• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
No, Lifetime Nights only count for lifetime elite status. 92 Lifetime Nights does not provide any lifetime status as the minimum is Lifetime Silver Elite and that requires 250 Lifetime Nights.

Your annual or year-to-date nights provide annual status. If your combined current year nights equal 92, then you are Platinum Premier Elite since you have greater than 75 nights.

Thanks, that explanation makes it much clearer for me. Now, the next question is that we have always been granted Gold Elite status for the hotel side yearly because of our Vistana ownerships. Does anybody know if this will continue?

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that explanation makes it much clearer for me. Now, the next question is that we have always been granted Gold Elite status for the hotel side yearly because of our Vistana ownerships. Does anybody know if this will continue?

If you were given Gold, you will still have Gold. if you were given Platinum, you will still have Platinum.

however, the benefits at each level are changing -- see https://www.vistana.com/news-faq#faq201804

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I still have not received credit for our Sheraton Vistana Villages stay. It has been just over ten days. Our night at Marriott's BeachPlace Towers has posted and it was the night after our stay at SVV. I kept a copy of our folio and will be submitting a missing stay request in the next day or so. Will keep the thread updated on what transpires.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received credit for a stay at Atlantis Harborside? It's been 2 weeks since our stay ended but no credit has posted.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Has anybody that has stayed at any Vistana Resort since the merge received credit? We will be at the Vistana Villages next month. Inquiring minds want to know.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Has anybody that has stayed at any Vistana Resort since the merge received credit? We will be at the Vistana Villages next month. Inquiring minds want to know.
Still waiting for credit from a one night stay there on the first of September. I even submitted a missing stay request, nothing!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We did for 1 week at lagunamar although we reserved 3 weeks. We are 1 day short of platinum so plan a Marriott stay soon

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where on the account is the rewards number? When I log into my account in vistana.com, there are no Rewards numbers or SPG numbers that I can see. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Did anyone find where on the Vistana site we can see or edit our SPG/Marriott number?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Did anyone find where on the Vistana site we can see or edit our SPG/Marriott number?

The only place I see it is when you convert Staroptions to Points. However, when the number is shown the transaction has already become final.

I quick phone call to Owner Services should solve the problem of what number is attached to the account.

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only place I see it is when you convert Staroptions to Points. However, when the number is shown the transaction has already become final.

I quick phone call to Owner Services should solve the problem of what number is attached to the account.

I called Vistana and they said since I bought resale (Mandatory - Kierland) that there is no reason to have my Marriott/SPG number attached to my account since I cannot transfer to Starpoints (which I know), but I asked about getting Elite night credits for stays and he didnt know anything about it... so no luck.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I called Vistana and they said since I bought resale (Mandatory - Kierland) that there is no reason to have my Marriott/SPG number attached to my account since I cannot transfer to Starpoints (which I know), but I asked about getting Elite night credits for stays and he didnt know anything about it... so no luck.

Simply add it to your account during check in at the resort. I’ve done that for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Simply add it to your account during check in at the resort. I’ve done that for years.

Yes, this!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

It didn't work for me on our last stay at SVV.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It didn't work for me on our last stay at SVV.

When was your stay? If before the recent integration, then i suspect it was an error on the part of the checkin staff. I’ve had that happen on occasion. And, up until a few years ago they credited the wrong person who shares my name. I still carry a SPG card and physically give it to them to add the number and it used to be rather common for them to say it was different than the number they had on file for me. Now that we have new numbers and no cards, I’ll have to ask them to double check.

FWIW, I’m still waiting on credit for my WDW stay last month. Disappointed with Marriott in every way right now.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At this point, I am wondering which number to actually give at check-in. Our Marriott number? Our Vistana number? Should I just actually combine the two and only have one number? I am leaning toward the Marriott number since after January the Vistana numbers will go away, is that right?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
At this point, I am wondering which number to actually give at check-in. Our Marriott number? Our Vistana number? Should I just actually combine the two and only have one number? I am leaning toward the Marriott number since after January the Vistana numbers will go away, is that right?

I assume you mean SPG number as there is no Vistana number.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
hmm, gonna have to call in, as the number shown on that screen does not match my old SPG number or post-merge MR number. I did get credit for my Aug WKORV stay.

In all likelihood it is your new SPG number. That is what is showing for me even though I've merged my accounts and am using my Marriott number.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
When was your stay? If before the recent integration, then i suspect it was an error on the part of the checkin staff. I’ve had that happen on occasion. And, up until a few years ago they credited the wrong person who shares my name. I still carry a SPG card and physically give it to them to add the number and it used to be rather common for them to say it was different than the number they had on file for me. Now that we have new numbers and no cards, I’ll have to ask them to double check.

FWIW, I’m still waiting on credit for my WDW stay last month. Disappointed with Marriott in every way right now.

Out stays ended September 2nd and a second stay ending September 11th. I didn't confirm that my Rewards number was attached to the second stay since we arrived at midnight and left at 4:30am. Their computers were down when we checked out so I didn't get a copy of the folio, but I did call the other day and had them email me one. I know my MR number was on my first stay because I asked the check in agent to confirm and she indicated that it was already attached. I have no idea how. I haven't received credit for either stay. I opened a missing stay request for the first one over a week ago and never heard back. Just opened the missing stay request for the second one yesterday. Oddly I also opened a missing stay request for our Aruba Surf Club stay yesterday and I heard back in less than a day that they couldn't find the reservation and I needed to provide the confirmation number. I know the issue is that they were looking at the Aruba Ocean Club when we stayed at the Surf Club.

There is no issue with my name being confused with someone else staying at the same resort or perhaps even another Marriott anywhere in the world. My last name is just about as close to a confirmation number as one would ever see. No one else in this country has the same last name except for my wife.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked at the link above and the number listed was the new number SPG assigned me. However, I have already merged my SPG and Marriott accounts and kept the Marriott number. I clicked on the Online Chat button at the Vistana site, and the rep was able to change it for me. It showed the Marriott number almost immediately after the rep changed it and I refreshed the page.

I also want the Marriott Platinum benefits from being 5* Elite to go to my wife now, instead of me, since I have lifetime plat through hotel stays with the combined accounts. My wife is on all the deeds. I had to write a paper letter, with both of our signatures, scan it, and e-mail it to ownerres@vistana.com. The change was approved, but Vistana is saying the Marriott system has an issue and can't finish the process on that end. They will let me know when it is done, but don't have an outlook for a date.

Gordgeous

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
Is anyone aware of how the Marriott/SPG elite qualification credits work for rentals?

Would the elite credit revert back to the owner if added to the reservation in advance? Or would the renter be able to add their name at check-in for the credit? Or would this benefit be lost all together in the case of a rental?