• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar Large Pool Still Closed

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
heading there Monday--my first time there--am using restricted points due to having to cancel 18 months ago for medical emergency. Is the water rough? Warm? Looks not busy--I have never done anything to merge SPG and Marriott==due to only owning Harborside but wonder any benefits for being Platinum Elite? Hoping for a good view especially since looks pretty empty. Wonder how internet is?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
heading there Monday--my first time there--am using restricted points due to having to cancel 18 months ago for medical emergency. Is the water rough? Warm? Looks not busy--I have never done anything to merge SPG and Marriott==due to only owning Harborside but wonder any benefits for being Platinum Elite? Hoping for a good view especially since looks pretty empty. Wonder how internet is?
Internet is good. Ocean can be rough but definitely swimmable and enjoyable where designated at the yellow flags.Water is warm and a gorgeous blue. Views are amazing. We were in bldg 2 high floor last trip and loved it.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hard to beat the location, right across the La Isla mall and the Interactive aquarium
lagunamar la isla mall.JPG

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
0F609335-178F-4BAE-B693-C994BB0F1270.jpeg
DC030B99-931C-4157-BADB-735CBA3A16B2.jpeg
C02613A0-E210-49B5-86A2-873B9DA85696.jpeg
Happy to report that as of today (10/18) the resurfacing is done and they are starting to refill the pool. I'm curious to see how long it takes to fill this monster, but I can see the level rise just over the last 3 hours or so.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy to report that as of today (10/18) the resurfacing is done and they are starting to refill the pool. I'm curious to see how long it takes to fill this monster, but I can see the level rise just over the last 3 hours or so.
your mere presence seems to have helped :)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
your mere presence seems to have helped :)
Notice the workers in the first photo are now in charge of watching the water rise. You can also tell by the sky that Mother Nature is about to provide some water!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Notice the workers in the first photo are now in charge of watching the water rise.
if they give me a drink i can do that. But i am happy it will be done before we get there.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
They took down all the fencing around the pool today, but they need to start putting all the lounges back on the deck. I also think there will be some delays until the water chemistry is correct. Probably some permits and paperwork need to be done before we can get in there.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Great news!! Hopefully will be able to use!--arrive Monday-thru Saturday--on the aerial photo of hotel what is the hotel to the right of Lagunamar?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great news!! Hopefully will be able to use!--arrive Monday-thru Saturday--on the aerial photo of hotel what is the hotel to the right of Lagunamar?
all contiguous buildings are part of Lagunamar. |To the right of Lagunamar is Live Aqua
upload_2018-10-18_20-45-28.png

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
We got rained out today, but I can't believe how much fun we are having at Steak Night, with Mayan Night, Mexican Fiesta, and Fire Up The Grill on the agenda. This place is AWESOME! More restaurants and pools to pick from at Harborside, but the prices there are INSANE!

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Thanks--I thought area to right as you face water was a different resort~don't plan to leave resort much except maybe to mall area--sounds like good restaurant options--

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's me up in building 600, sixth floor, room 5. Close to everything. We love it.
we stayed in building 6 and we loved it. close to everything, still gorgeous views. We are going to try something closer to the water now. The resort is rather compact so i cannot foresee a big problem the extra distance to the reception, shop etc.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
we stayed in building 6 and we loved it. close to everything, still gorgeous views. We are going to try something closer to the water now. The resort is rather compact so i cannot foresee a big problem the extra distance to the reception, shop etc.

We were in building 2 last year - too much walking around to get to the lobby / restaurant / exit areas. My wife had a knee replaced 3 months ago, so we're going for CLOSE! (Especially since we're using the upper pool)

On another note - someone turned off the hose! The water level in the main pool is exactly where it was yesterday. This is going to take a while.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Who are you using for transportation? I got an email from hotel saying they could provide it and was $60 for two people--which is fine but it is not with them but with another company--The One--others used them or not--any info would be helpful--my flight and that of my DIL are really close coming in but she is leaving a day earlier. Also 3 hours needed for departure to make flight? Sounds like St John where they don't let you on plane if you aren't there 2 hours before.
Hope that pool starts getting filled again!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Who are you using for transportation? I got an email from hotel saying they could provide it and was $60 for two people--which is fine but it is not with them but with another company--The One--others used them or not--any info would be helpful--my flight and that of my DIL are really close coming in but she is leaving a day earlier. Also 3 hours needed for departure to make flight? Sounds like St John where they don't let you on plane if you aren't there 2 hours before.
Hope that pool starts getting filled again!
We use USA transfers. They are top notch and provide a private van. You can reserve on line and pay when you get there.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We use USA transfers. They are top notch and provide a private van. You can reserve on line and pay when you get there.

We have also used USA Transfers in Cancun and concur they are excellent!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Another vote for USA Transfers, but they will also want to pick you up three hours before departure. The only other option is to take a taxi back to the airport, which is possible and relatively cheap.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have used both services...The One and USA Transfers. We would highly recommend either, they are excellent.

Westin Lagunmar is one of the our favorite vacation locations anywhere.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Pool update Saturday 10/20: They turned the hose back on last night. Pool is about 2/3 full now.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pool update Saturday 10/20: They turned the hose back on last night. Pool is about 2/3 full now.
Under no circumstance let them turn it off until it is full. We count on you!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
They are still saying they will open Monday 10/22. There is still "crime scene tape" around the pool, but they started putting the lounges back on deck today.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
When you go to Happy Hour at 3:00, find out where Wiliam "Free Willy" is. Your $4.00 margarita will be 50% tequilla. AWESOME!

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
When you go to Happy Hour at 3:00, find out where Wiliam "Free Willy" is. Your $4.00 margarita will be 50% rum. AWESOME!

What sort of margarita contains rum?