• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deposit points into Wyndham rewards

Npat12

Reaction score
I was curious on how to go about converting are wyndham plus points into wyndham rewards. If it is even possible. My son has an out of town baseball tournament and was just going to use points to stay at the wyndham hotel. But I can't find anywhere where I am able to do that. Not sure I even can. I bought resell if that helps.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
It probably works out to about $400 night or more for a hotel that will only cost $150

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big scam and a lot of owners fall for it. Just another way to get into your pocket.

Last edited:

pricecb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just did an owner “update” and were given a pitch regarding Blue Thread. Although we have ability to convert points to rewards points already, this blue thread was made to sound different. Not sure if the conversion is 1to 1 (nothing was said and no one asked), but the price was 99 to do it and good for 4 years. But they seem to be trying to say that there are many options to use the rewards points for, including using at Wyndham resorts. The catch of course was there had to be a purchase. The new destinations changes have included this feature. Has anyone heard this pitch and what I’m missing here.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind who's speaking. The rule of thump is, if their lips are moving they are lying.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
The problem is, the conversion rate is 1000 wyndham points equals 400 wyndham rewards points. You need 15,000 wyndham rewards points to get one night in a 1 BR. So lets say you would like a long weekend of 3 nights using Wyndham rewards points. That would cost you 112,500 Wyndham points to get you the 45,000 Wyndham Rewards points you need for a 3 night stay in a 1 bedroom. If your maintenance fees are $6 per 1000 points That means the 3 night stay would cost you $675 Plus the $99.00 charge for doing the conversion, for a total of $774. I think you could do much better just using your Wyndham points. A 3 night Fri, Sat, Sun. stay at bonnet creek costs 86,000 points in prime time for a 1 bedroom. A lot less than the 112,500 it would cost to convert to WR. And you have to do it before your use year starts. Once converted they do last for 4 years. And you can only do it every other year.
So everything they told you was basically true. Just not at all worth it.