• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside question

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We are traveling to Haborside in March with our son, DIL and 2 grandkids (ages 18 mos and 3.) We will need a crib or pack and play. How do we request one from the resort? Would prefer to email. Does anyone know the direct fax# to the Harborside front desk or the Concierge? Any fun places to eat with the little ones? Thanks!

Carolyn

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The owner must submit any special requests. If you are the Vistana owner, you can do it from your online account.

You can contact the concierge through the link on your Vistana confirmation.

Dining is really expensive at Harborside. Since little ones are often fickle eaters, it's more cost effective to eat in with them or even feed them before you go out.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The owner must submit any special requests. If you are the Vistana owner, you can do it from your online account.

You can contact the concierge through the link on your Vistana confirmation.

Dining is really expensive at Harborside. Since little ones are often fickle eaters, it's more cost effective to eat in with them or even feed them before you go out.

Thanks Denise

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
We will also be at harbourside the first week in March with our grandkids, had our 4 yr old granddaughter with us last year, a few tips for you...
Sandra’s Taxi, very reasonable, friendly family business, google them and book ahead. Arrange airport pickup and return and ask them to take you to local supermarket to pick up groceries for your villa, keep in mind there is no oven. Ask Sandra to arrange a trip to local zoo, Great flamingo show for kids and kids get to feed parrots, my granddaughter loved the show.
Eat at Murray’s Deli, good variety of food for kids, chicken tenders, fries etc, ny style deli food at reasonable prices. Carmine’s, family style Italian Rest., large portions, if kids and family like Italian food, leftovers almost for sure lol kids menu at Margaritaville, a couple of blocks away from resort, you can walk to, other than breakfast, restaurant on harbor side is reasonably priced and has pizza, chicken tenders, fries etc for kids. There is a Marina Pizza shop as well, moderately priced as well as a Burger Shack, burgers, fries, shakes etc. for Carmine’s, reservations are a must, check what days these restaurants are open, they rotate openings and closings. There is a convenience store on prem, but pricey and limited items. There is a hotel shuttle that will take you shopping, for $7 a person???
Do no do a car rental, shuttle buses from hotel, run all day to all parts of Atlantis and ferry right next to harborside, for a small fee, takes you to downtown Nassau.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thanks for all the the great advice! We are all set up with Sandra’s Taxi Service.
Carolyn

Lookingtobuy

Reaction score
We will also be at harbourside the first week in March with our grandkids, had our 4 yr old granddaughter with us last year, a few tips for you...
Sandra’s Taxi, very reasonable, friendly family business, google them and book ahead. Arrange airport pickup and return and ask them to take you to local supermarket to pick up groceries for your villa, keep in mind there is no oven. Ask Sandra to arrange a trip to local zoo, Great flamingo show for kids and kids get to feed parrots, my granddaughter loved the show.
Eat at Murray’s Deli, good variety of food for kids, chicken tenders, fries etc, ny style deli food at reasonable prices. Carmine’s, family style Italian Rest., large portions, if kids and family like Italian food, leftovers almost for sure lol kids menu at Margaritaville, a couple of blocks away from resort, you can walk to, other than breakfast, restaurant on harbor side is reasonably priced and has pizza, chicken tenders, fries etc for kids. There is a Marina Pizza shop as well, moderately priced as well as a Burger Shack, burgers, fries, shakes etc. for Carmine’s, reservations are a must, check what days these restaurants are open, they rotate openings and closings. There is a convenience store on prem, but pricey and limited items. There is a hotel shuttle that will take you shopping, for $7 a person???
Do no do a car rental, shuttle buses from hotel, run all day to all parts of Atlantis and ferry right next to harborside, for a small fee, takes you to downtown Nassau.

Hi guys

We are also going to the bahamas in march. Any advice on what building tk request for a one bdrm premium. Wanted to call and ask for one with a view. Also what is cheapest way to get cell phone and data coverage. We are from canada.

Thank

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Hi guys

We are also going to the bahamas in march. Any advice on what building tk request for a one bdrm premium. Wanted to call and ask for one with a view. Also what is cheapest way to get cell phone and data coverage. We are from canada.

Thank

As to cell coverage, not sure what carrier you have but I have a U.S.-based AT&T account. The international plan is a charge of $10/day when used and the phone and data usage comes from my plan. I've found that to be the most economical. Your cell phone provider may have something similar.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
That place is nickle and diming itself out of business. I'm losing interest as these prices go up and up. I can't believe how expensive it has become to get a nice meal there.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
That place is nickle and diming itself out of business. I'm losing interest as these prices go up and up. I can't believe how expensive it has become to get a nice meal there.
Or even an average one.

And how little they are spending on maintaining it. Look at the chairs in Olives.

I'll post a picture when I find it.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
It's about $24 / day for internet at Harborside. We logged in the first day and I couldn't get our Roku connected, so we bailed. We went downtown, either taxi or watter shuttle for $4 each way per person. We got BTC sim cards good for 7 days for I believe $24 each, including 2gig of data. You can call USA, but no direct texting. You do get unlimited Whatsapp, but that requires both parties to have whatsapp. It's worked well for me. The data not so much and I had to spend another $34 to get an addition $15 gig. Still with three of us here for 10 nights and having phones we are at less than half of Harborside WiFi and we can use it out of the room too.

The BTC office we used was around the corner from the downtown straw market, across the street from Dunkin Doughnuts

All that said, my aunt had trouble getting her AT&T phone unlocked. She also found out she could have had unlimited AT&T service for $50.

One more thing. I had to fight with the front desk to credit me for the days of WiFi we didn't use. They finally did and were quite rude about it, after spending a long time with their It department finding out we only used it one day. They are a bunch of scheming schemers here. Watch Tip lines. They charge you 15% gratuity, but also put a tip line trying to get more.

As to cell coverage, not sure what carrier you have but I have a U.S.-based AT&T account. The international plan is a charge of $10/day when used and the phone and data usage comes from my plan. I've found that to be the most economical. Your cell phone provider may have something similar.