• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bad Redweek Experience

kbuckmaster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Normally our experiences with Redweek.com are fairly positive but I ran into a really frustrating problem yesterday while attempting to rent a week that they had listed.

The week we were after was in Hawaii and it was being handled by a Redweek.com for the owner. We had several questions that were handled by the Redweek’s staff. We offered a lower price and the owner accepted. Rather than giving us the opportunity to book at the lower agreed upon price Redweek lowered the price on the website and emailed me and told me to go to the link and book the reservation. They even said “congratulations“.

Within a few minutes of receiving the email from the Redweek person I went to book the week and it was gone. After many emails and a discussion with a supervisor they said that’s just how it works and we have no recourse.

I can’t tell you how frustrating it was to get through the process of getting questions answered by the owner and coming up with an agreed upon price that was basically offered up to the whole world to rent at before I even had a chance to book it. Has anyone ever experienced this with Redweek.com?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Sorry...

But I would be complaining loudly...

Until redweek compensated me something for my troubles.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just wrong, keep complaining, they need to fix their procedure,

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
FWIW, I experienced the same thing on Poshmark (resale platform for clothing). If you negotiate the price, anyone who is watching that item gets an email notification that the price has dropped. You have to be right on it to finalize the purchase. I suppose that it's a software limitation.

Re:Redweek - they should figure something out to allow for safe negotiating. That's not right. I would escalate this issue.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will never use the redweek rental service. If I'm renting a week, I only respond to ads that aren't redweek managed. I've had too many headaches with redweek when using their services. They are great for advertising, and for renting / purchasing directly from owners. But trying to rent or purchase through their services is ALWAYS a headache!

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will never use the redweek rental service. If I'm renting a week, I only respond to ads that aren't redweek managed. I've had too many headaches with redweek when using their services. They are great for advertising, and for renting / purchasing directly from owners. But trying to rent or purchase through their services is ALWAYS a headache!

Yes, I also bypass those listings that indicate it's being handled by Redweek. Too many folks have posted about issues with this service. I want to directly work with owners to ask questions, and if necessary to negotiate on pricing.