• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinon Pointe question

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
There is an elevator in the lobby building, but it doesn't help with access to the units which otherwise require using stairs.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
There is an elevator in the lobby building, but it doesn't help with access to the units which otherwise require using stairs.
So if we were interested in buying a resale week, it would have to be a first floor unit. Are these wheelchair accessible, or are there steps into them as well?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
WB, is it true that there are no elevators at Pinion Point? I just read this today, but find it hard to believe...
Not true. I am aware of at least one elevator accessible through the lobby. I'm not sure about the location of elevators elsewhere throughout the resort.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
So if we were interested in buying a resale week, it would have to be a first floor unit. Are these wheelchair accessible, or are there steps into them as well?

Not necessarily. Some second or third floor units require no stairs.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not necessarily. Some second or third floor units require no stairs.
That's true. All of the 3rd floor units in Buildings 1-5 do not require stairs from the elevator through the lobby. Those are also the units with the best views on the resort, in my opinion.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score

There are very few units at PP that don't have stairs. Many have only one step or two, but they are still steps. There are 11 units on the top level (131,132,133.......531,532) of buildings 1-5. (middle number means level 3 which has the fewest steps. Of those 11, I think only 3 or 4 have no steps at all. 532 I think has 8, 131 has 5.

(Actually, level one is accessed from the parking lot rather that the 'resort/pool' level, they might not have steps, you would need to check)

Some buildings have fewest steps on the lower level, and some it is the upper level.

A phone call to the resort would help, but with specific needs, I would not buy without taking an onsite visit.

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
There are very few units at PP that don't have stairs. Many have only one step or two, but they are still steps. There are 11 units on the top level (131,132,133.......531,532) of buildings 1-5. (middle number means level 3 which has the fewest steps. Of those 11, I think only 3 or 4 have no steps at all. 532 I think has 8, 131 has 5.

(Actually, level one is accessed from the parking lot rather that the 'resort/pool' level, they might not have steps, you would need to check)

Some buildings have fewest steps on the lower level, and some it is the upper level.

I agree, there seems to be a few steps everywhere. DH and I briefly visited the resort last week, and took pictures which I'll upload later (they're on both our phones).
Buildings 1-5 may have entrances on the top 3rd level, but the parking closest to the units are way below the buildings. Bldgs 6-8 first floor appear to be at street level.
There are steps up to the pool and hot tub areas. If you're mobility challenged or in wheelchair or walker, it might be a very long ways around to find a path without steps. Pinon Pointe is built on top of a couple of hillocks, so there's not a substantial amount of level ground as you would find in a resort in say Scottsdale. Sorry.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Thanks everyone. We always stay at the Wyndham Sedona which is very wheelchair friendly, but were considering buying a Pinion Point week due to higher Hyatt quality and it’s superior location. Next trip there we will tour the property, but it sounds as if it’s not a very handicap accessible resort.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
dagger,

Just saw your listing. I know the Pinon Pointe, intimately. There is an elevator from the lobby. They have unit 232 which is ADA, no steps, third floor........if you exit unit and go toward club house, you can access the pool and the "resort level"
There is a broker that contacted me last week about that unit having a resale. If you are still interested, advise
Week 20, 2000 points

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
WB, is it true that there are no elevators at Pinion Point? I just read this today, but find it hard to believe...
I think that there is a single elevator at the lobby. But the property is built on a hill side so there is a bunch of up and down.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
There is an elevator in the lobby. It goes to the 3rd floor. From there it leads to many units that have direct wheel chair access.
Rooms 1221, 1222, 1121 and 1122 have either no steps or one step.
Units 131,132,133,231,232 are similar. 232 is setup handicap. From those units there is a path that can lead to rear parking area(no steps) The path also leads to activity center and pool area. Again easily accessable.
These units are in the first section.
The path has a gentle rise.

