• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Announces New Name for Marriott Rewards, it's real, announced this morning, BONVoY

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
http://news.marriott.com/2019/01/ma...t-bonvoy-the-new-name-of-its-loyalty-program/

https://meetmarriottbonvoy.marriott.com

BONVoY is the name of the new entity of all of Marriott International's brand loyalty programs, including, Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards. I tried to change the title of the thread to reflect that, but can't figure out how to do that.
As I said on Marriott Rewards Insiders
“I wonder how much the Marketing team are spending on this re-branding process v what benefit it will offer both them and all of us as members? ”

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
"Beginning on February 13, Marriott Rewards Moments and SPG Moments will become Marriott Bonvoy Moments"

Prior to this announcement, I didn't know we were having a Moment!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Or as Bugs Bunny used to say, "Bonvoy-ah-gee!"

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to seeing the 'off peak' time periods to see if I can take advantage of having a flexible travel schedule. That will help absorb all the increased point requirements. Hoping to save 5 or 10,000 Rewards points per night by traveling just after or before peak periods.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not defending this particular name but it is harder than it looks to develop new names that reflect the essence of the product as well as being easily Google-able / searchable online. This means that the name has to be somewhat unique but easy to remember and search.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
7FCB2F18-21DE-4903-98E2-90CD31E96750.jpeg

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This much be a precious moments or a special moments for someone?:doh::doh:

Much be a new word are they wishing hotel travelers a pleasant journey or a pleasant hotel stay.

What is the new website name?

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
The name change doesn't officially begin until February 13th, according to the Marriott Web site.
I'm not looking forward to it. It took forever to get my current status correct, so who knows how long it will take to get it correct in the new program. I still haven't been able to get my 5 SNA award.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Maybe they think they need to rebrand the program hoping people will forget about how disastrous the merger was?

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Good God, they actually paid someone to come up with that name? :rolleyes:
Probably the same firm that came up with World of Hyatt and their stupid elite tier names. Marriott Bonvoy is better than World of Hyatt but why not keep Marriott Rewards, which had real name recognition? (By way of analogy, American, United and Delta did not throw out their established loyalty program names just because they bought another airline and merged programs as a result.)

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably the same firm that came up with World of Hyatt and their stupid elite tier names. Marriott Bonvoy is better than World of Hyatt but why not keep Marriott Rewards, which had real name recognition? (By way of analogy, American, United and Delta did not throw out their established loyalty program names just because they bought another airline and merged programs as a result.)
I wish they would have spent the money on fixing their IT issues and training their staff regarding the benefits that members are supposed to receive. I worked in Marketing and know what these consultants typically charge and it isn't cheap. I doubt that they did much Marketing Research (except with Millennials) because I haven't yet spoken with anyone who likes the change.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
This. Exactly. They spent years building name recognition and loyalty with that name and now they just throw it out the window and start over? They have been totally conned by some marketing/advertising firm.

Not to mention the stupid new name.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the name. They can call it Loyalty Program for all I care, but I don't want to be a fancy name hiding the fact that it is worse than before.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the name change is in respect to the Marriott family who utilized customer and employee loyalty to build the franchise. The program and corporation no longer represent the Marriott family values and priorities.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't agree with the name change but my real question is what will it do "for the customer" ?

Before jumping down their throats for changing the name let's give them the benefit of the doubt and try and give it a month or two and see how things roll out.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

I agree 100%. I don't understand the need for a new brand. I understand they needed to eliminate SPG, but why not stick with Marriott Rewards? It describes what the program is much better than BONVoY does.

Your point about the airlines is perfect - and in the case of American, they didn't even buy US Airways, US Airways bought them and assumed the American Airlines name and kept the AAdvantage loyalty name.