• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great deal on stay at West57

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

We are staying at west 57 and just got a deal for a return stay at either west 57 or the other club(assuming it’s HCNY)

Price is $149 per night and we can book 7-10 months in advance.

Even though that I assume we need to attend a presentation, I think it’s a great deal as we pay $209 per night using my bHC points. They even waive the $85 short stay fee, booking fee and any other fees too.

No mentioning of access to owners lounge, but as an owner I see why not.

Any thoughts?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
is this deal only available to bHC owners? I would not mind getting it but i am a regular member. do u have a contact number/email?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
is this deal only available to bHC owners? I would not mind getting it but i am a regular member. do u have a contact number/email?

I guess it’s available to all members/guests. They left a voice mail saying “to all of our guests whom are checking out today.....”

They said to come down in the lobby - so maybe you have to be here to take advantage of the offer.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Sounds like a great deal. How many nights?

I believe we got a similar voicemail last time we stayed but weren't paying much attention. If we get it again later this month when we visit, we will take it as we have a visit scheduled for April. Love to stretch those points.

Last edited:

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I have been offered that deal the last few times I stayed at W57. They always require that my husband go to a presentation with me, so I can never take advantage of it. Sounds like a great offer!

How is your stay going? I'll be there tomorrow. Seeing five shows. PM me if you are around and I can say hello.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just did this in September (over Labor Day weekend). The offer came on or April trip. We did 2 nights, but could have done more (maybe even as many as 4). We ended up at the regular Hilton Hotel. There was no availability at W. 57. We were offered HCNY (or Residences, don't recall which) a few weeks before but, as HHonors Diamond, th Hotel was better as we got lounge access that we would not have gotten in either of the others. Also, from my past experience, and what I understand going forward, the Hotel rooms are bigger. Also, the "Urban destination" fee was waived for the Hotel stay.

Our discussion lasted all of 15 minutes. We took the $200 in Elevated Rewads dollars and were able to pick them up a couple of days early to start using them. Definitely a great deal.

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is your stay going? I'll be there tomorrow. Seeing five shows. PM me if you are around and I can say hello.

We had a wonderful stay. But as everything else it have come to end. We are leaving for Orlando today.

We checked out early and explored NYC. We were giving access to the lounge even though we had checked out.

About the deal we were told that it was a 2nt only more nights might be accommodated but at a different price.

I asked if I could send a friend of mine instead and that wasn’t a problem. Only requirements was that they came as husband and wife and they provided a credit card.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a wonderful stay. But as everything else it have come to end. We are leaving for Orlando today.

We checked out early and explored NYC. We were giving access to the lounge even though we had checked out.

We've always accessed the lounge after check-out.

Interestingly, we are going to W. 57th tomorrow evening (through Monday). Then we come home and leave Thursday for Orlando (through the following Monday :))
About the deal we were told that it was a 2nt only more nights might be accommodated but at a different price

Our email confirmation had a note:

"I made a notation on your account to allow for up to two additional nights at $150 (FLAT RATE). Please note that dates are subject to availability at each location offered."

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've always accessed the lounge after check-out.

Interestingly, we are going to W. 57th tomorrow evening (through Monday). Then we come home and leave Thursday for Orlando (through the following Monday :))

Our email confirmation had a note:

"I made a notation on your account to allow for up to two additional nights at $150 (FLAT RATE). Please note that dates are subject to availability at each location offered."

Cheers.

When you use the deal do you also get the reward$, Visa card or is that not an option when staying on the deal?

Are you doing Disney too? I did have enough DVC points for the entire stay so we are doing 3-3. 3 days at Tuscany and 3 days club level at AKV :)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you use the deal do you also get the reward$, Visa card or is that not an option when staying on the deal?

Are you doing Disney too? I did have enough DVC points for the entire stay so we are doing 3-3. 3 days at Tuscany and 3 days club level at AKV :)

Yes, we got the deal. We got $200 Reward Dollars, and picked them up a couple of days early. Still have $75 left for this weekend's trip. Pretty sure that the $100 Visa was also an option, but $200 > $100 :)

Yes, doing DVC (BCV) for 4 nights. We arrive 10/18, so it looks like we'll just miss you.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Cyberc Not surprised you can use the lounge after you checked out. The staff is very accommodating to owners and we always feel welcome and special when we visit. Besides this enables them to clean the room for the next guest and keep you happy.

This thread reminds me how fun it is to visit NYC - W57 feels like a second home and we are always finding new activities in NYC. (BTW...I also feel this way about Lagoon Tower.) I am looking forward to our upcoming trip in a few weeks and will listen to voicemail for this offer. :)

@Denise L Wow 5 shows! Sounds like fun. Have you found a good outlet to purchase Broadway shows at a discount?

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Denise L Wow 5 shows! Sounds like fun. Have you found a good outlet to purchase Broadway shows at a discount?

If not, I suggest the TKTS booth franchise. This may not work if one wants to see specific shows (although it is possible to see what they ahve on offer), but is great if one is willing to wing it, as we usually do- have yet to see something not fun.

if going this route, I suggest the location at South Street Seaport. Very much less crowded and a great location. Last couple of trips we've walked from W. 57th to South Street, but that may not be for everyone :). This weekend is Open House New York, so not as much free wandering time.

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we got the deal. We got $200 Reward Dollars, and picked them up a couple of days early. Still have $75 left for this weekend's trip. Pretty sure that the $100 Visa was also an option, but $200 > $100 :)

Yes, doing DVC (BCV) for 4 nights. We arrive 10/18, so it looks like we'll just miss you.

