• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa del Palmar Flamingos Nuevo Vallarta

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I got a week here in a 1 bedroom through II accommodation certificate. Has anyone stayed here recently? What is it like? Any recommendations for what building or unit numbers would have good ocean views?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Have not stayed there -
It has a very good reputation .
I believe it is newer than the PV Villa locations.

It is closer to Bucerias then Vidanta or Paradise Village .

I am sure some TUG members / Villa owners who regularly go there can give you more details

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I got a week here in a 1 bedroom through II accommodation certificate. Has anyone stayed here recently? What is it like? Any recommendations for what building or unit numbers would have good ocean views?

All of the one bedroom units have a view with most having an ocean view, some better than others. Many of the studios are kind of in corners with resort views. If your doing a II certificate your room priority is low meaning you will likely be placed in building 2 , which isn't bad. I like the higher floors of building 2. My favorite locations are building 1 and 3 close to the ocean.

This is one of my favorite resorts for many reasons. We only go in the winter. The area is too hot and humid from May through September for us.

Bill

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you like Flamingos? It was probably really hot in July? We go there every year but we go in Feb/Mar.
It's our favorite resort so hope you had a good time there. What restaurants did you find that you liked?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill, Are you going next Feb? We aren't booked yet but hope to go in Feb. We might have seen each other
but did not know it? We'll have to look for you in 2019.

I'm not sure. Haven't made any UVC or February plans for 2019 yet. In 2018 I started trading my UVC for other destinations like Southern California and Arizona. We did make it to Flamigos last January and Loreto last October. I really like Flamingos so maybe I'll see you there.

Bill

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you go to Flamingos Nuevo. Maybe we can meet up.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will do. :thumbup:

Bill

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the wifi work well in the rooms here? Also, does anyone know if this resort charge II exchangers for wifi?

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Does the wifi work well in the rooms here? Also, does anyone know if this resort charge II exchangers for wifi?
Great question. I would also like to know this.
I just traded into a 2+3.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
Great question. I would also like to know this.
I just traded into a 2+3.
I know that with Villa del Palmar in town (not Flamingos), you have to pay for Wi-Fi if you are there via an Interval International Getaway week or an RCI exchange. I've never done an Interval International exchange. My assumption is that it would be the same for Interval International exchanges. It's frustrating for me to stay via a Getaway week or an RCI Exchange and have to pay for Wi-Fi when I own FOUR weeks at the resort! It has been several years since I exchanged into Villa del Palmar Flamingos, and I don't remember whether or not they charged for Wi-Fi at THAT resort when you exchange in. My guess would be they do.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Just returned from VDPF in NV/Bucerias. Wifi is $10/day per device. Slow wifi is free in the Lobby.
Made for a relaxing, unplugged vacation, opting not to pay the $10/day per device. Tried to connect to Verizon for the $5 per day, but couldnt find Verizon network on property, but didnt try that hard.

Thought VDP Flamingos was a great property! Great beach with swimmable water. Mega or Comer markets were $5 taxi cab away so stocked up on beer, water and breakfast foods. Food was ok on property, usual fare, nothing spectacular. Didnt venture off property.