• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attaching MR Numbers to II/Marriott Confirmations [2013/Ongoing]

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the OS or browser choice. My trade was clearly a Marriott deposit (with an H in front of the room code). Anyone else?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the OS or browser choice. My trade was clearly a Marriott deposit (with an H in front of the room code). Anyone else?
Mine is TOVI (Marriott's Newport Coast).

Is H in front = Developer deposit for all Marriott resorts?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That could be it. Our trade was in to unit code HZZZG and I was able to add my number. So perhaps the developer deposits can be modified in this way where the owner deposits can't? You could be on to something.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Mine is TOVI (Marriott's Newport Coast).

Is H in front = Developer deposit for all Marriott resorts?
This is from the Marriott II Unit Codes thread FAQ in post #1

What do the D and/or H mean at the beginning of Marriott II Unit Codes that have five characters?
The best we have been able to determine is the following; D indicates that the inventory came from a Marriott DC points bulk bank and H indicates the inventory came from a weeks Marriott based bulk bank. Four character Marriott II Unit Codes indicate the inventory came from an owner deposit.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine both had the H in front of them. I wish we could do that with all of them.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We had a recent II exchange in to the Aruba Surf Club not yet post. I haven't opened a missing stay request yet, but my MR number was attached to the reservation and I was able to see the reservation in my MR account for many months before travel. I had actually attached the MR number online using the edit option from post #135. I did confirm on check in that my number was still attached. I am sure there will be a fight to get the nights credited. Not a lot of points since we only spent a few dollars in the Marketplace.

I did also have to open a missing stay request for a StarOption stay at Sheraton Vistana Villages and that night and points have yet to post.

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at Ritz Vacation Club in Vail labor day week using points. Although I know I won't get MR points, we are supposed to get night credits and they haven't yet posted. Although I am Lifetime Platinum, I still want to get the night credits so I can qualify for the Suite night award. I am also skeptical I will get the credits and dread contacting MR to try to get them. I still haven't gotten my Marriott credit card 15 night credits or certificate and previously got them in Sept.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a reservation into Crystal Shores this summer that allowed edit but simply would not save any changes at all. It was an "H" deposit but like others have stated I have plenty of other H deposit reservations that I could modify. It is the only II reservation that I have not been able to modify in about 70 reservations, including another at Crystal Shores. I called and a rep couldn't modify it either. I had no trouble adding it at check-in and getting the nights and points post checkout.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
We stayed at Barony Beach Club in August. My MR was linked to the reservation, which was an II exchange. I received several thousand MR points from our stay, but no nights. I called yesterday, Sunday, and was told the MR system showed the stay, but it was documented as an incidental stay, which means we did not pay for the stay through Marriott. When I explained how we went, through the II exchange, she said the system does not provide enough details about what an II exchange means, but that they would not do anything for me about the nights credit. I was told that I needed to contact MVC to see if they could somehow get the stay documented as a normal paid stay, instead of an incidental stay.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the summer I had a stay at Custom House via II AC. MR# was given at check-in. The nights didn't show, I filled out the missing nights form.

1st response: was sorry that rate code does not provide night credits and when on to say something about military rates.

I email back and explained it was and II exchange and if they looked at my history they could see the stay the summer before at the same resort gave night credits.

