• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

An Unexpected Elite Surprise

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
upload_2019-1-22_12-39-51.png

I have no idea how I made lifetime Platinum Premier Lifetime - I wasn't even in the ballpark. Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :banana:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
View attachment 10039

I have no idea how I made lifetime Platinum Premier Lifetime - I wasn't even in the ballpark. Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :banana:

It will be corrected once Marriott's IT department gets their act together... Oh, in that case I guess you are Platinum Premier Lifetime!! Congrats!

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
It's already fixed back. LOL

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you quickly grabbed your annual choice benefits. :whooopie:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I renewed at Platinum Elite - I didn't get 50 nights last year. But, so far that status has stuck since they reset.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Surprise for us is my wife is Platinum Elite with only 8 nights on her account stayed in 2018. Myself as a Platinum Premier Elite Lifetime Time member with over 75 nights stayed in 2018 was looking to gift Gold status as a choice benefit last week so we could accelerate her status back to Platinum in 2019 as she will travel 15 to 20 nights a year going forward on her own. The Gold choice benefit was not available since her current status was Platinum. I asked her to call Marriott last night and ask when her Platinum status expired. They said December 31st, 2019! I still have till Feb. 7th to choose the Gold Status or default to 5 suite night awards.

This year all our stays will be on her MR # to reach Platinum Premier Elite (Titanium) and all future years traveling together as well.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I renewed at Platinum Elite - I didn't get 50 nights last year. But, so far that status has stuck since they reset.

The number of nights have reset. Your status will not reset until Jan 31.

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help. Should have achieved LT PPE by 12.31.18. However, at end of 2018 I only showed 48 nights (36 stayed, 12 bonus). However, with the old MR Chase Visa (kept until late DEC) I should have had 15 bonus nights to start with (and then earned 10 via $30k spend; 1 promo (birthday) and 1 rollover from 2017). Since the error caused me to miss an Annual Choice Benefit, I called and pleaded my case. 1st time MR CS went through the process and I got no result. Called earlier this week to re-institute the request and CS said should take 2-3 business days. Checked today and my Lifetime Status Nights went from 755 to 770. That tells me I got my 15 nights.

How long does it take for ACB to show up?
Where does it show up?
2019 total still shows at 0, so doesn't look like they erroneously put the 15 nights in this year.
What do I do if ACB never shows up?

I have a 3 night stay at the Sheraton Grand in Los Angeles next week. Wondered if they would have SNA upgrades at that hotel and, if so, whether it would make sense to use them. Never was big with SPG so I have no experience in trying to utilize and strategize on use of SNAs.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hope you quickly grabbed your annual choice benefits. :whooopie:
You only get those if you record the actual needed elite nights. You don't get it if you are lifetime or get the status through MVCI ownership, you need to put in the nights.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was expecting to get Lifetime Platinum Premier elite by the end of January. It just posted. Yes!

(based on 10+ years Platinum and 750+ nights)

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I was expecting to get Lifetime Platinum Premier elite by the end of January. It just posted. Yes!

Congrats! Quite an achievement!

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was expecting to as well. After I read your post I checked my account and there it was - Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite!!! Super happy about that!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, my profile just changed to a (lowly) Lifetime Platinum! I still have Platinum Premier through timeshare ownership level.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score

Mine updated today to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite as well.

(14 years Platinum and 878 nights)

Earlier this month I asked if they were going to extend the use period for SNAs to the end of January 2020 instead of expiring December 31st because members couldn't select this 50 night benefit for most of January. They responded no. I cancelled an upcoming stay and moved most of my stays to Hyatt and Hilton for this year.

I love my Vistana ownership but with everything that has happened since the integration the hotel side has lost my loyalty.

For the time being I'll be standing on the dock saying Bon voyage to Bonvoy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Interestingly, my wife just got upgraded from Lifetime Silver to Lifetime Gold, which was what we were expecting, but the years counters on the lifetime status details page didn't change from what it has been showing since August - still showing 14 years as Silver, Gold, or Platinum; 6 years as Gold or Platinum; and 6 years as Platinum. To get Lifetime Gold requires 7 years, so they are obviously recognizing year 7, but the counter on the site hasn't updated.

Also, on my personal account, I'm not lifetime anything, but I've been Silver every year but qualified for Gold this past year for the first time. But similar to my wife, my years counter is still only showing my years at Silver and no years at Gold.

I'm assuming they updated the lifetime statuses, but the counters on the web site and in the app haven't updated for some reason. Maybe that will update in the next few days. Anyone else see this same situation? Since, I'm seeing the same thing on both her account and mine, my assumption is it is the same for everyone and it will eventually update or be fixed, but looking for confirmation.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
AA51C04E-0F31-453A-BA8C-A904F028CABB.png
Updated to LT PPE as well.
It would help if status was made clearer on both the website and app.
For me on the website for example, once signed into my account, the bold header says I am PPE yet further down the page it says I am Lifetime PPE (which I know I am)
Why doesn’t the header say this too?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many of you are posting that your rewards account finally updated and you believe it is now correct.
I am having the opposite experience.
My lifetime status shows lifetime platnum elite this morning for the first time
I only have 575 nights ( not 600)
I do have 10 years platnum
I am an enrolled MVC owner but at the lowest level.

Should I assume it’s my turn to experience a glitch or am I missing something?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Many of you are posting that your rewards account finally updated and you believe it is now correct.

You are like me. I have 11 years "platinum" but only 587 nights.
Mine changed because I did have the 1.6 mil points required under the legacy program. (LT Gold was 1.6 mil & 500 nts)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

You may be like me. I have more than 500 nights and more than 1.6 million points, both on the Marriott end. This makes you qualify for Lifetiime Platinum.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may be like me. I have more than 500 nights and more than 1.6 million points, both on the Marriott end. This makes you qualify for Lifetiime Platinum.

Thank you both.
I don’t know how many lifetime points I had and I don’t think there is a way to see that anymore.
I hope that is the explanation- I would be happy to be lifetime platnum for real.