• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta NV Celebrate Park (merged)

Thoughts?

• Good move?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get out while you can?

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Does it trade to the Mayan Palaces? You could use their cement ponds & fancy eatin....

Are they going to give you access to the resort grounds at NV when you stay in the park?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
It’s a Mayan Palace everywhere else.

Does the contract say Cascades or Grand Cascades ?
just curious .

Cascade Nuevo Vallarta has an RCI code of DA 86

So far no Kingdom of the Sun or Grand Cascades
or Bliss NV ( for that matter .) with RCI resort codes.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Could be the Kingdom of the Sun (KS) is going into II or the Registry Collection instead of RCI, as they do with GL. By the way, Vida Lifestyle now lists the usage fees for the Cascades and KS, but not the Grand Cascades - makes me wonder what's going on there. I recall having seen a KS model and a Cascades model in NV, but don't remember if there was a grand one. Might have been a change of plans for Vidanta.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Could be the Kingdom of the Sun (KS) is going into II or the Registry Collection instead of RCI, as they do with GL. By the way, Vida Lifestyle now lists the usage fees for the Cascades and KS, but not the Grand Cascades - makes me wonder what's going on there. I recall having seen a KS model and a Cascades model in NV, but don't remember if there was a grand one. Might have been a change of plans for Vidanta.

Grand Cascades is “listed “ on the large painted wall map by the elevator door of the NV sales floor.
When we did a owner presentation in Feb 2016 our sales rep ( 6+ years with Vidanta) said that they had adjusted the names and were using Cascades and Kingdom of The Sun as sales brands -( I think there is also a Kingdom of the Moon on the map) I believed him ; & we both understood that they could always add the “Grand “ designation in the future , if an upgrade building was added .

That is why I was asking how the contract listed the brand .

PS - Eric , if you go on RCI resort directory , there are a number of Grand Luxxe designations that I am sure were not there last fall / whenever I found the Cascades code

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve seen quite a few of the GL codes. They show up periodically under the platinum priority access part, but only in NV since I’ve been watching. Posted a few in the sightings in January; they were with 2-4 weeks notice for studio, 1 BR suite & studio loft units. There gone now, but there were a bunch more including lofts and spas last fall. Great way to get in there.

TimPrice

Reaction score
Good afternoon, unfortantly the Celebrate Park contracts are a way for Vidante Group to get out of there renewable 25 year contracts, while "upgrading" your membership, and cutting it down to 10 years. The plus side is it opens the posiblity of upgrading to a Gran Blis Membership.

[Balance of post deleted as solicitations are not permitted in the discussion forums. Feel free to join TUG and place a Timeshares Wanted add in our Timeshare Marketplace. - Makai Guy, BBS Administrator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good afternoon, unfortantly the Celebrate Park contracts are a way for Vidante Group to get out of there renewable 25 year contracts, while "upgrading" your membership, and cutting it down to 10 years. The plus side is it opens the posiblity of upgrading to a Gran Blis Membership.

Actually the Celebrate Park contracts are written as including a registered week in the park every other year for the first ten years with an “alternate year week” in the Park in the off years. They include a potential to request another week outside of the park in a corresponding resort in Vidanta itself depending on the level and privileges offered at the time of purchase, and a renewable certificate to use the corresponding resort for up to 100 years. It’s a different program than the older 25 year contracts and one would have to judge it on its own merits reading the contracts, but they aren’t necessarily all bad. Judge the usefulness and value of one of these contracts for yourselves.

Cabocowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just traded a 1 wk PB Montecristo EY to Vidanta for 3 wks EY of Grand Mayan plus guaranteed access to Celebrate theme park under construction plus $20k out of pocket. They offer 2 for 1 exchange rate to SFX as well. Looking for feedback from collective wisdom of TUG.
I saw a 1 bd. GM for sale here EY for $5500. They said Celebrate will rival Disney. Vidanta has parterned with some big names, including Cirque de Soleil and others. Thoughts?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
1 ) Read your new contract very carefully and make sure you completely understand what is WRITTEN - that is all that counts .

2) Trade-ins are rarely the most cost effective way of doing a deal .
IMO - the Montecristo will go away . However the price you paid would likely be the same without a trade in .

3) Vidanta has a transfer fee structure that adds to the cost of a resale
5 x current MF is common on contracts since about 2005 ( some GL may be 10 x MF )

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rescind. Vidanta only builds with cash, so IF they ever finish their “theme park” it may be 30 years from now. They are VERY jealous of Disney. I went through their presentation and they mentioned Disney about 40 times, like an obsessed ex. If you really like their product you can always buy it later, buy resale, or rent from a Platinum owner.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I probably wouldn’t buy in at the Grand Mayan level. I do enjoy the Vidanta resorts and own at a higher level, but it’s just to easy to exchange in to Grand Mayan to be worth buying, even in the high season.

As Tom mentioned, the “trade in” is a marketing gimmick that likely didn’t change the price. If you carefully read the agreement for that, it isn’t really a contract. If you think back to the verification call with Vidanta corporate, they never asked about it, did they? I haven’t been to Montecristo, but have seen it on Registry Collection and have the impression that it’s higher on the food chain than Grand Mayan. It will likely sell for whoever you pay the up front fee to, if you pay it, but you don’t really have an obligation to carry through with that and could likely sell it yourself if you set the price right. That’s up to you.

Cabocowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you to the TUG community for the assistance. Confirmed what I believed. I made the trip today to Playa del Carmen to the Profeco office and executed my legal Right under Mexican laws. Full recission of contract. The office was helpful and even let us make 2 sets of copies of every document with our signature on them. Ring it up, TUG. Saved a member $20,000 and a lot of headaches.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Thank you to the TUG community for the assistance. Confirmed what I believed. I made the trip today to Playa del Carmen to the Profeco office and executed my legal Right under Mexican laws. Full recission of contract. The office was helpful and even let us make 2 sets of copies of every document with our signature on them. Ring it up, TUG. Saved a member $20,000 and a lot of headaches.
wise move friend.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Just came back home after two weeks in paradise. We didn't go to the presentation near Bucerias (my previous thread) because the resort is too far. But instead, we went to the owner's update at Vidanta Nuevo.

To our surprise, it wasn't high pressure at all. We were offered 2 upgrades with "Park Options" and 1 brand new Celebrate contract about 25K. I forgot to ask them about Park Options. Maybe anyone in the forum can help me to interpret Park Options.

My second surprise was about the park. Before the presentation, we watched 2-minute Park video in the theater. Imo, the role of Cirque du Soleil in the park is more subdued. They used to call it "Cirque Park", but I didn't even see the name "Cirque du Soleil" in the video. Did they scrap the Cirque concept? Nobody knows.

I will be posting the artist rendering of the park after this message. The images are not good quality because I took them from the monitor.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Just came back home after two weeks in paradise. We didn't go to the presentation near Bucerias (my previous thread) because the resort is too far. But instead, we went to the owner's update at Vidanta Nuevo........ anyone in the forum can help me to interpret Park Options....Imo, the role of Cirque du Soleil in the park is more subdued.They used to call it "Cirque Park", but I didn't even see the name "Cirque du Soleil" in the video. Did they scrap the Cirque concept? Nobody knows.

Thanks for the photos .

I think Cirque will still be a part of Celebrate Park NV . IMO it is more likely to be a part of the nighttime
entertainment or similar events in the daytime . The whole interactive factor sounded great - but the reality of staffing probably would be very difficult . There may also be “symbiotic issues”between the partners since it will be Vidanta’s show in real world daily management .

IMO - it will be a success for Vidanta by increasing the summer usage occupancy levels. The toll road from Guadalajara (metro pop. 5 million) is scheduled to open about the same time as Celebrate Park.
This will reduce the drive time to 3 hours or so .

If my expectation of the success level is correct : it could allow me to rent my bonus Vacation Fare week to Mexican Nationals , in the summer season - thereby “proving “that Vida Sales does not tell lies - the. truth just takes 15 years to gain reality .
LOL

The Park Options “upgrade “ is likely a presell to opening promo .
IMO - once the park is open - Park Options - may give some benefits BUT Vidanta will (IMO)also be working to entice all visitors to NV - PV to go to a presentation by offering some kind of special Park access. I will “guarantee”the street OPC ‘s that sell fishing trips will also be selling Celebrate Park access
in 2020 . What could go wrong in a 90 minute presentation that includes a free breakfast .

Last edited:

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
A few questions, if you don’t mind.
We’ve only been to NV one time. (Upgraded and own there) We usually go to RM. we liked NV alright, but I like the beach area and GL pools at RM a little more than the GL pool area at NV. We were literally forced out of our pool area by two large families with multiple youngsters in NV. Seemed like 1/2 of the GL pool area was locked out for premium members only..
We are looking at going back to NV one of these years, and I’d just like to know more about what folks like about it. Our trip there was somewhat negative because it was right before my LW had hip replacement surgery, and my Dad had just passed away. Wife couldn’t do a lot of walking like we both like to do, and I was just in a poor mood.
So, is there a quiet pool there? I love kids and grandkids, but would like quiet time too. No DJ or games going all day etc.. Also, do you leave the complex quite a bit? I have the impression that there’s a lot to do around there, but we did zero exploring. We’d want to get out and about a bit more if we went back. Thanks for the information, as we are trying to figure out where to go next year. Need to do the Feb 1 call in, if we are going to try and get in.
Thanks,
Jeff

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Never mind. Going to stay with RM for 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
My wife and I just bought a Kingdom of the Sun two-bedroom loft. They referred to it as a "penthouse" since it's on the top two floors of a nine story building in Celebrate Park. It has a huge deck (we did not buy an end unit with an even larger extended deck.) The contract gives us two weeks per year for 100 years and an additional week for the first 10 years. The usage fee is $2,400 per week and at the end of 10 years the fee to continue is the same as the usage fee = $4,800 lump sum ($2,400 for each week) to continue another 10 years. We get an additional 2 privilege weeks through SFX which I really don't understand. We will likely use it 2 weeks per year and hope to rent it some. I'm hoping there is a market for this as a rental unit paying us more than $2,400.

The "best guess" from the salesman is that it will be ready for occupancy end of 2020. He also said that Celebrate Park, Phase 1 (a water park) is scheduled to open end of 2020 as well but it will likely really happen early 2021.

I love our Vidanta vacations but I think we paid way too much for this as an upgrade.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
..bought a Kingdom of the Sun two-bedroom loft. They referred to it as a "penthouse" since it's on the top two floors of a nine story building in Celebrate Park. .....
The "best guess" .... occupancy end of 2020. He also said that Celebrate Park, Phase 1 (a water park) is scheduled to open end of 2020 as well but it will likely really happen early 2021.
I love our Vidanta vacations but I think we paid way too much for this as an upgrade.

How recently did you do the upgrade ?

Welcome to TUG as a first time post

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
We bought a minimum one bedroom Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta unit in Celebrate Park in April 2018. We upgraded to the Kingdom of the Sun two bedroom loft in February 2019.

Attachments

• 2BedroomLoft.pdf
    957.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
This is the Celebrate Park package that they were trying to sell us in February, 2019. I have no idea how many salesman lies are included in selling future access to something that does not even exist yet.

1.) Access to Celebrate Park will cost $180 per day per person. Buy the Park package and the cost will be $150 per person for the entire week.
2.) The Park package gets you earlier access to the Park.
3.) The Park package gets you to "skip to the front of the line."
4.) You have access to a concierge although I don't know what you need a concierge for.
5.) This benefit is available to all your guests as well.

The cost is normally $159,000 (Haha, wink, wink) but since we are owners buying before the park opens it is "only" $6,000 if you buy today.