• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best sites for renting my week

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
VRBO is designed for full ownership vacation properties. The fees are high, and the rules are not conducive to timeshare ownership, which is much less flexible than renting a private property.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was going to say the fees are high, both for the renter and the rentee these days.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I’m looking to rent my 2020 week at Quarter House since we will not be able to use it.

Is Redweek still the best for QH?

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use craigslist, its free and it makes my phone ring
I think I remember you saying you listed New Orleans rentals on New Orleans Craig’s list....by extension does an Orlando rental get put on Orlando Craig’s list?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I remember you saying you listed New Orleans rentals on New Orleans Craig’s list....by extension does an Orlando rental get put on Orlando Craig’s list?
That would make sense, but as I remember it there was something of a battle going on with the Orlando Vacation rentals... timeshare rental ads were getting flagged, and removed, probably by competing rental companies

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I’m looking to rent my 2020 week at Quarter House since we will not be able to use it.

Is Redweek still the best for QH?

I’ve done some New Orleans rentals. Redweek does OK, but I get more success from Craigslist.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve done some New Orleans rentals. Redweek does OK, but I get more success from Craigslist.

Don't you get a lot of scammers or time wasters?
99% of stuff I list on Craigslist results in both of those for me (for sale things, etc.)
If it's not a scammer, then I'll get the "time waster" (they say they'll show up/call/whatever and never do, etc.)

For me, that's why I like Redweek as it filters out the majority of that.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Don't you get a lot of scammers or time wasters?
99% of stuff I list on Craigslist results in both of those for me (for sale things, etc.)
If it's not a scammer, then I'll get the "time waster" (they say they'll show up/call/whatever and never do, etc.)
For me, that's why I like Redweek as it filters out the majority of that.

An occasional scammer, but they're easy enough to ignore. Not really any of the time wasters with rentals.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
VRBO is designed for full ownership vacation properties. The fees are high, and the rules are not conducive to timeshare ownership, which is much less flexible than renting a private property.

Plus VRBO renter demographic is strange vs. AirBnB and other options. We have a second home that gets great reviews, but VRBO renters nitpick the stupidest stuff. For example, we had one reviewer that claimed that the queen beds were not queen size (huh?).

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Craigslist and Facebook Market Place work for me. Facebook renters are mostly people I know of. Craigslist renters are mostly people I don't know. I use both of these sites to rent to full time all year renters for the most part kind of like 95% full time renters and 5% vacation property renter. I like facebook market place because I can look at the renters profile and decide if they are who I am not looking for. When I do a craigslist add for rentals, before I rent, I usually follow up by looking at the persons facebook profile as a first screening tool.

Bill

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to know about VRBO too.
Vrbo doesn’t work for a single week as it is an annual fee of $300-$400. They also take about 10% per booking. If you had multiple weeks and the energy to keep changing your ad, then it could work...but they are truly awful now on so many levels....I used them for a condo I rented out in PCB but the kept turning the screws and became so intrusive and expensive

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Vrbo doesn’t work for a single week as it is an annual fee of $300-$400. They also take about 10% per booking. If you had multiple weeks and the energy to keep changing your ad, then it could work...but they are truly awful now on so many levels....I used them for a condo I rented out in PCB but the kept turning the screws and became so intrusive and expensive
I just ran through posting on VRBO. I considered Craigs List because its free but felt the location of my unit would make it hard to find on Craigs List.
It seems that they default to a 'pay per booking' model where they take 5% of the fee plus 3% for credit card transaction. I think they also charge the renter 6% on top. But at least it's not a fixed up front fee.

I might try TUG as well.

Bob

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I have the best luck with redweek.com - it is designed for timeshare owners and it's inexpensive. But use the "do it yourself" Redweek method - their full service program is not well-liked on TUG.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
I use TUG marketplace, Redweek and My Resort Network when I rent.
I’ve also been successfull with the Facebook group: Timeshare and Resort Vacation Rentals.

tscofl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use TUG marketplace, Redweek and My Resort Network when I rent.
I’ve also been successfull with the Facebook group: Timeshare and Resort Vacation Rentals.
I'm going to try the FB group. Thank you!

RoverJohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have points available in the Raintree system of vacation resorts (I love their Mexico locations), and would like to advertise my willingness to rent/sell these points to a buyer/renter if their choice of a specific Raintree week is available. I would then reserve their choice week at an agreed upon price. But there are many resorts in the Raintree system and I can't advertise on Redweek for just one resort and therefore ignore the opportunity to rent a week in the others. Is there a site dedicated to rent points that would give me the flexibility to appeal to all possible Raintree fans.