2nd response: apologies for the oversite and the night were given.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I stayed at Ritz Vacation Club in Vail labor day week using points. Although I know I won't get MR points, we are supposed to get night credits and they haven't yet posted. Although I am Lifetime Platinum, I still want to get the night credits so I can qualify for the Suite night award. I am also skeptical I will get the credits and dread contacting MR to try to get them. I still haven't gotten my Marriott credit card 15 night credits or certificate and previously got them in Sept.
I never did get my 15 nights this year because (as I was told when I called) I had upgraded my Marriott Visa a month or two before the 15 nights were scheduled to post, and they claimed I had to start over with the new upgraded card, with my first 15 nights posting in 2019. It makes little sense to me (especially since I did get my annual free night a month after upgrading), but I didn't pursue it because I am Lifetime Platinum Premier and this year I won't have the 50 nights required for suite awards even with those 15 nights.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never did get my 15 nights this year because (as I was told when I called) I had upgraded my Marriott Visa a month or two before the 15 nights were scheduled to post, and they claimed I had to start over with the new upgraded card, with my first 15 nights posting in 2019. It makes little sense to me (especially since I did get my annual free night a month after upgrading), but I didn't pursue it because I am Lifetime Platinum Premier and this year I won't have the 50 nights required for suite awards even with those 15 nights.
I just received my 15 nights credit for the MR Visa and my 1 night certificate (25k pts max). However, management at the Ritz Residence Club in Vail informed me that they do not participate in MR rewards program at all, including giving nights stayed credits for DC points reservations. I know that I read in either Marriott's or MVC T&C that Ritz Residence Clubs do provide nights credits, but now I have to find confirmation of this and send it to the Ritz management.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I just received my 15 nights credit for the MR Visa and my 1 night certificate (25k pts max). However, management at the Ritz Residence Club in Vail informed me that they do not participate in MR rewards program at all, including giving nights stayed credits for DC points reservations. I know that I read in either Marriott's or MVC T&C that Ritz Residence Clubs do provide nights credits, but now I have to find confirmation of this and send it to the Ritz management.
Ritz Carlton Vail never used to participate in Marriott Rewards. I have not checked for 3-4 years, however, so it may have changed.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just linked three last week.

First call: We can't do that.

Me: Hangs up. Calls back.

Second call: Did all three in about a minute.

Ditto, We did the same process last week and it worked. Just liked MichaelColey have stated.

We added two (2) reservations.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto, We did the same process last week and it worked. Just liked MichaelColey have stated.

We added two (2) reservations.
The easiest way to add an II reservation to your MR account is to log onto your MR account. Then use your II reservation number from your II confirmation and enter that number as you lookup confirmation. When the reservation comes up just add your MR # and you will automatically receive an e-mail from Marriott as well as it will be listed on your MR account under my trips. Did it this AM without speaking to a MR rep. Usually you have to wait a day or two before doing this action after reservation is made.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to add an II reservation to your MR account is to log onto your MR account. Then use your II reservation number from your II confirmation and enter that number as you lookup confirmation. When the reservation comes up just add your MR # and you will automatically receive an e-mail from Marriott as well as it will be listed on your MR account under my trips. Did it this AM without speaking to a MR rep. Usually you have to wait a day or two before doing this action after reservation is made.

This. No need to ever call anymore. Adding is self service online. If you can’t add it online neither can they by calling.

That said, I do believe all the self service editing will be short lived. It enables booking on Marriott.com and then selling the reservation and changing the name. I doubt this was their intention, but would easily be done. Furthermore the new name shows on the reservation incorrectly as the owner of the rewards account. The Hotel has no readily available ability to be able to see that the person on the reservation is not the rewards status member. I’ve seen this multiple times by booking rooms for myself and co-workers for business trips. I change the names on each of the rooms so they can check in independently. Everyone checking in is each recognized as Platinum Elite. I don’t see this confusion continuing forever.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
For anyone who may be unsure when doing this, it is the Reservation Number (a Marriott number) not the Confirmation Number (an Interval number) on the Interval certificate which you need to enter in your Marriott account.
This is a very useful facility, which I really hope they do find a way to keep for genuine reasons.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Just tried it, and it worked perfectly.

While I've never had problems before using email to get my MR# attached, doing it online was fast, easy, and immediate.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Even if you get the MR number attached, you still need to verify that they actually post. I used the online system to add my MR number to our Aruba Surf Club reservation and the stay never posted. I was able to get it taken care of after opening a missing stay request.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if you get the MR number attached, you still need to verify that they actually post. I used the online system to add my MR number to our Aruba Surf Club reservation and the stay never posted. I was able to get it taken care of after opening a missing stay request.
This seems to be a very resort related issue.
Some of our resorts always post, whether our MR number is there from the start or added later.
One resort often needs us to submit a missing stay request, whenever out MR number is there.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the post that explains how to add the rewards number online. Can someone please tell me how to add it? Thank you in advance

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timetraveler Thank you very much for the info. It has now been added :)