• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC member promotion

psuscott93

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently saw a member promotion. If you booked a stay at HGVC Blvd property in Vegas using points or bonus points you would be upgraded and also receive a 100 dollar Visa gift card. You could not book for cash 30 days out, it need to be with points or bonus points. If you book a studio, you would be upgraded to a 1 bedroom and if you booked a 1 bedroom, you would be up graded to a 2 bedroom. Has anyone ever booked this type of promotion? It did not say anything about needing to go to an "owners update". None of the other Vegas properties are listed, only the Blvd property. Is this just a promotion for the off season to try to get more people to stay here vs the Elara. It sounds like a good deal, but I am suspicious of being baited into an owners update using a new tactic. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Is this just a promotion for the off season to try to get more people to stay here vs the Elara. It sounds like a good deal, but I am suspicious of being baited into an owners update using a new tactic.

I would say the former. I don't believe a sales presentation will be required. But I would expect them to ask if you would like an "owner's update".

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I recently saw a member promotion. If you booked a stay at HGVC Blvd property in Vegas using points or bonus points you would be upgraded and also receive a 100 dollar Visa gift card. You could not book for cash 30 days out, it need to be with points or bonus points. If you book a studio, you would be upgraded to a 1 bedroom and if you booked a 1 bedroom, you would be up graded to a 2 bedroom. Has anyone ever booked this type of promotion? It did not say anything about needing to go to an "owners update". None of the other Vegas properties are listed, only the Blvd property. Is this just a promotion for the off season to try to get more people to stay here vs the Elara. It sounds like a good deal, but I am suspicious of being baited into an owners update using a new tactic. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.
Having just gone through this they usually are very specific about pointing out that an "owner's update" is required. If that is the case you have to have your spouse and/or anyone who is on title at your property go with you AND attend. This was clearly stated both on the phone and in the emailed information. If you don't see this then I doubt it is "required".

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Having just gone through this they usually are very specific about pointing out that an "owner's update" is required. If that is the case you have to have your spouse and/or anyone who is on title at your property go with you AND attend. This was clearly stated both on the phone and in the emailed information. If you don't see this then I doubt it is "required".
With this promotion that just came out this fall, they were specific that an owner's update was not required. For the VIP package or the special $199/3 days (or whatever), then yes, the owner's update is required.

Kurt

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
In my experience they almost always ask you to attend a presentation, whenever you stay at a timeshare. However your not required to attend unless you want whatever gift they are offering.

I am sure this promo is designed to fill the resorts at less popular times, and drive guest to presentations.