• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ILG-SPG Merger Update Presentation

gowarty

Reaction score
I live in the DC area and received an email offering to attend an event:

We will be holding a presentation in a group setting discussing the Starwood merger with International Leisure Group and Starwood Preferred Guest, the locations of our newest properties along with some exciting enhancements made to your ownership and Marriott Rewards Points. We are offering some amazing incentives for your time and we would love to have you join us for this Exclusive Owners Event.

When I called, the representative said they've had events in other cities already. Is there a list of what's new with the merger? I can't find anything online so far.

Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There have been a ton of discussion about this in the Vistana and Marriott forums here on TUG.

However, ILG is is old news now, (that buy-out occurred 2 or 3 years ago) but more recently, Marriott bought out ILG as the management company for what was formerly Starwood.

You don't want to go to these "owners' update." They are actually hard-core sales presentations and they aren't presented by Vistana or Marriott.

Last edited:

gowarty

Reaction score
I was trying to find out when/what SPG properties would be included as part of the merger. Is that posted anywhere?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They are now listed on the Marriott website.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is basically a roving sales team that goes to major cities across the country to try to sell timeshare product. Nothing more than a sales presentation.

gowarty

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Are the Vistana properties available to book with MVC points yet? I couldn't find it but might be blind.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for the heads up. Are the Vistana properties available to book with MVC points yet? I couldn't find it but might be blind.
No, they are not. Not known if it will ever be an option.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to clarify - SPG is the hotel branch (not the timeshare branch) - you asked about SPG properties - the SPG properties are the Starwood hotels.

Are you asking if you can book Starwood/Vistana timeshares, with Marriott timeshare points?

Reaction score
ILG (the conglomerate) owns II and the Starwood branded timeshares(ie Hyatt, vistana, westin) which Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation (not Marriott inc.) purchased with that 4.7 billion dollar bid that closed in August. They have not yet added those locations into the destinations program but are anticipating possibly in late 2019 early 2020. the purchase of the Starwood hotels by Marriott inc. was a separate transaction.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
ILG (the conglomerate) owns II and the Starwood branded timeshares(ie Hyatt, vistana, westin) which Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation (not Marriott inc.) purchased with that 4.7 billion dollar bid that closed in August. They have not yet added those locations into the destinations program but are anticipating possibly in late 2019 early 2020. the purchase of the Starwood hotels by Marriott inc. was a separate transaction.
The Hyatt timeshares are being handled differently to the Westin and Sheraton ones, almost certainly because the Hyatt hotel business remains totally separate and who knows whether they may still buy back the Hyatt timeshare business from MVC?
“Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc., an operating business of Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation, designs, builds, manages and maintains resort properties under the Westin and Sheraton brands, ensuring the highest quality standards.”

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hyatt timeshares are being handled differently to the Westin and Sheraton ones, almost certainly because the Hyatt hotel business remains totally separate and who knows whether they may still buy back the Hyatt timeshare business from MVC?
“Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc., an operating business of Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation, designs, builds, manages and maintains resort properties under the Westin and Sheraton brands, ensuring the highest quality standards.”

Speculation is all we have at this point, and I initially wondered if MVC would sell the Hyatt timeshare business. However, the Hyatt Residence Club needs a back office component to properly operate.

My info is that all of the HRC staff has now been given their 60 day term notices, and most back office work has already been transferred to Vistana. Some of the main employees who were retained have already transferred to Vistana.

Will the "Hyatt Residence Club" signs have a different name in the next year?

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speculation is all we have at this point, and I initially wondered if MVC would sell the Hyatt timeshare business. However, the Hyatt Residence Club needs a back office component to properly operate.

My info is that all of the HRC staff has now been given their 60 day term notices, and most back office work has already been transferred to Vistana. Some of the main employees who were retained have already transferred to Vistana.

Will the "Hyatt Residence Club" signs have a different name in the next year?

I spoke with a HRC rep today and asked him about this. He said they have not heard anything about this.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
I posted the information from this board on the Hyatt board (I am looking to aquire a Hyatt unit) and this is what a Hyatt owner posted:

I got a call from a 407 number about my maintenance fee, I called back the number they left and the recording said Hyatt. However today I accidentally called the number that they originally called from, and it was answered as Vistana.

Hard to say what the real situation is apparently....