Edward Druy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Windward Pointe Beach House Hacienda del Mar Pinion Point
That is true. If you have mobility problems, it is important to find a unit with few stairs. Staff is always available to help with luggage, groceries, etc. Some of the units have fairly significant steps to climb or descend.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
The following info is for anyone's use, the info is fact, not conjecture, not for debate. Hyatt Pinon Pointe has two sections the old section, known as phase one. Phase one is also the area for main desk and registration. It is also where the activity center is. Phase two(newer) is off to the left side, most units have many steps.

Upon registering(in lobby, no steps) you can request units that are ADA(unit 232,231 or 531). These units have the best view. You can take the elevator from the lobby to the third floor.(No steps). Upon leaving the building on the third floor you take the Y in the path. If you take the left fork, you come upon building 12(has one step) then you approach building 11......unit 1122 has no steps.

If you take the right fork you are on the "snoopy view side. The first unit you come upon with no steps is 133. Then you run into 231 and 232(ADA no steps). Then you come to building 331 and 332......no steps. Then 432, no steps and then 531(ADA no steps).

The path, left or right has no steps and encircles the activity center and pool. There is some incline(gentle at worst).Either road you travel, the path leads around to the upper rear entrance to the activity center, barbecue area(no steps). From there you can enter the activity center(no steps). Once inside the activity center(no steps in the center), you can exit to the pool with ADA support for pool usage. From that center you can enjoy the fire pit(no steps). You can also enjoy two hot tubs.

In the activity center there is a beautiful work out room and also meeting rooms etc. Along with locker rooms and steam/sauna. They also offer complimentary coffee and tea in the morning(no steps). You can check out pool towels, games and even a rope.(no steps)

So one final note. If you decide not to take the elevator, you can drive to the rear parking lot behind building 6 and 7. There is handicap parking and the access is to the same path(loop) that encircles the activity center. If you park in the designated handicap spots near building 5, the distance to the ADA unit 531(no steps), is actually only 30-40 feet to your front door.

If you ask for 531(ADA) and unit 432(non ADA), the elevation from the parking lot in rear, the room and the entrance to the Pueblo activity center is no more than a 5 feet elevation change.

Pinon Pointe is well planned for all its guests. Jami the property manager is over the top as is all the staff.

To assure yourself of getting one of these units, request it upon making your reservation and then just call ahead, about 1 week and speak to Sonja or Victoria, they will give it the "Hyatt Best try.

Hope this info is clear and all concerned have a clear path to a wonderful time.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The following info is for anyone's use, the info is fact, not conjecture, not for debate. Hyatt Pinon Pointe has two sections the old section, known as phase one. Phase one is also the area for main desk and registration. It is also where the activity center is. Phase two(newer) is off to the left side, most units have many steps.

Upon registering(in lobby, no steps) you can request units that are ADA(unit 232,231 or 531). These units have the best view. You can take the elevator from the lobby to the third floor.(No steps). Upon leaving the building on the third floor you take the Y in the path. If you take the left fork, you come upon building 12(has one step) then you approach building 11......unit 1122 has no steps.

If you take the right fork you are on the "snoopy view side. The first unit you come upon with no steps is 133. Then you run into 231 and 232(ADA no steps). Then you come to building 331 and 332......no steps. Then 432, no steps and then 531(ADA no steps).

The path, left or right has no steps and encircles the activity center and pool. There is some incline(gentle at worst).Either road you travel, the path leads around to the upper rear entrance to the activity center, barbecue area(no steps). From there you can enter the activity center(no steps). Once inside the activity center(no steps in the center), you can exit to the pool with ADA support for pool usage. From that center you can enjoy the fire pit(no steps). You can also enjoy two hot tubs.

In the activity center there is a beautiful work out room and also meeting rooms etc. Along with locker rooms and steam/sauna. They also offer complimentary coffee and tea in the morning(no steps). You can check out pool towels, games and even a rope.(no steps)

So one final note. If you decide not to take the elevator, you can drive to the rear parking lot behind building 6 and 7. There is handicap parking and the access is to the same path(loop) that encircles the activity center. If you park in the designated handicap spots near building 5, the distance to the ADA unit 531(no steps), is actually only 30-40 feet to your front door.

