• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which HGVC in Orlando early January for DH and I?

mtforeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking for a week to get away for the two of us, booking a 1br. Will cook in half the time and eat out half the time.

We will likely get a park hopper pass and explore the area, but we usually spend half the time just at the resort taking it easy. Like quality surroundings for the actual lodgings.

Any recommendations?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Parc Soleil & I-Drive (a/k/a Tuscany Village) are closest to Disney.
Parc Soleil is slightly closer and newer, but by-itself in an isolated area.
I-Drive is near an outlet mall, and a large grocery is across the street.

Seaworld & Los Palmeras are better for Seaworld and Universal.
Seaworld is older but redone. Also spread out among several buildings.
Los Palmeras is a high-rise, converted hotel near the convention center.

I choose I-Drive or Seaworld, based on destination.
Whatever floats your boat...

Last edited:

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I assume you mean Disney World Resort over Universal Orlando, but any of the HGVC locations work. There are certainly shuttles to the parks but I’ll use driving distance in my breakdown. And remember that Disney World Resort is huge and spread out. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are farthest away from the HGVC locations. Universal has one parking structure and walk to the two main parks.

1. HGVC Tuscany - (I-Drive and Vineland Ave)
  • Closest to Disney Springs, Epcot, Hollywood Studios.
  • Adjoins Premium Outlet Mall (if you are outlet afficianado, this is one of the best in the country)
  • Publix very close and convenient for groceries
  • Close to a lot of chain restaurants
  • Park in front of your building
2. HGVC Parc Soleil (Palm Parkway)
  • Closer to Disney (Springs, Epcot, and H. Studios) than Universal - but can take Palm Parkway to Universal and avoid I4
  • More isolated and not walkable to shopping or dining. Super Walmart a few miles north on Palm Parkway for sundries
  • Park in garage and walk to your building (there are 2) and your room
3. HGVC SeaWorld (Central Florida Parkway)
  • Closer to Universal than Parc Soleil, but still closer to Disney (Springs, Epcot, Studios)
  • Obviously very close to Sea World
  • Closest Publix is a close but traffic-heavy drive across I-Drive
  • Bone Fish and large CVS are walkable.
  • Park in front of your building
4. Las Palmeras (Universal Blvd)
  • Closest to Universal and less convenient to Disney
  • Very close to orange county convention center, Pointe Orlando, Top Golf, Andretti racing
  • Publix very close and easy to get to down a less busy Universal Boulevard (but when new Universal park announced and built, that road will get much busier)
  • Park in garage and walk to building (only 1) and room
I have probably stayed at all four resorts six or more times but personally prefer Tuscany. You can’t go wrong at any of the HGVC resorts in terms of services and amenities compared to you anything you’ll find in Orlando. All four are family friendly but Seaworld caters more to families with younger kids and Las Palmeras caters more to adults. Tuscany best for families with older children (great pool, rec room for teens).

I hope this helps. Again everyone has a different opinions and different experiences.

Sean

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Las Palmeras will have fewer kids running around. It’s also the only one with a lobby bar and nice restaurant since it is a converted hotel. The pool is decent and it’s in a quiet area.

I’ve stayed in all of them and they’re all nice.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of our time in ORL is spent relaxing around the pool - so my view is slanted towards that and not the parks. In order:
1) Tuscany - we love the Italian feel, the layout, the walking trail around the lake and the 2 pools. Been there over 25 times ... our escape. Publix right across the street. Most rooms have a lake view and it is pretty at night with the fountains and lights. It just has that "it" factor for us.
2) SeaWorld (with a catch) - our home resort but you can end up a long way away from the main pool. We always reserve in the original buildings next to the pool area so that won't happen. Those original buildings are also architecturally very different from the other buildings.
3) Parc Soleil - love the pool and kids loved the waterslide. It has the best workout room. Unlike the others, this has internal halls but that has never really bothered us. A little more upscale but we miss the hottub - and your view is likely over nothing.
4) Las Palmeras - great location for trade shows but has a smaller pool. The only one we have not stayed at but we did check it out. It is definitely too modern for our tastes. Also has internal halls, i think.

mtforeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I think we'll lean toward Tuscany, with SeaWorld as a backup.