• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Treveler555 Ebay Scam Warning

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No I wouldn't think so He has 3 Ebay listings for timeshares now totaling over 6k he can sell those but I can't have my money back. Ridiculous... seller name on Ebay is richardjohn1969
Why are you even holding out hope that he is going to give your money back to you? You need to take other actions instead of simply waiting for something that is not going to happen.

igotyou

Reaction score
I am not holding out hope just trying to protect people from the same mistake I made until I make my move.

Warsantino

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat too. I’ve taken proper action but things take time. I think what’s trying to be conveyed here is that Mr. James Ieva is continuing to do this to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are you not complaining to eBay to at least get him shut down! That makes no sense.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Why are you not complaining to eBay to at least get him shut down! That makes no sense.
I’m in the same boat too. I’ve taken proper action but things take time. I think what’s trying to be conveyed here is that Mr. James Ieva is continuing to do this to others.
I am not holding out hope just trying to protect people from the same mistake I made until I make my move.

Have you complained to ebay? If the two of you present your info together it may have more weight.

It it’s such a shame that the bad ones can tarnish the ebay timeshare business. There are many wonderful timeshare sellers on eBay I purchased from with no problems.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando, Sedona; attempted Club Wyndham access with True Vacation Solutions
Been so busy haven't had a chance to check in but still no communication from True Vacation Solutions LLC.
My post today did not take. I have a long response I can send by email. Ultimaltely I am pursuing a class action lawsuit for Grand Theft- we have all been victims, lied to, stolen our hard earned money. Have experienced all blogs below. 480-231-4341 send me email /call to let me know interest. thank you.Reneesog@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you complained to ebay? If the two of you present your info together it may have more weight.

It it’s such a shame that the bad ones can tarnish the ebay timeshare business. There are many wonderful timeshare sellers on eBay I purchased from with no problems.
I have complained to eBAY as well as Richard John the seller. I have posted today and would like names to file a class action Lawsuit. Jimmy owner can pay the legal fees in the long run. He can also go to jail, that is what i wish for as $4000, is considered Grand Theft. Annette 480-231-4341 leave V/M please

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since eBay touts their "buyer protection", and normally does seem to side on the side of buyers (as a seller, from my experience), I am shocked that they are not acting on this. Of course, I don't blame eBay per se, but, for a company that touts buyer protection, not good.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since eBay touts their "buyer protection", and normally does seem to side on the side of buyers (as a seller, from my experience), I am shocked that they are not acting on this. Of course, I don't blame eBay per se, but, for a company that touts buyer protection, not good.
I don't think real estate transactions are covered by Buyer Protection.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think real estate transactions are covered by Buyer Protection.

I know they are not covered by money back guarantee, but, that eBay has not even banned the seller is amazing to me. It doesn't give a sense of any sort of safety on eBay is all I am saying. As a large seller on eBay just a year ago, you'd be amazed all the stupid things they hassle legitimate sellers for, totally ridiculous requirements just to make things seem better for buyers. And that's ok, except when compared to allowing scammers to sell with impunity and not even bothering to ban them, they keep scammers like this guy, and ban companies with legitimate sales. They even ban companies with millions of dollars in sales at times. It doesn't always make sense.

So, my perception of this comes as a (member of) a large company who sold on eBay. And what we learned from other large companies on eBay.

Here's an example. I consulted for a company who worked with an eBay rep to move a few hundred thousand products to eBay. This was a large (strategic) accounts guy. eBay encouraged "us" to put as many products as possible, which makes sense of course as they get a commission. So, we get those products out there, they keep hounding us for more. A few months later, another of their systems kicks in and says, gee, something is wrong with you guys, we noticed your sales increased x%, this means you must be doing something shady so we are going to ban you. Never mind, the project had direction from eBay themselves and eBay told us to do that! So, in the end, their other department wanted companies to scale slower. But we got banned. And it was non negotiable, no matter how far up the chain we went. Gee, our sales increased, I wonder why that was, maybe, because we had zero before?

Last edited:

Warsantino

Reaction score
He has been banned but continues to open up new accounts in different names.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, and that is the problem. Read my previous post, if we opened an account under any other name, it's simply wasn't possible. They have a lot of software to detect that. You'd be surprised what they do. In other words, I don't think it's a valid excuse. I would wager they know.

Of course, it's not eBays fault per se, they just enable the other guy to scam people. It's the guys fault.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Count me in

Thank you please leave contact info on my email or phone: I called out to legal today. I am REALLY SERIOUS about this. the first person I spoke with was taken for 6000$ so together just two people is 10,000$. his wife works, so money can come from her income; I think she/they have filed bankruptcy in the past. there were warnings searching her name. [name deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Club Wyndham Access
I just found this tread today. I purchased a Wyndham TS on ebay back in August of 2018 and sent a text of a check to TVS LLC (I believe they are True Vacation Solutions). So far I have not received any paperwork from Wyndham on this purchase. After 6 months I started asking TVS to give me the Wyndham contract number and they refused. I have asked them repeatedly to get an update from Wyndham as to what the problem with the transfer is but so far they have not given me an answer. I see some others have stated that they have been able to reach Jim or others but I have had issues with that as well. I can sometimes get a response to a text message but usually have to send 3 or more to get that. I never get any replies to emails and have not been able to reach anyone by phone.

Has anyone had any updates on issues with this company?

JZ1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
Why are you even holding out hope that he is going to give your money back to you? You need to take other actions instead of simply waiting for something that is not going to happen.
Same. We're filing a civil suit against him. His name is James Ieva, his wife Courtney also helps with the scams. The best things you can do:
1) Report his fraud to the FBI: https://www.fbi.gov/tips
2) Report the sale to the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf
3) Report it to Harris county DA's office. 713-274-5800
4) Get a judgment and garnish her wages: https://www.humbleisd.net/domain/9518

Reactions: RX8

JZ1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
I just found this tread today. I purchased a Wyndham TS on ebay back in August of 2018 and sent a text of a check to TVS LLC (I believe they are True Vacation Solutions). So far I have not received any paperwork from Wyndham on this purchase. After 6 months I started asking TVS to give me the Wyndham contract number and they refused. I have asked them repeatedly to get an update from Wyndham as to what the problem with the transfer is but so far they have not given me an answer. I see some others have stated that they have been able to reach Jim or others but I have had issues with that as well. I can sometimes get a response to a text message but usually have to send 3 or more to get that. I never get any replies to emails and have not been able to reach anyone by phone.

Has anyone had any updates on issues with this company?
Same. We're filing a civil suit against him. His name is James Ieva, his wife Courtney also helps with the scams. The best things you can do:
1) Report his fraud to the FBI: https://www.fbi.gov/tips
2) Report the sale to the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf
3) Report it to Harris county DA's office. 713-274-5800
4) Get a judgment and garnish her wages: https://www.humbleisd.net/domain/9518

JZ1980

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
shame they didnt put more effort into fixing the problems they had as they did in threatening people with "lawsuits" :(
Brian, do you have a filter function so that all complaints regarding James Ieva, TVS, RichardJohn1969, Treveler555, etc. could be consolidated? We're filing suit against them and would love to help others get their money or timeshare back. We've discovered that they've taken millions of Wyndham points from sellers, used them personally, made the sellers continue to pay the maintenance fees and a $299-$495 transaction fee, while also falsely selling these timeshares on eBay, collecting funds, and then threatening anyone who complains. Today Jimmy said "This is Texas... you step on my property to serve us papers and I'll put a bullet in your skull." Swear to God that's his approach now as this scam is falling apart.

Warsantino

Reaction score
Some updated information about a fine individual selling timeshares. If anyone has dealt With True vacation solutions,
Community vacation property, Treveler555 on eBay, Richardjohn1969 on eBay or by name James Ieva. The Harris County District Attorney Office of the State of Texas and Houston Police Department are now conducting an investigation in regards to this individual and his numerous business names. They are looking for anyone who was been victimized. Contact them with your information. This wouldn’t have been made possible without this community.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is an older posting regarding this Ebay user but thought I'd post again. I appear to have been scammed by treveler555 via Ebay about 3 months ago. After negotiating price on 500k Wyndham Club Access points, I received a docu-sign contract for the same from a Jon Lawson on-behalf of Community Vacation Property LLC in Kingwood Texas at 3296 Hidden Glen Drive. It sure seemed legit and the Texas Department of State showed that the LLC is registered in Texas at this address. I was requested to make the check out to True Vacation Solutions LLC which I did. As the clock ticks past 90 days and I've tried to get more updates, I am unable to get a hold of anyone and the telephone number I was provided for Jon Lawson is disconnected. As best I can tell, True Vacation Solutions LLC (that I wrote the check out to) is owned by a James Ieva and will be trying to find contact info to use to reach out.

...well not going to turn out well after all. We are now at the 5 month mark and still no timeshare, no contract number, no seller name, no estoppel, etc. etc. etc. As such, we have decided to take this matter to the courts. If you have any interest in taking the time to prepare a small signed write-up as to how you were scammed by Jim and the circumstances please message me. (e.g. Date of purchase, Ebay auction number, docu-sign purchase agreement number, phone number you texted the check to, etc.). I'm certainly willing to do the same for you. We also filed complaints with the Texas AG, Houston FBI, and Houston BBB. I have requested a BBB profile be setup for True Vacation Solutions, LLC. so that others can report/view feedback on the company. Also, there is now a website for the company http://truevacationsolutions.com . I can confirm that Jim is getting emails from the website contact form and they are going to truevacationsolutions@hotmail.com which was used in our transaction. To the point PamMo made, it isn't the amount of money in my case it is more about justice and that this kind of fraud can take place with no legal ramifications or repercussions...

P.S. treveler555 has been de-listed from Ebay. When I contacted the Ebay fraud department they confirmed there were multiple complaints regarding the account. Evidently there was finally enough to get it shut down...

P.S.S. Texas AG, Houston FBI and Houston BBB contact info below:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/file-a-consumer-complaint

https://tips.fbi.gov/
  • BBB of Greater Houston and South Texas
  • 1333 West Loop South, Suite1200
  • Houston, TX 77027
  • Phone: (713)868-9500
  • Fax: (713)867-4947
  • Email Address: info@bbbhou.org

UPDATE -- It would appear that the individual using the treveler555 account disappeared and no longer has a relationship with the LLC thus the lack of communication. I spoke to James (Jim) Ieva this afternoon and the file is actively being worked with Wyndham. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will end well at this point...[/QUOTE

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
M4travelers, EBAY did not shut him down. Please call Officer Michael Zientek financial crimes and chief police at Houston PD. Michael.zientek@houstonpolice.org
make your claim. the thief JI is being investigated and consumer fraud. Officer will send you forms to fill out. Please fill out expediently and send in all documentation requested. Warsantino and Renee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has 21gt or warsantino got anywhere. I believe I just got scammed with this same scenario as 21gt.... I’d really like my money back and justice would be nice so this doesn’t continue, has anyone got anywhere??
Please email :
Michael.zientek@houstonpolice.org
Let him know your story and he will send you paperwork to fill out. ASAP please. this guy is going to jail!