• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Reservations no longer on Marriott.com?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I noticed about three days ago that my Vistana reservations are no longer on Marriott.com. Even though the reservation on Marriott.com never provided any information, it was nice that everything was in one place.

Has anyone else had their Vistana reservations disappear from Marriott.com?

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed about three days ago that my Vistana reservations are no longer on Marriott.com. Even though the reservation on Marriott.com never provided any information, it was nice that everything was in one place.

I just checked and my WMH reservation for March is still there, however my WKORV reservation in May is not showing up any longer.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
My WLR in February is there but my week 51/52 is not. (It is on the Vistana site)

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
Stay at Nanea and WKORVN are both still showing.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I noticed this the other day and just checked again. Our WKV stay starting tomorrow is no longer listed. I suspect this a continuation of their IT issues. I know that they are still expecting us.

Best regards.

Mike

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Our Sheraton Mountain Vista stay in February is there.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It looks like it is hit or miss. All eight of my Vistana reservations, mixture of Home Resort and StarOptions, are missing from Marriott.com. They are still showing on the Vistana website.

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
My WKORV reservation in April/May 2019 no longer listed at Marriott - All good on Vistana site...

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
None of mine upcoming reservations at VSN resorts are at Marriott. No surprise here. They still haven’t credited me my stays from August and they reduced the number of lifetime nights on my account with the merger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
WDW Mar 2019 SO booking still shows

SVR autobooking for Oct 2020 still shows

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I had 2 WLR reservations that showed and they are now gone. Like Ken I am also missing nights credit. I’ve sent in the form request and attached the folio but no update has occurred.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Our WKORVN reservation is there however it is broken into 2 reservations: 1 bedroom and a Studio Villa. It shows "Owner Bloc" on both and there is a zero charge on the studio; but a $2200 charge on the 1 bedroom. I am assuming that I should ignore this since everything is correct in the Vistana system.

Does this mean that the reservation will get automatic elite night credit? or do we still need to provide an SPG/Marriott number when we check in?

Also wondering if Vistana owners will now have access to 5 night travel certificates now that we are recognized as TS owners in the Marriott system?

Last edited:

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
Not on the Marriott app, and not on the SPG app also, though they are pretty much the same thing now. I know my old ones were there, but after I cancelled/rebooked with minor date changes, the new aren't there now. But the old ones show up in the "cancelled" reservations. All good at Vistana.

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
I had the same issue with a May 2019 SO reservation at Westin KORVN. I contacted Marriott and Vistana regarding the issue and they confirmed that a new loyalty number was issued to me that was different from my Marriott and old SPG Rewards numbers. The new loyalty number was associated with my Vistana Account. I made certain that Vistana updated their records to reflect the proper Marriott Rewards number. The Vistana representative could not change the new loyalty number on the existing reservation but confirmed that it was linked to my Marriott rewards number. She then contacted the resort to confirm that the correct Marriott number was associated with the reservation. She stated that it was a glitch in the system and that should not happen with future reservations. She also stated that I should always confirm my rewards number when I arrive at a resort just to be certain that I receive credit for the stay.

maph

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Marriott Rewards account is now showing most (but not all) of my Vistana reservations as being 'Cancelled', under the 'Cancelled' tab for upcoming reservations. Does anyone know what's going on? They still show up on the Vistana website.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
As I checked in at two resorts in the last week both showed up online once they had my Marriott number. I already received credit for the StarOptions stay for the first visit. I’m now on an II exchange and it also shows up online, and I’ll check next week to see if it also gives credit, though I suspect so since it’s now obviously linked.

This still doesn’t explain why I didn’t receive credit (or any points) for my WDW StarOption stay in August (after the system merger) nor why they would say that stay did not qualify. I will need to call and discuss with them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blahblah18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott remains a big, fat, stinking mess. The integration of Starwood has not gone well, especially from an IT perspective. Websites are wonky, reservations are messed up. Customer service - to get problems fixed - has been almost non-existent. (i.e. emails to member support going unanswered and ignored, phone agents taking forever to reach, and those same agents expressing both sympathy and frustration at their employer.) In my experience, it's nasty.

If you look at the forums on FlyerTalk, there are still lots of integration problems and lots and lots of frustrated SPG/Marriott travelers. And, in what seems to be Marriott corporate's style, there's been virtually no communication, no updates, no anything pushed out to their customers who are going through this.

Fortunately, while all three of my upcoming Vistana stays have now disappeared from Marriott's website and app, they're still there and confirmed when I look at my Vistana dashboard.

But for my non-Vistana travel - a lot of it has been messed up in recent months. Reservations for paid hotel stays have worked OK (for the most part), but any stay using Marriott Rewards points or MR Certificates has been utterly messed up.

And I don't think I've had Marriott Rewards post correctly for any stay in the past two months. Each one has required me to spend lots of time following up with Marriott. And some of those requests for points corrections have been initially denied (by staff who are clueless) requiring me to keep following up and appealing. I've managed to get them all resolved, but it's taken a lot of time and effort. It's a mess.

I miss Starwood Preferred Guest. I really, really miss them. Having access to all of the new properties is nice, but - when it comes to customer service - Marriott buying Starwood is like if K-Mart bought Nordstrom. Sigh.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
i think the biggest issue is the inconsistency in user experience.

i have had no real problems for quite a while now, other than changes in the way some things work (like Specialty Select upgrades, and cash rates being different for every night sometimes in a single booking).

i've merged my accounts, made/changed/cancelled cash and points bookings, participated in various promotions. I only had one booking where the points didnt come back after cancelling, and one cash reservation that disappeared (the hotel dealt with Marriott directly to sort it out when i showed up)

meanwhile ive read some horror stories...

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Go figure, I’ve had zero issues except for a SpringHill Suites charging me $200 with a folio balance of $0. Probably not related to the merger at all.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had any real issues with the merger, other than having to manually request some night credits for a timeshare stay. Otherwise, my account merge went as expected, and my Marriott stays have not had any problems. I wish I could have made lifetime Platinum Pro, but I’m gong to be perhaps 30 nights short. Oh well, I still get a lot of value from my point stays, especially in Europe.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
PSA Hang onto your email reservations. We made several book now earn points later reservations on Marriott.com and the points required went ballistic on the reservations after the merger. It is a known problem and if you call they will correct. Still not corrected on the website

dms11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana

Yes, I noticed the same thing with our upcoming (1/6) Lagunamar stay having disappeared as well. I tried adding it back with the Vistana confirmation number but that didn't work. Then I called Marriott and they said they couldn't add timeshare reservations. Instead, they connected me to Marriott Vacation Club but they only tried to sell me a promotional stay. We are supposed to get credit with Marriott for timeshare stays, but I'm not sure how that is going to work if the stay doesn't even show up on the Marriott site.