• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Boulevard Update

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended an update this week to get $100 to use at Landry's.
I listed my wife as my daughter so she could sleep in. lol
The angle for the weasel was to have me buy CWA points so I would have a blend of select and CWA and therefore I could get priority at many more places.
And also to get to platinum to get the 50% discount.
In a 10 minute span, I got 4 offers -
400K CWA points for about $87K.
154K CWA points for $25K with 250K bonus points for 2 years (to get to Platinum)
400K CWA points for $71K with 600K bonus points for 2 years.
The salesman's logic was that I could turn the new points and saved points due to platinum discounts to extra holidays rentals and pay most of my MFs.
Well sure, give them $71K so I can rent out the new points to pay $5K/ year of MFs.
Might as well keep the $71K and use it to pay 14 years of MFs.
Obviously no deal for me, but I can think about it until March 31, 2019. LOL

Other thing the manager told me - I have two resales in my account. He said going forward, that is all that is allowed that will count toward VIP status. I asked if this was retroactive and he said "not yet". The manager said they really want to kill megarenters.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Other thing the manager told me - I have two resales in my account. He said going forward, that is all that is allowed that will count toward VIP status.

Well we know that isn't true! Resales don't count towards VIP status and that isn't going to change because then no one would buy from them.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Agree with Jan. Resales have never counted towards VIP as far as I know. Maybe he means that resale points wont get the VIP benefits if you are already VIP. Meaning reservations made with those points wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade or discount. No sweat off my back really. 910,000 of my points count towards VIP status (thanks to PIC), and I maybe got a few discounts this year. Those reservations would have been covered in the first 910,000 points.
I attended an update this week to get $100 to use at Landry's.
I listed my wife as my daughter so she could sleep in. lol
The angle for the weasel was to have me buy CWA points so I would have a blend of select and CWA and therefore I could get priority at many more places.
And also to get to platinum to get the 50% discount.
In a 10 minute span, I got 4 offers -
400K CWA points for about $87K.
154K CWA points for $25K with 250K bonus points for 2 years (to get to Platinum)
400K CWA points for $71K with 600K bonus points for 2 years.
The salesman's logic was that I could turn the new points and saved points due to platinum discounts to extra holidays rentals and pay most of my MFs.
Well sure, give them $71K so I can rent out the new points to pay $5K/ year of MFs.
Might as well keep the $71K and use it to pay 14 years of MFs.
Obviously no deal for me, but I can think about it until March 31, 2019. LOL

Other thing the manager told me - I have two resales in my account. He said going forward, that is all that is allowed that will count toward VIP status. I asked if this was retroactive and he said "not yet". The manager said they really want to kill megarenters.

$218 per 1,000 for the first quote.
$165 per 1,000 for the second quote
$176 per 1,000 for the third quote.

Telesales starts at about $155 per 1,000 if you buy 105,000 points. I know one guy who got $133 per 1,000 for buying 192,000 points and that didn't include his $1,000 cash rebate. For $25k, he got permanent VIP Gold with PIC. Obviously offers change. So the $133 might be slightly higher then it was 3 months ago. I'm going to take a wild guess and say if you got 192,000 points it would be $140 per 1,000. 400,000 points would be less then $140 per 1,000. I'm a little insulted that the last resort sales person I spoke to, gave me a starting quote of $100,000 for 400,000 points. I guess I looked dumb enough to believe him. That's ok, because I literally laughed at him when he told me that number. He didn't bother trying to negotiate down. Guess he didn't see the point.

Even at those telesales number, if you are not interested in VIP, that is way too much to spend. 910,000 of my points are developer and PIC points. The developer points (292k) cost me $35k total (this does not include PIC points that cost me $28). The remaining 546,000 points cost me a little over $2,200 including fees. Big difference. I upgraded to Gold after 10 years because our usage of our timeshare has drastically increased. I knew we could use that many points and use the benefits. Plans often change, so the extra time to roll points forward is a big plus for me. I also knew that i would enroll another PIC to reduce my costs of VIP. So between the developer purchases and adding the additional PICs, the average cost of those points was $20 per 1,000 points. I felt that amount was worth it to me to go Gold. There is no way I would spend even $60k, to go Silver.

Even still, if you are not going to use VIP benefits, or the VIP benefits are not worth it to you, go resale. Always the most bang for your buck.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is nice to hear that sales is pushing buy to rent (extra holidays). Not sure that will make you want they imply could happen.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well we know that isn't true! Resales don't count towards VIP status and that isn't going to change because then no one would buy from them.
Yes, Jan is correct. I didn't quote the manager very well.
What he said was that with two resale contracts mixed in with a VIP contract, all the points receive the same level of VIP benefits. He said that if I bought a third one , it would not go in the same account and therefore would not get VIP benefits.
The workaround is to sell/give away a smaller contract and buy a larger resale contract.
I had never heard of the limit of two resales mixed in before. Maybe it is new, or maybe he made it up. :)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Yes, Jan is correct. I didn't quote the manager very well.
What he said was that with two resale contracts mixed in with a VIP contract, all the points receive the same level of VIP benefits. He said that if I bought a third one , it would not go in the same account and therefore would not get VIP benefits.
The workaround is to sell/give away a smaller contract and buy a larger resale contract.
I had never heard of the limit of two resales mixed in before. Maybe it is new, or maybe he made it up. :)

I don’t see this limit documented in the current directory anywhere. This is a documented limit for PIC contracts though, maybe they are mixing up the two types of contracts in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk