• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Kierland Owner Update

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
We had an owners' update yesterday at Westin Kierland. Were offered a one-bedroom EOY in the Westin Flex Collection which we declined. Very cordial discussion and our "no" was politely accepted. I did ask if our timeshare stay would count towards our Marriott elite night credits as we are closing in on platinum. The answer was no. I have read conflicting information. Anyone have first hand experience and do I just wait to see if our nights get posted on the Marriott Rewards site?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We had an owners' update yesterday at Westin Kierland. Were offered a one-bedroom EOY in the Westin Flex Collection which we declined. Very cordial discussion and our "no" was politely accepted. I did ask if our timeshare stay would count towards our Marriott elite night credits as we are closing in on platinum. The answer was no. I have read conflicting information. Anyone have first hand experience and do I just wait to see if our nights get posted on the Marriott Rewards site?
Yes, the nights should count toward MR elite night credit. Be sure to get a copy of your folio at checkout as you may need to submit a copy for a missing stay request if the nights don't post. If they don't post after 10 days, you can open the missing stay request.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks- that's the answer I was hoping for.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Have they said anything about whether Marriott and Vistana will be merging the timeshare programs?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Yes, the nights should count toward MR elite night credit. Be sure to get a copy of your folio at checkout as you may need to submit a copy for a missing stay request if the nights don't post. If they don't post after 10 days, you can open the missing stay request.

I tend to find that I know more about the Marriott Rewards / SPG program than the salesperson providing the program "update". This appears to be another example!

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
We just stayed at WKORV for 3 nights using Star Options. The 3 nights were credited to our Marriott Points account. We also stayed 1 night at Marriott Wailea Beach Resort using points and that 1 night also credited. It looks like in the new system regardless how you got the night stay, the stay is still counted.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We just stayed at WKORV for 3 nights using Star Options. The 3 nights were credited to our Marriott Points account. We also stayed 1 night at Marriott Wailea Beach Resort using points and that 1 night also credited. It looks like in the new system regardless how you got the night stay, the stay is still counted.

Thanks for the datapoints.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland update: The nights from our Star Option stay have been posted to my Marriott Rewards account. Hope the sales department gets some updated information so their agents can be more informative.