Cheers.

Glad to hear that. The lady booking the “updates” said they recently changed their policy which meant going from 40 sales people to update owners to now 10. Only those 10 could do an owners update not the rest, this again meant that the time slots available would book up very fast.

As most tuggers we would only do the updates for the reward $ and nothing else :)

@Cyberc Not surprised you can use the lounge after you checked out. The staff is very accommodating to owners and we always feel welcome and special when we visit. Besides this enables them to clean the room for the next guest and keep you happy.

This thread reminds me how fun it is to visit NYC - W57 feels like a second home and we are always finding new activities in NYC. (BTW...I also feel this way about Lagoon Tower.) I am looking forward to our upcoming trip in a few weeks and will listen to voicemail for this offer. :)

They made it sound like it was an exception that we could have access to the lounge now that we checked out way earlier in the day. But I’m glad if it’s normal then we can utilize it next time also after checkout.

On another note while staff was checkin if I was an owner I was told I was an “elite owner” the lady booking the updates said the same thing later on too.

I’ve never heard that before as I’m “only” resale.

Is there any other way of seeing if you are “hgvc elite” or not?

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Glad to hear that. The lady booking the “updates” said they recently changed their policy which meant going from 40 sales people to update owners to now 10. Only those 10 could do an owners update not the rest, this again meant that the time slots available would book up very fast.

As most tuggers we would only do the updates for the reward $ and nothing else :)

They made it sound like it was an exception that we could have access to the lounge now that we checked out way earlier in the day. But I’m glad if it’s normal then we can utilize it next time also after checkout.

On another note while staff was checkin if I was an owner I was told I was an “elite owner” the lady booking the updates said the same thing later on too.

I’ve never heard that before as I’m “only” resale.

Is there any other way of seeing if you are “hgvc elite” or not?

Elite status shows up right under your name and account number and above Club Point Summary on the Dashboard.

Sean

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Well, of course. Why else? :)

For our trip this weekend they offered a brief update. Because we were there a month ago (less than the 60-day limit) we couldn't get a regular gift offer. But we could get 1000 HHonors points!

I declined :)

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We will be 4 months since our update in HI. We would use this pffer in April 2019 (10 Mos since last presentation). Do you think we would qualify?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be 4 months since our update in HI. We would use this pffer in April 2019 (10 Mos since last presentation). Do you think we would qualify?

Pretty sure. She indicated that only 60 days are necessary. The big thing I'd push for is extension of the validity of the Reward $. The ones we got in September had a 12/31/18 date. Typically, they've been less...and it's actually hard to spend $200 on a long weekend just at the places on their list unless one goes there more than we wanted to.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Elite status shows up right under your name and account number and above Club Point Summary on the Dashboard.

Sean

There is an elite symbol on the right side of our dashboard above the points summary next to the account number. Under it is,"Learn More." It is not directly under our name and account number. I always believed it is an ad for Elite? We were given elite wristbands at another property this year and received a welcome gift for the past two years but I thought it was in error. However we probably paid more retail for our NYC unit than others who bought in less expensive locations and hold elite.:shrug:

Last edited:

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
There is an elite symbol on the right side of our dashboard above the points summary next to the account number. Under it is,"Learn More." It is not directly under our name and account number. I always believed it is an ad for Elite? We were given elite wristbands at another property this year and received a welcome gift for the past two years but I thought it was in error. However we probably paid more retail for our NYC unit than others who bought in less expensive locations and hold elite.:shrug:

Sounds like you are Elite. If you have 14,000 points purchased from Hilton or their designee, you are definitely Elite. Elite Plus is 24,000 and Elite Premier is 34,000. Though the sales people recently told me those threshold numbers will be increasing, current Elite clients will maintain their current status.

Sean

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Sounds like you are Elite. If you have 14,000 points purchased from Hilton or their designee, you are definitely Elite. Elite Plus is 24,000 and Elite Premier is 34,000. Though the sales people recently told me those threshold numbers will be increasing, current Elite clients will maintain their current status.

Sean

Lips moving.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Dashboard with Elite.PNG

Above is our dashboard (personally identifying info removed). This looks like an advertisement to me because it says,"Get Elite Benefits to Make the Most of your Vacation." Can someone with Elite confirm whether this is where the logo is supposed to be located?

Last edited:

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
63615320-9889-4907-9D1F-5502CDE454E7.jpeg
View attachment 8582

Above is what our dashboard looks like (personally identifying info removed). This looks like an advertisement to me because it says,"Get Elite Benefits to Make the Most of your Vacation." Can someone with Elite confirm whether this is where the logo is supposed to be located?

I have 2 dashboards. I attached a copy of my Hilton Club one.

Sean

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are Elite. If you have 14,000 points purchased from Hilton or their designee, you are definitely Elite. Elite Plus is 24,000 and Elite Premier is 34,000.

Except that non-direct purchases (i.e. resale, i.e. wise) purchases are not supposed to count toward this tally.

I figure us resale folks are more de-lete to them rather than e-lite...

Cheers.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
She indicated that only 60 days are necessary.

I have heard before, that as long as you have 1 day in-between stays (I think at Sunrise Lodge), you can have another "owners update". So, I think it depends who is talking and how bad they need "customers" for the "owners update".

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 8582

Above is our dashboard (personally identifying info removed). This looks like an advertisement to me because it says,"Get Elite Benefits to Make the Most of your Vacation." Can someone with Elite confirm whether this is where the logo is supposed to be located?
Mine look exactly the same. I wouldn’t expect to have any additional privileges.