• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Confused about HGVC booking window. Please help!

magicjourney

Reaction score
As a long time Marriott owner, I am a little bit confused about HGVC reservation.
1. I booked my home week early this year for 3/2019, but have to cancel it due to plan change. After cancellation, I found I can't book home resort at 9-12 month anymore, for Oct, Nov, Dec 2019. Is the home privilege just one time thing?
2. In Marriott system, if you input your desired check-in date, the reservation calendar can tell you on what date you need to make a reservation. For HGVC, you have to count 365/276 days by yourself? It's tricky to me especially when Feb is included. Sorry about my bad math. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I booked my home week early this year for 3/2019, but have to cancel it due to plan change. After cancellation, I found I can't book home resort at 9-12 month anymore, for Oct, Nov, Dec 2019. Is the home privilege just one time thing?

No, you will have home week advantage back. Oct/Nov/Dec may be the wrong season for what you own. What do you own? Resort/Season/unit?

To figure out 276 days, I use https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html.

magicjourney

Reaction score
No, you will have home week advantage back. Oct/Nov/Dec may be the wrong season for what you own. What do you own? Resort/Season/unit?

To figure out 276 days, I use https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html.

The calendar tool is very helpful. Thanks!

I own 2bdr plat at lagoon tower. It should be week 1-18, 23-35, 42-52. The book tool says "outside booking window of 12/20/2018-9/21/2019. Booking home resort, visit your dashboard". The dashboard however shows "No longer eligible - Points used for a Club Booking or Point Transaction".

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The calendar tool is very helpful. Thanks!

I own 2bdr plat at lagoon tower. It should be week 1-18, 23-35, 42-52. The book tool says "outside booking window of 12/20/2018-9/21/2019. Booking home resort, visit your dashboard". The dashboard however shows "No longer eligible - Points used for a Club Booking or Point Transaction".

Sounds like you used those points to book another reservation. What do you already have booked. Is there still inventory in what you booked? If so cancel that booking free up the points that go with you LT, book LT then rebook your other booking.

If there is NO inventory for your original booking, call and ask a VC to help you.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Agree with Sandy VDH, you can also check your dashboard (home screen) to see how many 2019 points you have. You need to have enough points in 2019 to book your Home Week reservation.

If you cancel, then the points should have returned to 2019 bucket. If they didn't and you didn't use them in another reservation, then you need to call reservations.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
BTW, some of us long-time owners have never made a H-Week booking.
... Cannot use borrowed or saved points, must be for same season & size.
Check-in's only on resorts' weekly check-in days. Where's the fun in that?

If needed to get your desired destination, I get that. Just not my cup of tea.