• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NOLA- Things not to Miss

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
If you are using Worldmark to stay at the Avenue Plaza, don't under any circumstances let anyone into your room. They are famous for their stealth WYNDHAM timeshare presentations.

We are staying at the WM there. But no worries. I made the mistake of letting a guy come into the room for an "Owner's Update" once, years ago, at the Grand Desert in Las Vegas. I practically had to throw the guy out. Never again. :)

Dave

WOW, so happy I don;t have to deal with that type of pressure at the QH

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The national parks in the city often have great, free programs, too—so be sure to check the schedule on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The national parks in the city often have great, free programs, too—so be sure to check the schedule on their website.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, I had no idea that NOLA had National Parks in the City, I just checked out the
New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service) website and I'm hopeful that I can take that tour when I'm there in a few weeks...

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
My husband grew up in NOLA and routinely says things like, "People who come to New Orleans and only visit the Quarter didn't visit New Orleans." The French Quarter is fun and should not be missed, BUT it's very much designed for tourists and does not give an authentic NOLA experience. But then I know other NOLA natives who say things like, "I'm glad the tourists stay in in the Quarter so they don't invade our spaces."

Reactions: DrQ

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're headed there in June to celebrate my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary (their choice--it's where they met and where my spouse was born.) The last time I was in NO in June, the heat index was 120 degrees. I swore never again! But the things one does for family, LOL!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There are street musicians all over the French Quarter. Usually quite a few in Jackson Square. Frenchmen Street has 4 to 6 places that play Jazz and Blues. This is where most of the locals go for music. Our favorite is The Spotted Cat. Only a few tables and chairs so get there early. No food only drinks. So they will let you bring food in.

There is 1 timeshare on Frenchmen Street with open decks with chairs facing the street on the 2nd and 3rd floors. We stayed there a week in October.

Here is one of the more unusual combos I've seen in N.O. They were in the plaza between Jackson Square and the Cathedral of St. Louis.
Kora.jpg
Kora combo.jpg

The young man is playing a kora, a 17 string instrument from West Africa, mostly Senegal. The group consists of kora, fiddle, alto sax, and drums.

The kora is in the first line of the lyrics of the Senegalese national anthem. "Pincez tous vos koras, frappez les balafons." More or less translated to, "Pluck your koras, strike the balafons."

Do a Google search for balafon. It's an odd, unwieldy-looking instrument.

TomR

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we go to New Orleans, we always have either a brunch or a lunch at Muriel’s. After we are through with the meal we take a drink upstairs to their balcony and grab a table and enjoy the sights below. You will be able to see the performers shown above from that balcony if you are there in the afternoon. We will be back there May.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where is the closest grocery store to Quarter House?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
It’s about 6 blocks. I carried a case of water back last time we were there, and I’d rather not try that again.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another question?
In the past I’ve taken a cab from the airport to QH.

I’m thinking of taking an Uber this time. I think it will be cheaper

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
My husband grew up in NOLA and routinely says things like, "People who come to New Orleans and only visit the Quarter didn't visit New Orleans." The French Quarter is fun and should not be missed, BUT it's very much designed for tourists and does not give an authentic NOLA experience. But then I know other NOLA natives who say things like, "I'm glad the tourists stay in in the Quarter so they don't invade our spaces."
My parent's attended a convention when I was 17 and as part of the day care we were treated to several days of seeing New Orleans from a more intimate view. I was old enough to appreciate the experience.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If you are going to Uber back there is a much larger Rouses at Baronne and St. Girod. The one on Royale is smaller and has very narrow aisles.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
Heading to NOLA today and just in time, my area has just been issued a winter weather advisory in Southeast Michigan from 2 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, the National Weather Service announced. About 3 to 6 inches of snowfall is expected tomorrow....
Hi sugarcubesea...dont forget to take and share pics of your units interior and views from windows. Didnt you say there was a private courtyard bridge you walked over to get to your room door? Happy time!

TomR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rouses is a great little store, but if you need some basics like bottled water, Walgreens is about a 5 minute walk from the Quarter House.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Remember to get muffulettas at Central Grocery for lunch . Great tasting.

Greg

Eating lunch here right now with the family. We ordered the whole and since it’s cut in 4, it worked out perfectly for our group

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rouses is a great little store, but if you need some basics like bottled water, Walgreens is about a 5 minute walk from the Quarter House.

I bought our Jazzy Passes from here. Thanks for the help

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sipping on my Hurricane from the “Big Easy” and watching the last 1:49 of the Saints / Rams game.

Life is good

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh! Sadly, not so good for the Saints tonight. Hopefully the Chiefs do better!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For MLK Day, we are touring the WW2 Museum. Wow, got her right when it opened and it’s now almost 4:00pm and I’m exhausted . Ready for my nap.

I really enjoyed this visit and I can’t believe how much I enjoyed the movie.