• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bad luck, II

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
i posted in October that everything is going wrong with house and cars
In October the dishwasher wouldn’t work. The company that i have a home repair warranty with ordered a new part and back in October, took the dishwasher to install the part, I got it back last Friday, supposedly repaired with four new parts. I loaded it up. You can hear it running but no water is coming into dishwasher,and you can watch the water running into the sink drain and the garbage disposal. The repairman is coming back Friday to look at it and I would appreciate suggestions on things that he should check. Remember this dishwasher was only used ten months.
Next I had granite countertops installed end oh January 2017. The sink has disconnected from the counter. The company wants to charge me $350 plus I need to hire a plumber to reconnect everything and have to pay them before they will give me an appointment to fix it. I reported them to better business bureau and meanwhile hired another contractor. Last week he made an appointment to fix it today. But today called and cancelled.
I have had no dishwasher for two months, we have a timeshare scheduled for next week, so anything that will get done won’t be done til after Christmas. This plus other problems has really gotten me down, could use some suggestions

I wanted to add, they tested the dishwasher at their facility, so it has to be a problem with the installation

Last edited:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the dishwasher when you visit timeshare and dont think about your stuff until you return. Also, think of those who lost everything in Paradise CA fire -- and put your troubles into perspective.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the dishwasher when you visit timeshare and dont think about your stuff until you return. Also, think of those who lost everything in Paradise CA fire -- and put your troubles into perspective.
You are right of course, and I can afford to replace and fix things. I just want it done.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
If there is water being discharged into the garbage disposal, the passage to the sprayers or a valve that switches the flow to the sprayers is not working.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am sorry you are going through this. I unfortunately can't help you with plumbing but shame the repairman for not testing it before he left last week and on that contractor for this horrendous job he did with your counter! Sounds like a disaster. I would be livid!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
In October the dishwasher wouldn’t work. The company that i have a home repair warranty with ordered a new part and back in October, took the dishwasher to install the part, I got it back last Friday, supposedly repaired with four new parts. I loaded it up. You can hear it running but no water is coming into dishwasher,and you can watch the water running into the sink drain and the garbage disposal. The repairman is coming back Friday to look at it and I would appreciate suggestions on things that he should check. Remember this dishwasher was only used ten months.
Next I had granite countertops installed end oh January 2017. The sink has disconnected from the counter. The company wants to charge me $350 plus I need to hire a plumber to reconnect everything and have to pay them before they will give me an appointment to fix it. I reported them to better business bureau and meanwhile hired another contractor. Last week he made an appointment to fix it today. But today called and cancelled.
I have had no dishwasher for two months, we have a timeshare scheduled for next week, so anything that will get done won’t be done til after Christmas. This plus other problems has really gotten me down, could use some suggestions

I wanted to add, they tested the dishwasher at their facility, so it has to be a problem with the installation
Go enjoy your vacation and forget about it until you get home. Once you get to the timeshare you will feel better. Eventually it will all get fixed. Even though it’s aggregating and a pain not to have your dishwasher to use it is small in the scheme of things. Where are you going? Start focusing on your wonderful vacation.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been dealing with Lowe's since January on a warranty issue. The floor is finally being replaced Monday! So it is not worth it to me to put up a Christmas tree this year. I feel your aggravation. I swear the Lowe's representatives wanted me to give up. That is not my personality.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
For every bad thing that happens may many good things happen. This seems to be how it works, for me anyway, after counting the blessings. So, Good Luck !!!!

Bill

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I've been dealing with Lowe's since January on a warranty issue. The floor is finally being replaced Monday! So it is not worth it to me to put up a Christmas tree this year. I feel your aggravation. I swear the Lowe's representatives wanted me to give up. That is not my personality.

Me neither. One thing about me is I am persistent. It is disgusting today how these companies want to wear people down so they will go away. Too bad this is what you have to go through to try to get anything fixed.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ernest Hemingway said...

"Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Go enjoy yourself.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Not sure if this applies, but some water supplies could have anti-flow valves installed...purpose it to stop major failures/leak. They do not look much different than the standard valve or line. Turning the supply water off, releasing any pressure up stream and then slowly opening would cure that problem if that is the case.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been able to repair my dishwasher three times; each time the problems were severe enough for me to begin pricing a replacement. However, I researched the problems and repaired it myself. Same for our refrigerator, I've made repairs to it on 3 separate occasions also. I've repaired my oven most recently, and was convinced it was beyond repair. I was wrong - the repair was simple, and inexpensive. In each of these, the 'fixes' were inexpensive parts, and relatively simple repairs requiring minimal hand tools. In every one of these failures and subsequent fixes, simple web searches and YouTube saved the day.

Having said this, the best advice I can offer the OP is to research your product purchases and contractors a bit more. A dishwasher that fails in 10 months is not typical of a top rated dishwasher, unless it was misused. A sink that fails adhesion from a countertop screams an incompetent installation. What rating was this installer? Were they referred to you by a close friend with other positive references?

Bottom line - appliances fail and misc. problems arise in life. It is incumbent on us to minimize these, and the good ole web is there to help you. Best of luck with this set of problems.

Addendum: I feel for you. If you lived next door, I'd be over in a few minutes to help you sort this stuff out. Btw, sink plumbing is a breeze. If this simple minded medical guy can handle it, anyone can. Discover YouTube, but for repairs. ;)

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The repairman just left, can’t figure out what is wrong. I will hear from them on Monday. They may want whirlpool to come out and run diagnostic. They replaced five parts already.
The contractor cancelled on me, and I have to call to reschedule fixing my sink
The installer responded to my bbb complaint by saying they offered to do the job for $175, I would need a plumber to reconnect at at least $125 additional cost and their policy is to expect payment before scheduling. They installed it fine, I put too much weight in sink. This is their claim, and it is ridiculous. They know this somehow without even looking at the sink. It was a waste of time to file with the bbb. Hopefully I can find someone else who will fix it.

