• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
I just received elite night credit for a Lagunamar stay. The nights posted in 3 days. I made sure at check-in that they had my correct MR number as the new number isn't attached to these reservations when made (or so I was told._

This was an explorer package?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
When was your stay, was it before the merger of the SPG and Marriott Reward programs? WHen you say accomodation certificate, is that also through interval? If so, all would be considered interval and should count. However, if some of your nights or stays were before the cutover, you won't get credit for those stays.
All stays were in Aug and I believe the merger was July 23 but I could be off. Accommodation certificates were through interval from my Vistana site. The exchange was from my Hyatt week. 2 of our stays were the same week, we were treating our friends so maybe you dont get credit if a guest stays in a unit They attached our guest's studio to our 1 bedroom so maybe they count it as a 2 bedroom but it was 2 different reservations. . It may not matter but we could possibly make our 75 nights with it.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
All stays were in Aug and I believe the merger was July 23 but I could be off. Accommodation certificates were through interval from my Vistana site. The exchange was from my Hyatt week. 2 of our stays were the same week, we were treating our friends so maybe you dont get credit if a guest stays in a unit They attached our guest's studio to our 1 bedroom so maybe they count it as a 2 bedroom but it was 2 different reservations. . It may not matter but we could possibly make our 75 nights with it.

The merger was in July however I do not believe points/night credits for Vistana stays started until the merger of the Marriott and Starwood loyalty programs which was August 18.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Overlapping stays also don't qualify for additional nights. So if you had two rooms for the same nights, you are only eligible for one night for each night of the overlapping stay.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Overlapping stays also don't qualify for additional nights. So if you had two rooms for the same nights, you are only eligible for one night for each night of the overlapping stay.
OK good to know, thank you!

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Does anyone know if we get elite night credit for II exchange stays??

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Does anyone know if we get elite night credit for II exchange stays??

Discussed earlier in the thread and the answer is yes. Just make sure when you check in that your Marriott number is on the reservation.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The merger was in July however I do not believe points/night credits for Vistana stays started until the merger of the Marriott and Starwood loyalty programs which was August 18.
Our 1st week started Aug 17 for 7 nights and the 2nd week was Aug 24 for 7 nights. I am thinking we should get credit for some of the days from the 1st week. It's a slim chance we will get up to 75 by the end of this year but it's good to get a better feel for how this all works.We just had our first stay as Platinum elite ,50 nights and loved our free breakfasts, view room and 4 pm checkout.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our 1st week started Aug 17 for 7 nights and the 2nd week was Aug 24 for 7 nights. I am thinking we should get credit for some of the days from the 1st week. It's a slim chance we will get up to 75 by the end of this year but it's good to get a better feel for how this all works.We just had our first stay as Platinum elite ,50 nights and loved our free breakfasts, view room and 4 pm checkout.

one of our stays (home resort) was Aug 11-18 and we got 7 nights for it...

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I was asked three different times to do an owner update at Harborside and offered $100 or 6000 starpoints (No I did not correct them when they offered me starpoints) My question is how can they give reward points for an owner update, yet the stay at Harborside does not count toward elite nights credit. All the HRA owners do not receive elite credits with the high MF they pay?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was asked three different times to do an owner update at Harborside and offered $100 or 6000 starpoints (No I did not correct them when they offered me starpoints) My question is how can they give reward points for an owner update, yet the stay at Harborside does not count toward elite nights credit. All the HRA owners do not receive elite credits with the high MF they pay?
Sales and marketing are still part of Vistana, so that is how they can offer Reward Points for a presentation. The property however does not carry the Westin or Sheraton name, thus no elite night credit or points on incidentals.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Received this response a couple of hours ago from Marriott for my 3 night StarOption stay in October at SVV:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Vistana Villages. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. While researching your request, we found that the charges on this receipt were booked under a rate that is non-qualifying and therefore not eligible for credit.

To be eligible for credit, your room must not be a contracted rate or part of a master-bill. Military rates at certain overseas locations are subject to local restrictions and may be ineligible for points or Elite Night credit as well.

This information is visible by clicking on the following link for the Marriott Rewards online terms and conditions.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at:

So, should I appeal this decision?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I received a similar but different denial for a five night SVV stay. I tried replying to the email but it was returned undeliverable because their email box was slow;

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas, I-Drive/Orlando. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. We apologize we are unable to post this stay to your account as your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Rewards member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name.

Please note that any charges paid through a third party (such as a travel agency or wholesale group) or billed out through a group master account are not eligible for credit.

