• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Iron Blosam owners question

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I own unit 314 directly adjacent to the Wild Flower Lounge and I have been told they are contacting owners of this unit to buy them out. The story is there is a new owner/leaser of the WF lounge who wishes to expand into this space (unit 314). I have yet to be called buy my business partner was. Has anyone heard news of this apparent sale and expansion of the lounge?

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. There have been quite a few upgrades at Snowbird since the Cummings family bought the resort. They just started renovating Snowbird Center this summer. They're also currently adding a footbridge between the Cliff Lodge and Snowbird Center as well as renovating and replacing the old Mexican restaurant at the Cliff lodge. This is on top of all the work done in the past couple of years. The footbridge is so ridiculous given the walk is less than a 100 yards but they seem to be moving to cater to a more upscale client base.

I don't know about the build out of the Iron Blosam but I can look into it when I visit over the winter.

I can see the spring, summer, and winter owners selling easily but some of the prime winter owners could be recalcitrant. Especially the fixed holiday week owners - weeks 7, 51, and 52. But I suppose they could try to incentivize owners with extra cash and also offer to swap with the same week in a different unit.

What did they offer you and how are you leaning?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
I have heard about the upgrades and the walkway/footbridge would be helpful in the winter. I have made that 100 yard walk many times in some pretty crappy conditions (both myself and the weather :)).
They offered my business partner $10K for our week and I/we have agreed to take it. We have Easter week (well usually) so sort of a prime time there. My brother holds the unit next door at 315 for 2 weeks and he said no one has said anything to him about this. His unit would now be directly next to the bar (good news bad news I guess). They told my partner they would assist in helping us find a replacement unit in the Blosam should we want one.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If your place is a studio, then that is a pretty good price. You will have money left over if you want to get another studio. The big advantage to the Iron Blosam is that every week is a fixed week. Of course that leads to issues for the mud weeks that nobody wants.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Yes, it’s a north facing studio, I can’t remember exactly what the layout type is but yes it is a studio. Also, as I’ve heard nothing directly from the developer at this time so I will believe their offer when I see it myself . All the information I have right now is secondhand although my partner has said that he has spoke with the developer directly.
Not sure if I’ll buy in the iron blosom or the cliff but I probably will replace the unit with something in the canyon.

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Marathoner,
So spoke with my partner at the property at the Iron Blosam and he tried again to contact the supposed development group and the remodeling of the Wild Flower is probably just a scam that was used in an attempt to get us to sell or property there. Having said that if indeed they were willing to pay $10K, and they were not, I would have sold it. But it sounded apparently like a bait and switch scam. Unfortunately this is becoming all to common these days.