shows this as a 6 person unit as only lock-offs have 2 kings and 2 sofa sleepers for 8 person occupancy.

So my question is: Why does Hyatt allow higher occupancy levels in an exchange than on owner bookings?

For those that have exchanged into a Hyatt are there additional fees Hyatt charges for an exchanger? My confirmation has a bunch of Mumbo-Jumbo about electric/utility surcharges and says getaways are subject to $25 resort fee, but I am assuming this doesn’t apply since it’s an exchange.

Either way I’m ecstatic I got room still waiting to see if WM takes 10K ($680MF) or 8K ($544MF) in credits. It’s a silver week this summer so I am hoping the take my WM credits as a White vs Red week. Even be more awesome if it falls as a blue week, but not holding breath on that one.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay Guys, I had a waitlist in for a (4) night stay at Hyatt Coconut Plantation for a 2 bedroom for 8 peeps. So would need the lock off room. I would have rather stayed the week but trying to avoid the expensive Point Saturday I just entered a 4 day reservation.

I also had a OGS in II using a WM generic trader. One of my choices was HCC for same timeframe but for entire week.

3:00am Monday my OGS got filled for the Hyatt. It shows sleeps 8 / 6 privately. The email confirmation doesn’t show room # but the exchange history II shows it being unit 5364... My Hyatt map as a Hyatt Owner shows this as a 6 person unit as only lock-offs have 2 kings and 2 sofa sleepers for 8 person occupancy.

So my question is: Why does Hyatt allow higher occupancy levels in an exchange than on owner bookings?

For those that have exchanged into a Hyatt are there additional fees Hyatt charges for an exchanger? My confirmation has a bunch of Mumbo-Jumbo about electric/utility surcharges and says getaways are subject to $25 resort fee, but I am assuming this doesn’t apply since it’s an exchange.

Either way I’m ecstatic I got room still waiting to see if WM takes 10K ($680MF) or 8K ($544MF) in credits. It’s a silver week this summer so I am hoping the take my WM credits as a White vs Red week. Even be more awesome if it falls as a blue week, but not holding breath on that one.
Interesting that Hyatt is giving priority to II exchanges over internal exchanges. You'd think that they would give a unit to Interval that nobody in the Hyatt Club wants since they have the option to give any unit that they want.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Interesting that Hyatt is giving priority to II exchanges over internal exchanges. You'd think that they would give a unit to Interval that nobody in the Hyatt Club wants since they have the option to give any unit that they want.
I still have my waitlist in but under getaways on II there is yet another 2 bedroom for same time for $1579. So I was debating doing a second OGS for an exchange to see if I can snag it also.