This information is visible on the following link for the Marriott Rewards online terms and conditions.

https://marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/customer-support.mi

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So has anyone received elite night credits on Vistana home week stays, II stays or staroption stays?
I see my home week reservations (non SVN) at Sheraton Broadway Plantation next year in my Marriott account upcoming reservations. I have a feeling that I will get elite night credits for those. My HRA (SVN home week) reservations do not appear as upcoming stay in my marriott account.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
So has anyone received elite night credits on Vistana home week stays, II stays or staroption stays?
I see my home week reservations (non SVN) at Sheraton Broadway Plantation next year in my Marriott account upcoming reservations. I have a feeling that I will get elite night credits for those. My HRA (SVN home week) reservations do not appear as upcoming stay in my marriott account.

A review of this very thread answers your question as YES.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A review of this very thread answers your question as YES.
They were 3 separate questions. The last 2 [posts before mine] indicated that they did not, specifically at SVV for staroption reservation.
People are saying yes on home week but are not necessarily mentioning which resort/s.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
So has anyone received elite night credits on Vistana home week stays, II stays or staroption stays?.

yes at WKORV on home resort and SO stays, both with charges back to the room (wonder if that makes a difference)

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
FWIW, I just wrote back to Marriott requesting that they look into my request further and quoted the portion of Owner letter we received in August about earning credit on ownership stays toward higher member tiers . We'll wait some more for their response.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
“Ensure your SPG/Marriott number is inyour "My Vistana" profile”. I went online to check if my number was added and I don’t see where are the SPG/Marriott number would be. Can I get some guidance.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a similar reply to the above about my WKORV stays in October. I submitted the folios for stays 10/6-10/13 and 10/13-10/22. I own at WKORV. The charges were just for the TAT and a few purchases at the resort.

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas.We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. We apologize we are unable to post this stay to your account as your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Rewards member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name.

Please note that any charges paid through a third party (such as a travel agency or wholesale group) or billed out through a group master account are not eligible for credit.

This information is visible on the following link for the Marriott Rewards online terms and conditions.

Sincerely,
Kanishka Mamgain
Marriott Rewards Guest Services

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a similar reply to the above about my WKORV stays in October. I submitted the folios for stays 10/6-10/13 and 10/13-10/22. I own at WKORV. The charges were just for the TAT and a few purchases at the resort.

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas.We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

Sincerely,
Kanishka Mamgain
Marriott Rewards Guest Services

Many years ago, there were reports by Marriott timeshare owners that if you charged to your room you had a better chance to receive credit for the nights stayed. After reading those reports, I started charging bread or some sundry from the MarketPlace. I always received credit when charges were made. The last several years, charging was no longer necessary at Marriott's. If you had your Marriott rewards number, you received credit.

When staying at Vistana, I will start the practice again of charging to the room especially after seeing this post. I may even do so at Marriotts until this is fixed. I have an upcoming stay at Vistana Villages. I'll charge something to the room and report back regarding the nights credited. Meanwhile, I recommend charging something to the room.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Many years ago, there were reports by Marriott timeshare owners that if you charged to your room you had a better chance to receive credit for the nights stayed. After reading those reports, I started charging bread or some sundry from the MarketPlace. I always received credit when charges were made. The last several years, charging was no longer necessary at Marriott's. If you had your Marriott rewards number, you received credit.

When staying at Vistana, I will start the practice again of charging to the room especially after seeing this post. I may even do so at Marriotts until this is fixed. I have an upcoming stay at Vistana Villages. I'll charge something to the room and report back regarding the nights credited. Meanwhile, I recommend charging something to the room.

I charged items to my room at WDW in August, as I posted earlier, and yet didn’t receive any credit. I haven’t folllowed up yet but plan to after my stay at WKORV next month, just in case I have to handle that one as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess it pays to persevere. I had requested the Elite night credits at both SPG.com and Marriott.com. I got a note earlier today asking me for the dates and the name the reservation was under. I had uploaded the folios when I made the request, it I replied to the e-mail and attached the folios again. I just got this reply:

Thank you for sending us a copy of your hotel receipt. We hope you enjoyed your stay at the The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and apologize that it was not systematically credited to your account. We are delighted to help you and want to make sure you get the credit you deserve for staying with us.

Using the provided information, I have added all eligible credit to your Marriott Rewards account. You will see your points reflected on your online account summary at MarriottRewards.com within the next 24 hours.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact our customer service group at:

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Sincerely,

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well today I got an apology from the person who originally denied the elite night credit and he has sent my folio back to SVV for them to re-code the stay and send it back to the Marriott rep within 3 business days. We continue to move along .......

It does seem that SVV just has not gotten their act together since myself and several others on this forum are all having trouble getting the elite night credit from them, while other resorts are giving the credit shortly after check-out.