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Good repair people and great trades people are very important. An asset for sure once you get them.

Thankfully I have 3 or 4 dishwashers that do not break down. Although at the beach house if I am there by myself I probably will have to do them or they would sit in the sink for a few days.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am wanting to get a new DW. Mine is 13 years old but works just fine, even great, but it's black, and it's hard to keep clean. One issue I have with my DW is the racks just aren't good for the size of my dishes, specifically our cereal/soup bowls. They are deep and tall, and so they don't stack efficiently into the slots for them. Next time I buy a DW, I am taking my bowls with me to see how they fit, and also our dinner plates because they are deeper than most, so they require more space than the ones that are flatter.

I would buy a Maytag again. I have only had 3 dishwashers in 40 years of living here. The first was a Kitchen Aid, and last two were Maytag. The Kitchen Aid was my worst experience, and I think it was our hard water. The second Maytag lasted a very long time. I think I only spend $350 on this last Maytag.

I am sorry you are having so many issues with your repairs. Some repairmen are lax and just don't care.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I am wanting to get a new DW. Mine is 13 years old but works just fine, even great, but it's black, and it's hard to keep clean. One issue I have with my DW is the racks just aren't good for the size of my dishes...

As we all know, "DW" is often used in these forums as "Dear Wife", and without looking who posted, I started reading Cindy's post with that in my mind.

Now go ahead and re-read the quote above using "Dear Wife" for "DW". I nearly fell off my chair!!! :eek::eek::D:D:D

I guess I must be in a silly mood today...

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As we all know, "DW" is often used in these forums as "Dear Wife", and without looking who posted, I started reading Cindy's post with that in my mind...

My DW is a lot older than 13. She came with the house.
There were some issues. Once, the rack fell off the rollers.
But she still works fine. So, for now, I think I'll keep her.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
The installer responded to my bbb complaint by saying they offered to do the job for $175, I would need a plumber to reconnect at at least $125 additional cost and their policy is to expect payment before scheduling. They installed it fine, I put too much weight in sink. They know this somehow without even looking at the sink.

When I read your original post, I had wondered if this was the case. I couldn't see how a professionally installed sink could fail in less than 2 years. OK, now I'll ask: did you by any chance stand in it? If you didn't stand in it, curiosity begs to ask, what did you put in the sink that is that heavy? Finally, why in the Wide Wide World of Sports would you file a complaint with the BBB for failing your own sink by placing something so heavy, you failed it?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My dishes and silverware are apparently too heavy. The part quoted is their words, not mine. They are quite insistent that they are not at fault but if I pay for a service call, They will tell me why it failed.
I can not even get up on the kitchen counter, let alone stand in the sink.
I have been using a sink a very long time as my mother made me wash dishes at age four. So that makes seventy years of using a sinkwith no problem. To top it off, this is second home and we also eat out a few times a week.
There stand is not their fault, period.
The repairman who came today for the dishwasher said he never saw anything like it, obviously installed incorrectly.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
An appliance store that advertises a lot is on the way to the timeshare. I am going to stop in and order a dishwasher tomorrow. I think I will try a Bosch this time as whirlpool wasn’t too good. They say not to use ge, but the previous one lasted 19 years and it was the builders model. I won’t use Lowe’s again.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
The repairman just left, can’t figure out what is wrong. I will hear from them on Monday. They may want whirlpool to come out and run diagnostic. They replaced five parts already.
The installer responded to my bbb complaint by saying they offered to do the job for $175, I would need a plumber to reconnect at at least $125 additional cost and their policy is to expect payment before scheduling. They installed it fine, I put too much weight in sink. This is their claim, and it is ridiculous. They know this somehow without even looking at the sink. It was a waste of time to file with the bbb. Hopefully I can find someone else who will fix it.
BBB is a waste of time. Contact the Wisconsin Department of Consumer Protection.(If I remember correctly you are in WI.) Have all of your documentation handy. Better chance of something happening than with the BBB. BBB is a business, not a government agency.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
An appliance store that advertises a lot is on the way to the timeshare. I am going to stop in and order a dishwasher tomorrow. I think I will try a Bosch this time as whirlpool wasn’t too good. They say not to use ge, but the previous one lasted 19 years and it was the builders model. I won’t use Lowe’s again.
LOVE:) my Bosch. I have two, loved the first one so much I decided to put it in my bar and got one with a third rack for the kitchen. So quiet you won't know it's running!!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phydreax you really make some bad Assumptions about me. My husband has Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. I am having a very bad time. I don’t need your comments. Do you really think that I would stand in my sink and then file a complaint with the bbb. You assume I am an idiot, you earlier said I didn’t research enough. Funny, I went to doctor today and he went on and on about the same type of problems. Not everything is my fault.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
As we all know, "DW" is often used in these forums as "Dear Wife", and without looking who posted, I started reading Cindy's post with that in my mind.

Now go ahead and re-read the quote above using "Dear Wife" for "DW". I nearly fell off my chair!!! :eek::eek::D:D:D

I guess I must be in a silly mood today...

Kurt

My DW is a lot older than 13. She came with the house.
There were some issues. Once, the rack fell off the rollers.
But she still works fine. So, for now, I think I'll keep her.

:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D