• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Is there a way to add a II exchange for the Westin Lagunamar to my Marriott account online? I've already merged my accounts, but when I look up the stay using the II reservation number it can't find it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is there a way to add a II exchange for the Westin Lagunamar to my Marriott account online? I've already merged my accounts, but when I look up the stay using the II reservation number it can't find it.
Not that I am aware of. The problem with Vistana confirmations or exchanges is that they don't include the Marriott confirmation number.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Our 1st week at WKORV showed up as a 7 nite stay. It took about 10 days to show.

Spoke too soon. The 7-nite stay credited to my account was for our 2nd week that was a SO stay.
Our 1st week was not credited - this was a HomeResort stay.

I called and tried to get the 1st week credited - we shall see...
The nice woman on phone seemed to have issues adding it.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. The 7-nite stay credited to my account was for our 2nd week that was a SO stay.

We had back-to-back Home Resort and SO stays at WKORV in Aug (both check-outs post merger date), and they all posted fine.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We had back-to-back Home Resort and SO stays at WKORV in Aug (both check-outs post merger date), and they all posted fine.

Mine did not, and they had exact same SPG account number associated with the stays.
I was told to send folio to research@starwoodhotels.com
They seem to have a large backlog and response email said it could take more than 10 business days to respond.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

You can open a missing stay request online. Easier than a phone call.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
You can open a missing stay request online. Easier than a phone call.

Thanks.
That must be on their website - I couldn’t find on App.
I sent my folios to them - I am in no hurry. It was just that my 2nd stay showed up so quickly, and they had my number from first stay (which didn’t show up).
It will be interesting to see how quickly this gets resolved.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks.
That must be on their website - I couldn’t find on App.
I sent my folios to them - I am in no hurry. It was just that my 2nd stay showed up so quickly, and they had my number from first stay (which didn’t show up).
It will be interesting to see how quickly this gets resolved.

My 7-nite stay credit showed up for our 1st week (HomeResort) stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of how the Marriott/SPG elite qualification credits work for rentals?

Would the elite credit revert back to the owner if added to the reservation in advance? Or would the renter be able to add their name at check-in for the credit? Or would this benefit be lost all together in the case of a rental?

I am curious about this too. I guess if the reservation still shows up in the account and you will get credits?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Not that I am aware of. The problem with Vistana confirmations or exchanges is that they don't include the Marriott confirmation number.
so giving them the MR number at check=in is the way to get credit I'm assuming? Or something else?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
so giving them the MR number at check=in is the way to get credit I'm assuming? Or something else?
Yes, that gives you the best chance, but no guaranty. I had to request a missing stay for a Vistana Villages stay last month and finally got credit for one of them, but they never posted the other. Have to email them again. Customer service is the pits.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am staying at a Vistana timeshare for a week and a Marriott hotel for one night during that same week. Should I get credit for both stays (Vistana and Marriott). I know that if you book multiple rooms at the same hotel, you don't get credits for two nights. I was wondering if I would get credit when its two different hotels. Anyone have experience with this?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am staying at a Vistana timeshare for a week and a Marriott hotel for one night during that same week. Should I get credit for both stays (Vistana and Marriott). I know that if you book multiple rooms at the same hotel, you don't get credits for two nights. I was wondering if I would get credit when its two different hotels. Anyone have experience with this?
Based on the rules, you shouldn't, but then you might just get eight nights credit. If you don't get the one night, then you can't really complain.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
My 11 night stay at WKORVN showed up today, 2 days after getting home.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received credit for a stay at Atlantis Harborside? It's been 2 weeks since our stay ended but no credit has posted.

I finally called Vistana to find out about Harborside stays. I was told that since Harborside is not affiliated with Sheraton, I would not receive credits. This is consistent with credit card charges. SPG charges at Harborside did not qualify for the bonus Sheraton points for any of our four times staying there. The rep said there are three such resorts. Another one was Vistana Beach Club but she could remember the last one.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I finally called Vistana to find out about Harborside stays. I was told that since Harborside is not affiliated with Sheraton, I would not receive credits. This is consistent with credit card charges. SPG charges at Harborside did not qualify for the bonus Sheraton points for any of our four times staying there. The rep said there are three such resorts. Another one was Vistana Beach Club but she could remember the last one.
Perhaps it was Lakeside Terrace, but didn't it recently get the Sheraton brand attached?

blondietink

Reaction score
How long should I have to wait to see Elite night credits for our SVV stay? We checked out on Sunday Oct. 28th and nothing is showing up yet.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long should I have to wait to see Elite night credits for our SVV stay? We checked out on Sunday Oct. 28th and nothing is showing up yet.

i think you are supposed to allow 10 days before they will look into missing stays

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Stayed at JW Marriott (Essex a House) in NYC last week for 5 nites on SPs converted to MRPs.
Nites showed in 3 days to my SPG and Marriott accounts.
Now at 19 days since early Sept.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I had to open missing stay requests for two SVV stays from September. We also checked out of SVV on the 23rd and our nights haven't posted yet. I will have to open another missing stay request. So far SVV is batting .000 for posting our stays.

blondietink

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I will wait 10 days and then request if they are still missing.

Seems like they missed the memo that they are now part of Marriott since they tried to offer us Starpoints for an Owner' Update.

Naniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a Lakeside Terrace home resort reservation a few days ago and was surprised (and pleased) to find the reservation showing in my Marriott app. The stay isn’t until next summer, but as it’s showing up as a reservation in my app, I’m hoping I will get the elite night credits.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I will wait 10 days and then request if they are still missing.

Seems like they missed the memo that they are now part of Marriott since they tried to offer us Starpoints for an Owner' Update.

I find a lot of the printed materials and signs still refer to SPG and Starpoints. unfortunately, I've found post merger that the bonus points number stays the same but you are getting new points currency instead, so basically only 33% of the expected value...

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Stayed at JW Marriott (Essex a House) in NYC last week for 5 nites on SPs converted to MRPs.
Nites showed in 3 days to my SPG and Marriott accounts.
Now at 19 days since early Sept.

Small world! We were also in NYC last week staying at our Hilton West 57 timeshare which is one block behind the Essex House. Below is a view of Central Park from our room with the Essex House just on the left. Essex House must have nice views of the park and city.

20181029_145014 cropped 2.jpg

Last edited:

dss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seriously? They are still offering the legacy SPG amount for Owners Update? That makes zero sense.