If you ask for 531(ADA) and unit 432(non ADA), the elevation from the parking lot in rear, the room and the entrance to the Pueblo activity center is no more than a 5 feet elevation change.

Pinon Pointe is well planned for all its guests. Jami the property manager is over the top as is all the staff.

To assure yourself of getting one of these units, request it upon making your reservation and then just call ahead, about 1 week and speak to Sonja or Victoria, they will give it the "Hyatt Best try.

Hope this info is clear and all concerned have a clear path to a wonderful time.
Thank you for such a detailed description of Pinion Point. We definitely want to stay there and will request one of the ADA units!!

pgizzi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m there once every two to three years. I’ve tried to use my HRPP week but life has gotten in the way. I’m going back again next April. It’s a great place and I love Sedona too. And DW loves Sedona too.

I’m a big fan of trying to use my CUP points to stay at Hyatt. Luckily I have three within 200 miles of the Bay Area. But I usually end up with EEE points to use in II. Not a bad problem to have.

Hi-new to researching Hyatt and time shares in general. Would you explain these acronyms below?

HHRP
CUP Points
EEE points

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi-new to researching Hyatt and time shares in general. Would you explain these acronyms below?

HHRP
CUP Points
EEE points

HHRP-is the week I own--and the specific unit
CUP-Club use points-what I get when I don't use my HHRP week
EEE-External exchange points-when I want to use my CUP points for an II(Interval International) exchange

In Hyatt all have specific meanings and uses and time frames.

And never ever let your points go to LCUP......

LCUP-Limited Club use period-you can only use these points within 60 days of check in so they are very hard to use

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

HHRP
CUP Points
EEE points
To get educated on Hyatt, be sure to read the stickies on the Hyatt forum. Tons of good info there!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm long overdue, but here are my pictures of Pinon Point, building 2 area:
IMG_7781.JPG IMG_7782.JPG IMG_7791.JPG IMG_7792.JPG IMG_7794.JPG

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
more pictures of pool, and phase 2 building etc:IMG_7797.JPG IMG_7798.JPG IMG_7799.JPG IMG_7800.JPG IMG_7805.JPG IMG_7808.JPG IMG_8000.JPG

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My Pinon Pt offer passed ROFR about 1.5 weeks ago :whooopie:, not quite 4 calendar weeks when escrow submitted it to Hyatt. I think it passed earlier, based on some dates on the estoppel/resale affidavit.
We're buying a 2 bdrm platinum unit, week 13.

One thing I was surprised at, is Hyatt required our social security numbers in addition to signatures on the estoppel/resale affidavit. I don't recall having to supply SSNs on other timeshares we've bought. Maybe we did have to give SSNs when we bought from Sheraton (Vistana) developer, getting a very very short term loan. But on a resale? Do they use SSNs as an identifier??

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
My Pinon Pt offer passed ROFR about 1.5 weeks ago :whooopie:, not quite 4 calendar weeks when escrow submitted it to Hyatt. I think it passed earlier, based on some dates on the estoppel/resale affidavit.
We're buying a 2 bdrm platinum unit, week 13.

One thing I was surprised at, is Hyatt required our social security numbers in addition to signatures on the estoppel/resale affidavit. I don't recall having to supply SSNs on other timeshares we've bought. Maybe we did have to give SSNs when we bought from Sheraton (Vistana) developer, getting a very very short term loan. But on a resale? Do they use SSNs as an identifier??
I think ssn is for collection purposes if you fail to pay maintenance fees.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think ssn is for collection purposes if you fail to pay maintenance fees.
Correct. If you fail to pay maintenance fees on a timely basis, Hyatt can refer you to the credit agencies.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ah okay. thanks Breezez and Baron for your responses.

And thanks to all for the good info on this forum! :thumbup:
All very helpful in my decision making and purchase process.

Last edited:

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
SSN is only to be used for tax purposes. Involved with a Hyatt timeshare purchase as its deeded property?