• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Experienced Mediterranean travelers?

hpy2go

Reaction score
Perhaps TUGgers might have some experience that could help me out...

We're taking advantage of our last travel package in May. We're flying to Athens, spending a night somewhere in Athens, before heading to Crete for a week. I've built in a travel day before heading to Son Antem for a week. Then we have a few extra days before flying home from Madrid.

So, I need to get "local" flights between Athens and CHQ, CHQ-to-somewhere, then a day later to Mallorca, then Mallorca to Madrid. I'll be using MR points for the stays in Athens, Madrid and the "other" night.

Does anyone have experiences doing those kind of flights? Airlines?

Recommendation for the day between Crete and Mallorca as a stopover (including reasonable flights)?

I figure a few days (and two nights) in Madrid might be a good place to use those Suite nights.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks!

Mahou

Reaction score
Hi
getting from Crete to Spain is a challenge and you may have a long day or choose a stop over. I would choose Vienna as my stop over if you have never been to Vienna. I feast for your eyes and great food. The Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel, is a great place to stay.
Laudamotion fly from CHQ to VIE and VIE to PMI, I am not sure which days they fly on, but it should be easy to find out on their website. PMI to wonderful Madrid should be easy as there are flights every hour or so

hpy2go

Reaction score
Hi
getting from Crete to Spain is a challenge and you may have a long day or choose a stop over. I would choose Vienna as my stop over if you have never been to Vienna. I feast for your eyes and great food. The Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel, is a great place to stay.
Laudamotion fly from CHQ to VIE and VIE to PMI, I am not sure which days they fly on, but it should be easy to find out on their website. PMI to wonderful Madrid should be easy as there are flights every hour or so
Thanks much!!! :thumbup:

I didn't think of a day in Vienna, but that sounds pretty nice!!!!

That's the beauty of the TUG community...

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
For your extra night or two before Madrid, I would spend them IN Madrid! We were there for three nights (two days) before we flew home and both often comment that we wish it had been longer and that we will plan to go back one day. If you do, take the hop on hop off bus for the full tour to get an idea of what you want to see and THEN do the hop on hop off thing. And the city is vibrant at night too!

hpy2go

Reaction score
For your extra night or two before Madrid, I would spend them IN Madrid! We were there for three nights (two days) before we flew home and both often comment that we wish it had been longer and that we will plan to go back one day. If you do, take the hop on hop off bus for the full tour to get an idea of what you want to see and THEN do the hop on hop off thing. And the city is vibrant at night too!
Absolutely. We're definitely spending a couple days in Madrid before returning. Flights home are already booked from MAD. We've never been in Madrid and are really looking forward to a short visit.

I want to book at a Marriott downtown Madrid. Somewhere that we can walk around and feel the vibe. Looking forward to food and culture!! There seem to be some Marriott options that will fit that bill.

Done Barcelona a few times. Really, really liked Marbella and Malaga. Its time for a taste of Madrid. Maybe next time we do Marbella we'll do a few more days there.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
For travel logistics, check out Rome2Rio. You put in your starting point and ending point and they give you all of your options. Here are your first two points https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Athens/Chania-Airport-CHQ I know nothing about Greece so my info may or may not be helpful, but I use this website all the time to see what my options are when traveling to a new area. You can get very specific and put an exact address in the search boxes.