• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DRI rooms for rent

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Ever need a extra night at a DRI managed resort? In 2015 when I needed an extra night, I paid for it at the front desk. This year when I talked to the front desk, they told me DRI has a web site for booking rentals. The prices may take your breath away, but it's good to know if you need it. Availability will show up here when there isn't availability booking through the Club. Also the Club requires a minimum of 2 nights.

https://www.diamondresortsandhotels.com/

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
I’ve got extra nights through Expedia before. The DRI website is good to know about. I’ll have to compare prices some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For the date we need at the Point at Poipu, a partial ocean view is about $440 on both sites. For an ocean view DRI is $492 and Expedia is $698. With the maintenance fees, our float/float deeded week costs about $257/night for an ocean front, so I guess timesharing is a good deal.

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
Time will tell if our initial tens of thousands of dollars factored into the rate really make timesharing a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Also check sites such as hotel.com, booking.com, VRBO, etc., that specialize in working with surplus inventory management. I've found needed rooms there. On occasion, I've been able to book single nights where the hotel policy required a two- or three-night minimum stay.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ever need a extra night at a DRI managed resort? In 2015 when I needed an extra night, I paid for it at the front desk. This year when I talked to the front desk, they told me DRI has a web site for booking rentals. The prices may take your breath away, but it's good to know if you need it. Availability will show up here when there isn't availability booking through the Club. Also the Club requires a minimum of 2 nights.

https://www.diamondresortsandhotels.com/
FYI Art, this is not new. I don't know when DRI created this web site but if you do a search on TUG for diamondresortsandhotels, you will find posts dated 2016.
I did a search on the 3 DRI Facebook groups and the oldest post I found about this web site was in March 2013. Here is the FB post
upload_2019-1-20_7-49-30.png

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts US Collection
Somebody posted in another thread that a resort may have only 30% owned in one collection, 30% in another collection, and a developer or buyer may sell the rest or keep the rest for promotional opportunities, etc. This might be why you go to book with Diamond, and they have no availability, but you can book through Hotels.com or one of the other sites. It doesn't seem to be consistent when booking a resort. Sometimes, the prices look really cheap to where having a timeshare might not make sense and other times, the prices are astronomical.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fortunately, we didn't need to pay $440/night to rent 2 nights. With 7 days to go, a booking opened up on DRI's web site, and I was able to book the 2 nights for 1000 points. Now nobody will have to sleep on our hide-a-bed. :)