• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good Presentation Offer?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Received a call from MVC to attend a presentation. $199 down and choice of stay at several resorts (highlights):

All include a $50 GC, no blackouts

MOC: 5 nites studio: $799
5 nites 1 bdrm: $1098
(Stay is in older Molokai, Lanai sections.)

Waihai, Kauai: 5 nights 2 bdrm $1098

Aruba: High season 4 nights 1 bdrm: $1029
Low season 4 nights 1 bdrm: $732

Grand Chateau, Vegas ($125 GC): 5 nights 1 bdrm $566
(Sun - Wed arrival) 5 nights 2 bdrm: $796

Other locations also avail but no Vistana or Hyatt yet. Good deal?

Any sweet spots in these options?

Anyone know what kind of view/rooms you are given at these resorts?

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Honestly, no bargains here (although Hawaii for a 2 bedroom sounds nice, but that's too short a stay for going to Hawaii in my opinion, but from your name it sounds like you're in California). We are traveling to Ocean Pointe, Singer Island this Friday for a 3 night stay for $199 (total price) in a one bedroom. As to floors and views, they made it explicitly clear that we would be on a 1st or 2nd floor with no ocean view for this promotion.
Call them back and ask about the $199/ $299 promo deals (similar to what we were offered). The price varied due to the season we selected at certain locations. We had a choice of at least 15 resorts including Hilton Head and had about 1 year to use the vacation.
Good luck.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Or better yet, try to get a Vistana referral.

$698 in Hawaii for 5 nights.

Includes a $75 resort credit and a $185 credit towards an Avis car rental.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
For comparison’s sake, the cost using destination points for MOC for a one bedroom island view is $179 on weekdays and $249 on weekends on these dates: Jan 4 – Jan 10, Jan 11 – Jan 31, Mar 29 – Apr 18, Apr 26 – Jun 6, Aug 30 – Nov 21, Dec 6 – Dec 19. It’s a bit more on other dates and for ocean views.

For these same dates in a 2 bedroom island view at Waihai, the cost is $442 for weekends and $290 for weekdays.

I am assuming you should value this at the low season rate in island view category. If you get something better, then great.

I did not value the others because this gives you an idea if these make sense.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Honestly, no bargains here (although Hawaii for a 2 bedroom sounds nice, but that's too short a stay for going to Hawaii in my opinion, but from your name it sounds like you're in California). We are traveling to Ocean Pointe, Singer Island this Friday for a 3 night stay for $199 (total price) in a one bedroom. As to floors and views, they made it explicitly clear that we would be on a 1st or 2nd floor with no ocean view for this promotion.
Call them back and ask about the $199/ $299 promo deals (similar to what we were offered). The price varied due to the season we selected at certain locations. We had a choice of at least 15 resorts including Hilton Head and had about 1 year to use the vacation.
Good luck.

Thanks all for your feedback.

I believe this is the same promo because they have 3 night stays at a bunch of properties for $199/$299 with a one year expiration. What I quoted above were the extended prices with additional days because that was more relevant to our situation.

There are no blackout dates and no other fees except for parking in select locations.

Last edited: