• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar - Room Request

suzanna945

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
We recently stayed for the first time at Lagunamar, in a 1-bedroom in building 1300. The 1300 building is right next to the Live Aqua hotel's big AC units (or whatever they were), which were loud enough that we couldn't have a conversation sitting next to each other while sitting on our room's balcony. We'll definitely try requesting a different building when we go back.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We recently stayed for the first time at Lagunamar, in a 1-bedroom in building 1300. The 1300 building is right next to the Live Aqua hotel's big AC units (or whatever they were), which were loud enough that we couldn't have a conversation sitting next to each other while sitting on our room's balcony. We'll definitely try requesting a different building when we go back.

I thought all the rooms at Lagunamar has gorgeous ocean views. How did you end up in this unit? Did you exchange in?

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
That looks like the view from the Walkway entering the room not from the Balcony? I think we were in a building once and the Aqua was right there, but it was on the side to the entrance to the room was the balcony was on the other side facing the ocean. Am I mistaken?

blondietink

Reaction score
Building 13 has some bad views. The first few floors (1-3?) look out onto a very dense hedge of vegetation. The upper floors are angled so that they look towards the Aqua. We had to walk by 13 many times as we were in building 14 (which has no handicapped access by the way, unless you walk along the corridors from building 11). I would not accept a room in either building on future stays.

suzanna945

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
We own at Westin St. John. The rooms in the 1300 building at Lagunamar do have a partial ocean view. Here's a longer shot from room 1351's balcony showing that.
No complaints about the partial ocean view, just the noise from the equipment next door.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
My wife just had a knee replaced 3 months ago, so she wanted something closer to the lobby, restaurant, and main entrance. We asked for a high floor in building 6. We got 665. Perfect location, beautiful open view.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Buildings 100 and 1300 are the only ones where the units don't face in toward the pools. I talked to someone a few years ago that was staying in 1300 on the ground floor, and he wasn't pleased.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I’m not a fan of building 14. It’s far away from the main building and a longer walk to get across the street to the mall. We own Oceanside. Here’s our view when we got stuck there a couple years ago.
79d187649376117ea4832338090a27ac.jpg

b2b42d256319b3f8f0551e15d64bf198.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blondietink

Reaction score
We were stuck with building 14 this last spring. My son is in a wheelchair and the building is not handicapped accessible! There is no ramp into the building, only stairs. It is very far away from everything. It was nice to look down onto the quiet pool, but to access the quiet pool we had to walk through the breezeway of building 14, 13, 12 and through the overflow concierge desk and then out the doors and walk to the pool back the same direction we came from. It was worse to go outside to get across the street to the mall and restaurants. I complained about the location on TripAdvisor after our return home and got a very nice response from management. Since that group of buildings were the last to be completed, I can't understand why they are not handicapped accessible.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, we were told on our last visit that owners at Lagunamar get first consideration for villa requests, then other Vistana owners using StarOptions, cash renters, and then traders through II are last in line.
I assume that people who rent from owners or are invited by owners have the same priority as owners

Last edited:

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Concur. We are in 665 now (right next door to the missing 666). 664 and 663 might even have it a bit better.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I have heard that is the order at any resort.
If you are a trader in II but an owner as well does that help with rooms?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

blondietink

Reaction score
We have talked with people at the pool who have traded into Lagunamar using II, even though they own there and have been given a not so desirable room (1st through 3rd floors). Also heard the same in Maui where a couple were given a first floor room back in a corner. But, at Lagunamar I think if you emailed ahead of time and told them you own there, you might have a better change of getting a better room since it is such a huge resort and they tend to bend over backwards for owners there.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We have talked with people at the pool who have traded into Lagunamar using II, even though they own there and have been given a not so desirable room (1st through 3rd floors). Also heard the same in Maui where a couple were given a first floor room back in a corner. But, at Lagunamar I think if you emailed ahead of time and told them you own there, you might have a better change of getting a better room since it is such a huge resort and they tend to bend over backwards for owners there.
When we arrived we were told we were in building 13 , 2nd floor.I told them we wanted the other side buildings 1 through 9 fourth floor or higher. Then we were told building 7 second d floor . I told my husband it was because we reserved through interval and they could tell we were disappointed. We told them we didn't mind waiting and 15 mi nutes later we were assigned to the 4th floor building 7 and are very happy. They do try to make you happy but if you just accept what they assign initially thats what you get. We emailed them the day prior our preferences but should perhaps have tried sooner. The seaweed is here but not terrible. They are working hard to keep it at bay