• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Upgrade and Unwrap 50,000 Bonus Points" Email

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just upgraded to the new card. I called in even though I did not receive the promo in the mail.

I guess the difference is how valuable are more points vs suite upgrades or another gift. I think we can reach at least 50 nights a year to get one choice benefit. Maybe we can reach 75 but not sure. As a Platinum Premier Elite member, we might get suite upgrades anyway, I hope.

The new card will be awarding 15 Elite nights each year per account. Before, they allowed 15 Elite nights per card type i.e. 15 for business card and 15 for personal card. They automatically upgraded all business cards to the new card with no points offer so I lost that benefit already.

One nice thing about the new card is you get a free night worth 35K points. The old card is only 25K. I forgot to ask if this is per card or per account. I guess I will find out in the new year.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I upgraded today by phone and the 50K points already posted without making purchase. The CSR said the CC# would stay the same but the exp date and security code may change...she wasn't sure. She said to keep using the old card until the new arrives and the benefits of the new card program would apply. Also, the new annual fee would be prorated with a credit for the unexpired portion of the old fee; the anniversary date would also change.
The points will take a few days after statement close for them to post. You should see them in the next day or so.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it via email.
Same here. Just did it yesterday and prepaid a small portion of my Marriott fees to count as the single charge. It wouldn't let me do it online so I had to call. First call I was told I had to wait for a new card and it wouldn't arrive in time but thanks to this thread, I knew that wasn't others experience so I called back and was given different and likely more accurate information since the number does not change. We'd held out partly because of the nights credit for charges but we haven't used the card routinely, using our Chase Sapphire as our main card. We did get the SPG card too and later in the year we'll determine whether to keep that one (we likely won't but add a second sapphire card at $75).

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
One nice thing about the new card is you get a free night worth 35K points. The old card is only 25K. I forgot to ask if this is per card or per account. I guess I will find out in the new year.

Although the 15 nights are now 1 per account, the free night is per paid annual fee. So I still expect one through my SPG Amex and one through the Chase Marriott.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Although the 15 nights are now 1 per account, the free night is per paid annual fee. So I still expect one through my SPG Amex and one through the Chase Marriott.

That is good to know. Hopefully I will get 2 free nights. There are some nice hotels that cost 35K points so I like this benefit. The 25K free night is hard for me to use. I have one available now and I can’t find a hotel I would really want to stay in at that category.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking to the diminished value of the MR points. The deals are harder to come by, but they are still out there. I just used 105K points to get a room for my daughter and two friends this past weekend, including New Years Eve, at the Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square. The rate would have been over $700/nt with a total of about $2500.

Queen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sad to say that we Canadians do not get these offers. Since Chase closed out of Canada I have tried getting the US Card but was denied each time due to no credit information for me on the US side. I wished Marriott/Chase would do something to accommodate us Canadians. I have other US cards.

applepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts US Collection
The Chase Sapphire card is 60,000 points if you spend $4K with a $95 fee annually. That equated to $750 in travel dollars. I've spent $60K in the last few months including charging Diamond Resorts $16K. Travel gives you 2 points, and most others 1 point. The website says I have 135K points, but it translates to almost $2K dollars that I can spend on travel. I charge groceries, gas, restaurants, travel, almost everything to this card. I pay it off every month. In the case of the $16K, I transferred to 2 zero interest credit cards. Diamond Resorts also has a credit card that gives you free points. The problem is that they aren't the same points you get with your travel club memberships. They are reward points that probably only equate to a travel discount or couple of days of hotel or something. And, putting your down payment on it didn't help when I was going to buy the 30K points.

After a year, I have enough travel points through Chase that I can likely get 4 round trip airfares out of it for my husband and I, but the trick is that you use it through their website. Travel costs are higher than if I booked myself. I'll just save it up for something expensive in the future. Not aware of any cancellations.