• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ah... finally!

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
Seems like it took way longer than it should have, but my resale WKORV/N purchase has finally closed and Vistana has set up my ownership in their system.

Looking forward to finally making a booking for next year!

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone have any pointers on how I can add my wife to the Vistana system so she can check in / access the system as an authorized user as well? Her name is on the title, too.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone have any pointers on how I can add my wife to the Vistana system so she can check in / access the system as an authorized user as well? Her name is on the title, too.
You can set up a different Vistana.com account in her name. I am not really sure how it works, but I would suspect if you make a reservation under her name, she would show as primary on the reservation. In either case though, I think she should have no issues checking in.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can set up a different Vistana.com account in her name. I am not really sure how it works, but I would suspect if you make a reservation under her name, she would show as primary on the reservation. In either case though, I think she should have no issues checking in.

Thanks for the tips. We'll look into that.

I managed to book a week (Fri -> Fri) @ WKORV, the end of June next summer, right as general StarOption availability popped up. Probably will be parking lot view, but it was nice to be able to book it using the TS instead of cash. The year after we will probably be able to book during our home resort period.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
(Wrong...)
Robin is already on account - why would there be need for two accounts?
Just use on username and password.
You may be overthinking this.

If your wife is on deed - then your reservations should have both of your names. (Should be, but not the case...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
When I make a reservation we both show up on confirmation as Mr & Mrs DavidnRobin.
Robin is already on account - why would there be need for two accounts?
Just use on username and password.
You may be overthinking this.

If your wife is on deed - then your reservations should have both of your names.

Both my name and my wife's name are on the deeds for our Vistana timeshares. However, only my name shows on the reservation confirmation. I believe this is due to the fact that you must designate a primary owner for making reservations.

On the other hand, we've never felt the need to have separate accounts. It really doesn't matter which name is on the reservation, in our case, and if something should happen to me my wife would certainly be able to access the account with my username and password.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Vistana's standard format is one name on the confirmation - first name, last name, no titles. They don't like to use other formats. You can no longer change the name online, but it's pretty simple to call and put the reservation in another name. If your spouse is checking in without you, that's what you need to do.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
I'm still trying to figure out all of the implications of the merger with Marriott. I think it will make a difference who's name is on the reservation if you are trying to move toward a new Marriott elite level. It is my understanding that you can move points between accounts but not night credits toward elite status. We are putting all of our reservations in my name because my account shows us close to platinum but my husband only has one night credit for this year- 53 lifetime status nights. (I asked if we could take his lifetime nights and put them in my account but was told "no".)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I was mistaken - it must be other communications that has both of us listed.
Doesn’t really matter for us - I do all interactions with VSE/VSN. Hope it works out.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I'm still trying to figure out all of the implications of the merger with Marriott. I think it will make a difference who's name is on the reservation if you are trying to move toward a new Marriott elite level. It is my understanding that you can move points between accounts but not night credits toward elite status. We are putting all of our reservations in my name because my account shows us close to platinum but my husband only has one night credit for this year- 53 lifetime status nights. (I asked if we could take his lifetime nights and put them in my account but was told "no".)

^^^^^^
This is all correct.

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like it took way longer than it should have, but my resale WKORV/N purchase has finally closed and Vistana has set up my ownership in their system.

Looking forward to finally making a booking for next year!
How long did it take to get ownership set up in Vistana system once the recorded deed was sent to Vistana? I have one in the process also.
Thanks

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How long did it take to get ownership set up in Vistana system once the recorded deed was sent to Vistana? I have one in the process also.
Thanks

I think our agent advised it could take three weeks, but in our case it took around 2?

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new timeshare, Celica7101! We've enjoyed owning at WKORVN, and I remember how excited I was about buying our first week. I hope you will have many memorable vacations there!