• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite nights are gone?

blondietink

Reaction score
I just went into my Marriott account to see if I had finally received any credit for our stay at Vistana Villages last October, plus our 2 night stay at a Marriott hotel at the end of December. It still lists that we are Gold Elite, but there are no nights listed at all anywhere. No yearly nights credit nor lifetime nights. Gone, all gone. I realize that both of those stays were in 2018, but shouldn't they show up as lifetime nights somewhere? In the activity section it does list my 2 nights at the Marriott, but nothing asunder nights credited.

Are they messing with the website again?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How do you know the LT nights are gone? They don't really show up anywhere except in the accumulated lifetime nights. They would disappear now for 2019 as last year's nights won't count toward this year's status.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
I have a similar issue. Over New Year’s when the 2018 stays were zeroed out for 2019, My lifetime total dropped from 690 nights to 410 nights. I had a feeling there might be a problem and luckily, for some reason, a few weeks ago I took screenshots of my account. I still haven’t called in, I’m waiting to see if my 15 nights off the credit card show up, which they haven’t yet.

blondietink

Reaction score
How do you know the LT nights are gone? They don't really show up anywhere except in the accumulated lifetime nights. They would disappear now for 2019 as last year's nights won't count toward this year's status.

There is nothing showing up in the accumulated lifetime nights at all.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
BTW, has anyone received their 15 nights off the credit card yet?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I have a similar issue. Over New Year’s when the 2018 stays were zeroed out for 2019, My lifetime total dropped from 690 nights to 410 nights. I had a feeling there might be a problem and luckily, for some reason, a few weeks ago I took screenshots of my account. I still haven’t called in, I’m waiting to see if my 15 nights off the credit card show up, which they haven’t yet.

My lifetime numbers were reduced when my accounts were combined, and they still haven’t fixed it even though I reported the problem months ago. I also have screenshots.

They’re really screwed up the integration, to no ones surprise outside corporate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
No for me and i have 3 cards they could pull that from....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe that they will not show up until February and a total of 15 Elite Night awarded no matter how many credit cards you have (not 15 elite nights per credit card)

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Totally understand that!

In the old (SPG) days the card generated nights and stays would have posted already.

They can't seem to get the 50 night SNA upgrade chouce working and I have 2 stays that I wasn't able to apply them to.

Wonder what they will break next.....

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
BTW, has anyone received their 15 nights off the credit card yet?

No for me and i have 3 cards they could pull that from....

I believe that they will not show up until February and a total of 15 Elite Night awarded no matter how many credit cards you have (not 15 elite nights per credit card)
Elite nights from the credit card don't show up until or after the anniversary date of your card. So if your card anniversary is late in the year, you won't get them till late in the year.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Elite nights from the credit card don't show up until or after the anniversary date of your card. So if your card anniversary is late in the year, you won't get them till late in the year.

I don't believe that is correct, at least for the SPG Amex. Its T&C state the 15 Elite Night Credits will be posted prior to March 1 if the credit card was active as of December 31, 2018. If the card was approved January 1, 2019 or later, the T&C state the credits will be posted within 60 days of card approval.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't believe that is correct, at least for the SPG Amex. Its T&C state the 15 Elite Night Credits will be posted prior to March 1 if the credit card was active as of December 31, 2018. If the card was approved January 1, 2019 or later, the T&C state the credits will be posted within 60 days of card approval.
You are right. I think I always thought they posted based on anniversary since both my wife and my cards have a February anniversary.

Marriott Premier Credit Card from Chase T&C
Each calendar year a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to one of your Marriott Loyalty Program accounts operated by Marriott International (i.e., Marriott Rewards®, Starwood Preferred Guest® or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®) (the “Marriott Loyalty Program”) on or before March 1 in accordance with the Marriott Loyalty Program terms and conditions. To qualify for the 15 Elite Night credits, you must be the primary cardmember and your credit card account must be open and not in default as of December 31 of the prior year and you must be a member in good standing with the Marriott Loyalty Program.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thd free night anniversary bonus is what posts after the card anniversary date.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't figured out yet how to get Marriott elite credit for my VSE stays. Am I still able to request credit for my 2018 stays? And, if I have enough, do I get status that last through 2019?

Also, how do I request the elite credit in my Marriott Reward account?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I haven't figured out yet how to get Marriott elite credit for my VSE stays. Am I still able to request credit for my 2018 stays? And, if I have enough, do I get status that last through 2019?

Also, how do I request the elite credit in my Marriott Reward account?

You can only request night credit for VSE stays that occurred after August 18, 2018.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can only request night credit for VSE stays that occurred after August 18, 2018.
Thanks -- that sounds fine. How do I request the credit?

Also, if an owner rents out a home resort reservation, does the stay still count a lite nights for the owner? Maybe it counts only if the guest doesn't provide a Marriott Rewards number at check-in?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks -- that sounds fine. How do I request the credit?

Also, if an owner rents out a home resort reservation, does the stay still count a lite nights for the owner? Maybe it counts only if the guest doesn't provide a Marriott Rewards number at check-in?
You won't be able to request credit for stays where you did not physically occupy the villa. So if you rented out a week, the person you rented it to may have added their Bonvoy number to the reservation to get credit, you can not. Even if they didn't, you don't technically qualify. However, if your number was attached to the reservation, it is possible to have gotten credit if the renter did not add their number. But after the fact, you don't qualify.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
You won't be able to request credit for stays where you did not physically occupy the villa. So if you rented out a week, the person you rented it to may have added their Bonvoy number to the reservation to get credit, you can not. Even if they didn't, you don't technically qualify. However, if your number was attached to the reservation, it is possible to have gotten credit if the renter did not add their number. But after the fact, you don't qualify.
Dioxide45, thank you very much.

How does one attach a number to a reservation? Does one phone the resort front desk, and ask them to add one's Marriott number to the reservation? Or, does this involve contacting Marriott or Vistana (perhaps online?) instead of the resort?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Dioxide45, thank you very much.

How does one attach a number to a reservation? Does one phone the resort front desk, and ask them to add one's Marriott number to the reservation? Or, does this involve contacting Marriott or Vistana (perhaps online?) instead of the resort?
THe problem with reservations made on Vistana.com, is that you don't get a Marriott confirmation number. So you can really only add your Bonvoy number at checkin. However, if your Bonvoy number is already attached to your profile on Vistana.com (you bought direct), then your number should already be attached.

However, when we checked in to Lagunamar a week ago I asked if I could attach my Bonvoy number and it was already on the reservation. We bought resale and as far as I know my number is not in my profile on Vistana.com.

They key is just to make sure it is on the reservation by the time you checkout so you get credit.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
However, when we checked in to Lagunamar a week ago I asked if I could attach my Bonvoy number and it was already on the reservation. We bought resale and as far as I know my number is not in my profile on Vistana.com.

They try to automatically match your name to an account ahead of time. It’s not always correct. I had problems a few years ago where some of my reservations weren’t crediting properly even though they told me upon checkin that they had my number because they pulled someone else’s number in and not mine. I was told they were improving the system to not only check name but also address (you’d think they would have done that originally, but no...).

Yes, you should not only verify that they have an account number but also insist they review your number to verify it is correct.

Of course, all this is for the Starwood system...not sure if it’s applicable to Marriott. It’s really disappointing we have to worry about such things.

And...I still haven’t received credit for a stay at end of August even after a few emails. And, my lifetime number of nights was arbitrarily reduced and they haven’t responded about that... what a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk