• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions about Medano Beach - Cabo

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi!

I’m thinking of potential towns to visit on the west coast of Mexico. Cabo San Lucas seems to interest me. I’m looking for a resort on a swimmable beach, with restaurants and shops close by. I think I’d like to learn more about Medano Beach. What timeshares are on this swimmable beach that are close enough to walk to town?

Thanks for your help!

Cabocowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Several come to mind. Pueblo Bonito offers the older Blanco and the newer Rose. Just down from crazy bar scene and noise. Do not attend sales presentation! No matter what..you can swim here. Quite nice. Lots of locals walking beach trying to sell you something..another option is stay at Sunset Beach. Quieter but they have free shuttle bus over to Medano every hour. Views at Sunset Beach are extraordinary

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks cowboy

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
upload_2018-11-11_7-15-44.jpeg

Here’s the view right now of Médano Beach (a sliver of it) from my balcony at Villa del Arco. Sailing event in town this weekend...not usually so many boats out there.

Villa la Estancia and Villa del Palmar are next door. Swimmable/walkable. Bars/restaurants easy walk on beach. Easy walk to town from here...although we prefer to taxi in evenings after we’ve cleaned up for dinner.

Safe travels

bbb

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you consider Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, I'd definitely look into Grand Solmar at Land's End and Playa Grande. The glorious Solmar Beach is not for swimming, but it's a short walk/water taxi ride to shopping, restaurants, activities, and Medano Beach.
Big waves on Solmar Beach.JPG

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
All the resorts mentioned above are good. There are a few other resorts on Medano Beach: Cabo Villas, Casa Dorado on Medano Beach (there's another Casa Dorado on the corridor so be sure you're getting the one on Medano Beach if that's where you want to be), and Cascadas de Baja. Marina Fiesta is on the marina and is a short walk to the beach.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All the resorts mentioned above are good. There are a few other resorts on Medano Beach: Cabo Villas, Casa Dorado on Medano Beach (there's another Casa Dorado on the corridor so be sure you're getting the one on Medano Beach if that's where you want to be), and Cascadas de Baja. Marina Fiesta is on the marina and is a short walk to the beach.

Yes, I want to be on a swimmable beach and close to town.

Karen, are all of the above resorts timeshares?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Yes, I want to be on a swimmable beach and close to town.

Karen, are all of the above resorts timeshares?
Yes, some may be only in II and others only in RCI.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi!

I’m thinking of potential towns to visit on the west coast of Mexico. Cabo San Lucas seems to interest me. I’m looking for a resort on a swimmable beach, with restaurants and shops close by. I think I’d like to learn more about Medano Beach. What timeshares are on this swimmable beach that are close enough to walk to town?

Thanks for your help!

In Medano Bay, there is often a wave that can be very difficult when coming ashore. Many people loose their shorts. It isn't the best bay to swim in, imo. Santa Maria Cove and Chileno Bay are very good places to swim and snorkel if you like the ocean.

The roped areas are small in Medano Bay and there is alot of jet ski action happening. I like to hang out at the beach but rarely swim in the bay anymore. I was one of the guys that almost lost my shorts. Now I like to watch other unsuspecting tourist navigate the wave. I have seen some interesting things and some things I wished I hadn't.

A better bay on the west coast of Mexico is Banderas Bay.

Bill

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Come on Bill... you’re getting soft. I’m 64 and Pam and I have been in and out of the water in front of Villa del Arco a couple of dozen times the past 5-6 days without any problems...at least 5-6 times today alone. I haven’t even gotten my hair wet let alone lose my shorts! Of course, in other visits there have been rough days days but, we’ve been here 17 times over the past 10 years and seldom had a problem.

However, I will say it’s a different story down in front of Villa Del Palmar...much bigger surf over there! Amazing the difference a few hundred yards can make!

I agree Chileno Bay is okay for snorkeling (great for Cabo...but merely average in the big picture) and a swimmable beach but it’s no where near walkable to town nor close to lots of bars/restaurants as the OP desires.

They’ve changed the regulations on jet skis on Médano Beach. No longer allowed on the beach as in the old days. All are kept tied up off shore and only allowed to shore to onload/offload passengers in a tightly restricted zone. No longer an issue IMHO. So much better than before. I agree they used to be a problem. No more. The bigger hassle now is all the beach massage ladies!

Safe travels.

bbb

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Bob. I haven't been back to Cabo for a couple of years now. I kind of miss the fishing. Regarding the wave at the beach, I kind of think you meant a few yards, not a few hundred yards, lol.

So is the washout area between the Arco and Cascadas no longer an unofficial activity center. I hope the cheap massage people are still there.

Anyway, I know you are having more fun than me at this moment. Keep it up !!!

Bill

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all for your suggestions.
I got an exchange for a 2 bedroom unit at Hacienda del Mar for summer 2019. I will be bringing my 19 year old niece along with other family. I’m just wondering if she would be bored with the resort being so far from town.
It looks like a beautiful resort... how far from town is it?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an exchange for a 2 bedroom unit at Hacienda del Mar for summer 2019. I will be bringing my 19 year old niece along with other family. I’m just wondering if she would be bored with the resort being so far from town.

I thought it was like a 10-15 minute cab/shuttle ride into Cabo (depending on where) from Hacienda del Mar.
We'll be there in January and plan to use the shuttle service to take a few trips into Cabo.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Not too far from Cabo. Definitely too far to walk. Santa Maria Bay is really close to Hacienda del Mar. Driving is pretty easy in the Cabo area. This resort is next to Cabo del Sol golfing so if anyone likes to golf this is the right place.

Bill