• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vistana slow in transfer?

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
I've bought two resales last year around sept-oct time frame, one for HRA and one for WLR...both have not gone thru with Vistana yet...

The HRA one is at the mercy of the ppl recording the deed, but the WLR I was told it's closed, but just waiting for Vistana to do the transfer...and that was 11/16/18, so over two months now...

Any one else seen this slow transfer by Vistana recently?

thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you contacted the Vistana Title Office?

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
I have not, I've called Vistana and they told me it's still under the seller's name...I'll do that now...thx

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I've bought two resales last year around sept-oct time frame, one for HRA and one for WLR...both have not gone thru with Vistana yet...

The HRA one is at the mercy of the ppl recording the deed, but the WLR I was told it's closed, but just waiting for Vistana to do the transfer...and that was 11/16/18, so over two months now...

Any one else seen this slow transfer by Vistana recently?

thanks.

Just curious why these are taking so long. Were there any problems on the seller’s side?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
concerning WLR, Vistana changed the contracts to my name in about 3-4 weeks after the notarized docs were sent to Chicago title. Are you sure Chicago title has done its part? I am not sure what stage of "closed" you are at now, but something is not right even if you account for the few Holidays in December when the offices may have been closed.

If you can offer more info:
- when did you and the seller send the notarized docs to the closing company.?
- when did the closing company send the docs to Chicago title?
- when did Chicago title notify Vistana of the change of owners?

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
I called the title office, and they told me they are 6-7 weeks backed up...they did get the doc at the end of December, so she said it would take another couple of weeks. thx all
Phone 1-800-729-8246 ext. 62291(from DenisM's other post, thanks!)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
concerning WLR, Vistana changed the contracts to my name in about 3-4 weeks after the notarized docs were sent to Chicago title. Are you sure Chicago title has done its part? I am not sure what stage of "closed" you are at now, but something is not right even if you account for the few Holidays in December when the offices may have been closed.

If you can offer more info:
- when did you and the seller send the notarized docs to the closing company.?
- when did the closing company send the docs to Chicago title?
- when did Chicago title notify Vistana of the change of owners?
by the way, i reread my correspondence with the closing company, they stated that it could take up to 3 months!

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
That is very strange. I picked up two additional properties in December and one has already been transferred into my name and the other should be completed by next week. Once Vistana receives the title information it has typically taken about two weeks to transfer in the buyers name (that has been my experience). I usually forward them the electronic copy of the title with the contract numbers of any other properties I have within Vistana. The email address for the title department is "titlechanges@vistana.com".

Last edited:

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter closed on a purchase at the end of December and yesterday she finally got access to reservations on the Vistana dashboard. That was about three weeks after closing.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
In December i bought a week 16 (fixed) at Sheraton Vistana Resort. I spoke Yesterday with Vistana, they received the deed on January 19th. They told me it would take 3-4 weeks to see it in my Vistana account. It is getting a bit late to deposit the 2019 week 16 in RCI, I would only get 80% of the maximum TPUs.

Does it take long to add the new contract (after Vistana processes the transfer) to my existing Interval account so that i can deposit it?
Is this going to be deposited by Vistana as a week 16 or they will deposit another week instead? Am I going to lose trading power because we are getting closer to the check in date? Last year i did not notice any diminished trading power when i was searching with 2018 weeks as we were approaching the end of the year.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Not to highjack this topic. I am recently married and want to put my spouse on my titles. How would I accomplish adding her to my WKORV, LMR, and WMH Propeties?

Is there a forum for this?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to highjack this topic. I am recently married and want to put my spouse on my titles. How would I accomplish adding her to my WKORV, LMR, and WMH Propeties?

i would suggest you contact LT transfers

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score

As DannyTS says, you will need to change the names on the deeds and re-register the deed with their respective county deed offices. Then, you can notify Vistana.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is very strange. I picked up two additional properties in December and one has already been transferred into my name and the other should be completed by next week. Once Vistana receives the title information it has typically taken about two weeks to transfer in the buyers name (that has been my experience). I usually forward them the electronic copy of the title with the contract numbers of any other properties I have within Vistana. The email address for the title department is "titlechanges@vistana.com".
If a resort charges a transfer fee (usually $25, I think), is there any way to do the transfer via email? Or, is mailing a physical check necessary?

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
If a resort charges a transfer fee (usually $25, I think), is there any way to do the transfer via email? Or, is mailing a physical check necessary?

In the situations where a resort required a transfer fee a check and hard copies of the documentation were forwarded to them via mail but I still sent the information via email. They will not begin processing the transfer until they receive the transfer fee.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In the situations where a resort required a transfer fee a check and hard copies of the documentation were forwarded to them via mail but I still sent the information via email. They will not begin processing the transfer until they receive the transfer fee.
This may not always be the case. We bought an SVV unit a couple years ago. The closing agent was taking a long time to send the paperwork and we were coming up on the deadline to bank StarOptions. So I emailed the new deed myself that I downloaded from the the county website and they sent back confirmation that the transfer was complete and to send the $25. I was able to bank my options without issue. I was waiting for the actual closing agent to also send in the paperwork along with the $25. I called back a week or so later and confirmed that they still hadn't received payment so I sent it myself. The $25 was a small price to pay to ensure I was able to bank the options.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Sounds as if sending the $25 separately may be useful in some circumstances. But, if one has time to mail the fee along with the copy of the deed, that is may be simpler.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
Quick update, WLR finally showed up in my account, still waiting on HRA...

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick update, WLR finally showed up in my account, still waiting on HRA...
So how many days did it take since the day they received the deed ?

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
they said "early" December, so about 8 weeks with the holidays?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you. I am wondering why it seems to take longer than before. Last year I had contracts transferred in 3-4 weeks. Now they say it is taking 6-8 weeks, double the time. I tried everything, with no success: emailed a copy of the deed myself, called them etc.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
A couple of the eBay listings I'm considering are disclaiming as up to 90 business days. I could build the place by then.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
The harborside one is still waiting on attorney to do the stamp on deed or something...sigh...was told they only do 5 a day?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
has the backup been so long before? Does this have anything to do with the merger? The deed took just few days so i am not sure why Vistana would be so slow.